Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Will everyone get their CT5V Blackwing?

Commonman

Seasoned Member
This is a question for people like Dustin at Sewell who know the GM system better than most of us. It appears that 1435 CT5V Blackwing's will be made in 2022. Every one is spoken for and their is tremendous demand in unfilled orders based on all the people on this forum who are waiting for an allocation. Historically GM has made between 1000-2000 of these V series cars per year. GM must know how many unallocated orders are in the system for 2023. If that number is significantly higher than the historical averages will GM ramp up production to meet that demand or will they limit production based on Blackwing's being a special build car within the CT5 model line up?

This is the $64K question!

This is a question for people like Dustin at Sewell who know the GM system better than most of us. It appears that 1435 CT5V Blackwing's will be made in 2022. Every one is spoken for and their is tremendous demand in unfilled orders based on all the people on this forum who are waiting for an allocation. Historically GM has made between 1000-2000 of these V series cars per year. GM must know how many unallocated orders are in the system for 2023. If that number is significantly higher than the historical averages will GM ramp up production to meet that demand or will they limit production based on Blackwing's being a special build car within the CT5 model line up?
Yes most likely. I don't think there has ever been a recent GM product that finished its production run without having too much supply for the demand. Look at prior ZR1s Z06s ZLEs Z28s etc etc. Tons of interest early on with markups, then pretty much all of them in the final few years of production had some discounts to make them move. GM doesn't understand exclusivity and rarity like say Porsche understands so well. They will keep making them as long as they sell. Many people think that the final few years of Blackwings will be hard to get, but I really don't think so.

Demand will wane...I figured they were shooting for the same production numbers as the first year V3 on the first year of production. But Covid and parts constraints made it near impossible. After next year, demand should drop. Market for $100K cars aint exactly alot. Plus interest rates going up, people will have second thoughts on buying a $120K OTD car when interest rates are over 5%.

Not only that. but if we go into recession like "they" will talk us into, that could impact sales. Though, at this price point, there is no recession.

If demand stays strong, they could "extend" the final year to get everything built.

All that said, GM doesn't always do smart things. Look how many cars got figured out, then cancelled.

Not to mention over $5 per gallon prices. My next car will most likely be an electric or hybrid.
In California, gas is now 6.97 per gallon so my BW5 is parked and driving my BW4 more. 9 miles per gallon kills me at the pump for the 5. and I still need to learn how to keep my foot off of the accelerator. o_O

Not to mention over $5 per gallon prices. My next car will most likely be an electric or hybrid.
I am not insensitive to gas prices - they are absurd - but I believe they will eventually come down, because this disastrous administration will get booted. If you can hold the line and not buy a full electric, I know many of us would thank you! They are purposely pushing up gas prices to force us all into EVs...and at least speaking for myself, I don't like being forced by the govt. Just my 2 cents of course!

I am not insensitive to gas prices - they are absurd - but I believe they will eventually come down, because this disastrous administration will get booted. If you can hold the line and not buy a full electric, I know many of us would thank you! They are purposely pushing up gas prices to force us all into EVs...and at least speaking for myself, I don't like being forced by the govt. Just my 2 cents of course!
Whats mind boggling to me is the sudden shift to EV(the shit they tried to make in the 90's doesn't count). IMO our current infrastructure and general driving habits can't support widespread EV right now. It would be like giving everyone a gasoline powered car in the 1800's and tell everyone to have fun....

Customer: Oh sweet a mode of transportation that I can go over 300 miles on in record time....where do I fill up at?
EV Supporter: Um..........

Whats mind boggling to me is the sudden shift to EV(the shit they tried to make in the 90's doesn't count). IMO our current infrastructure and general driving habits can't support widespread EV right now. It would be like giving everyone a gasoline powered car in the 1800's and tell everyone to have fun....

Customer: Oh sweet a mode of transportation that I can go over 300 miles on in record time....where do I fill up at?
EV Supporter: Um..........
Well we were all told that if gas is too expensive we should go buy an electric car. No surprise they have no plan to support it.

We don't get political here, but I don't think you can blame this admin for everything, though the other side will. Since the "other" party has all the answers, have at it. Remember, it all started with "4 or 5 cases and we have it under control and it will quickly go away". Uh huh. Oh, and then there's Ukraine. Dang, look what you made me do! Sorry everyone.

I'm just going to drop this here...

Attachments

• 275303287_10220915564018129_3800414196160196769_n.jpg
    275303287_10220915564018129_3800414196160196769_n.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 73
Well, factually, that's wrong. National gas prices ranged from $1.84 to $2.55 when Orange Man was in. Still cheap, yes. Not going to argue facts or fiction (especially here), but there is a boat load of reasons why gas, and everything else, is high.

We don't get political here, but I don't think you can blame this admin for everything, though the other side will. Since the "other" party has all the answers, have at it. Remember, it all started with "4 or 5 cases and we have it under control and it will quickly go away". Uh huh. Oh, and then there's Ukraine. Dang, look what you made me do! Sorry everyone.
Not everything - but almost everything LOL

Well, factually, that's wrong. National gas prices ranged from $1.84 to $2.55 when Orange Man was in. Still cheap, yes. Not going to argue facts or fiction (especially here), but there is a boat load of reasons why gas, and everything else, is high.
I'm just messing with you brother! As you said we don't really need to talk politics here... We both have something in common and that's cars, rock on!

Sorry I can't help but argue this, no politics aside. The current admin has a goal to remove ICE's completely. Shutting down pipelines didn't help our gas price either. Ignoring the politics of this issue is playing naive. Those here who consider themselves car people should be pissed. When they can no longer buy a gas burner, don't bitch about it. The majority of us driving a BW are going to complain about gas price but will continue to buy it assuming you have the means. If you don't, the BW probably wasn't affordable to begin with. The other party you speak of had answers but the current group has no interest. They also don't have a majority at the moment. Give that a few more months. Heck just ask them and they will tell you everything is working as planned and going great. Their heads are so far up their ass.

This is why I really like this forum. We all let politics go. We don't discuss it. It's VERY refreshing. I've been on other forums and websites, and the politics is painful and SO out of control you can't even go on them.

Sorry I can't help but argue this, no politics aside. The current admin has a goal to remove ICE's completely. Shutting down pipelines didn't help our gas price either. Ignoring the politics of this issue is playing naive. Those here who consider themselves car people should be pissed. When they can no longer buy a gas burner, don't bitch about it. The majority of us driving a BW are going to complain about gas price but will continue to buy it assuming you have the means. If you don't, the BW probably wasn't affordable to begin with. The other party you speak of had answers but the current group has no interest. They also don't have a majority at the moment. Give that a few more months. Heck just ask them and they will tell you everything is working as planned and going great. Their heads are so far up their ass.
I'm just saying, if you don't like what going on, you don't agree, vote him, her, them, they out. That's what our fore fathers died for. But please remember, whoever the next guy is, he, she, them, they truly will be no better. The other side, regardless of what side that is, always has the answers and knows better. Ask the goats, the grass is always greener.

No further comments from me either way, and I apologize to all. I don't want this forum to turn into craziness and insanity. I enjoy everyone here, and enjoy hanging out here. Let's go get a drink!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back