Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wheel Alignment - Review and tips

Resurrecting this thread. I got track alignment at a race shop earlier this yr, my oem ps4s went on day 2, got v730s and the fronts corded on the outsides on day 2 as well which was unacceptable. Not sure if alignment got knocked out, I was over driving, pressures were wrong (35-36 hot) or what, but questions are:

1) What is the max possible camber you can get with stock suspension maxing out both knuckle and strut adjustment (assuming you can do both together)? I want to be better educated next time I take car to shop

2) Any ideas on which camber plates work well with ct4vbw? I have never modded suspension on cars before so a bit of noob. I just don’t want to kill endurance tires in 2 days (run in advanced group)

Do y
Resurrecting this thread. I got track alignment at a race shop earlier this yr, my oem ps4s went on day 2, got v730s and the fronts corded on the outsides on day 2 as well which was unacceptable. Not sure if alignment got knocked out, I was over driving, pressures were wrong (35-36 hot) or what, but questions are:

1) What is the max possible camber you can get with stock suspension maxing out both knuckle and strut adjustment (assuming you can do both together)? I want to be better educated next time I take car to shop

2) Any ideas on which camber plates work well with ct4vbw? I have never modded suspension on cars before so a bit of noob. I just don’t want to kill endurance tires in 2 days (run in advanced group)
Do you have a picture with your alignment specs? Which track are you driving on? At what level group are you driving? Do you know your lap time? At what traction / stability level setting are you driving?

35 hot with the stock tiers is a good target.
If your alignment is ok, the. It could be a combination of the track and not ideal driving style. If your alignment is not ok the it’s another story.
4BW can get a max of 2.5 neg in the front with stock suspension.
I have 3 days at VIR and 2 days at Summit point. My fronts should have about 2-3 more days in them. Neg 2 in the front.

Do y

Do you have a picture with your alignment specs? Which track are you driving on? At what level group are you driving? Do you know your lap time? At what traction / stability level setting are you driving?

35 hot with the stock tiers is a good target.
If your alignment is ok, the. It could be a combination of the track and not ideal driving style. If your alignment is not ok the it’s another story.
4BW can get a max of 2.5 neg in the front with stock suspension.
I have 3 days at VIR and 2 days at Summit point. My fronts should have about 2-3 more days in them. Neg 2 in the front.
I can’t find the printout but they were precisely what the manual has for track both on camber (-2.4 fronts; -1.8 rear) and toe (0.1 total toe in f/r if I remember right). And specs were balanced / even on both sides. Obviously there is a possibility alignment got knocked out of spec.

MSR-Houston. Advance group. Running 1.47s consistently with kumho v730 (which I think is relatively quick). 1.51s with ps4s. SRF and SR11 pads upfront (per your other thread / rec). Stock pads rear. Using Sport performance traction system. I may need to start with higher pressures (low 30s and bleed).

Front v730 lasted about 3 gas tanks. Both sides were showing cords.

You get to max 2.5 with -2 on knuckle and -0.5 more doing strut tower per manual, right?

Attachments

• IMG_7373.jpeg
    IMG_7373.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7372.jpeg
    IMG_7372.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7371.jpeg
    IMG_7371.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
I can’t find the printout but they were precisely what the manual has for track both on camber (-2.4 fronts; -1.8 rear) and toe (0.1 total toe in f/r if I remember right). And specs were balanced / even on both sides. Obviously there is a possibility alignment got knocked out of spec.

MSR-Houston. Advance group. Running 1.47s consistently with kumho v730 (which I think is relatively quick). 1.51s with ps4s. SRF and SR11 pads upfront (per your other thread / rec). Stock pads rear. Using Sport performance traction system. I may need to start with higher pressures (low 30s and bleed).

Front v730 lasted about 3 gas tanks. Both sides were showing cords.

You get to max 2.5 with -2 on knuckle and -0.5 more doing strut tower per manual, right?
Knocking that pin at the strut tower only adds 0.1-0.2 front camber.

Your pics show some serious wear after not too many runs.
I’m am not a tier pro, but either your toe at the front is messed up or you are pinching your turns too much and produce too much understeer that chunks the fronts.
Are you trail breaking? If not, it’s something that could help with rotation and reducing understeer.
A typical wear when you don’t have enough camber is cording the tier right at the outer shoulder. Your wear is more to the inside.
One more point to think about- track is counter clockwise , which would make me think the only one side should take a beating. Since both tiers are dead, it makes me lean again towards bad Toe or driving style.

Last edited:
4 Track days, -2.5 camber toe 0, very aggressive driving, tires flipped + run backwards.

These are heavy cars and some tire compounds are more sensitive to the weight.
1000006823.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners