Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What to get after blackwing? <55K USD

Cadillac CT4-V model
I hear you but the charm of those cars is that you can wring them out a bit more on the street without risking your license. We have to shut the party down pretty quick on our 4BWs. The happiest group of drivers always seem to be on the Miata forum.
My previous car was a Hyundai Veloster N, and I can assure you ^that is the case. I've never understood the desire for horsepower above a useable level for cars driven outside of a track.

I like to revisit this article occasionally, because a) it's so well written, b) the photos and scenery are stunning, and c) IMO it captures the sentiment of what you're saying so well:

New Supra wirh a manual. Toyota really dialed them in. Latest lightning lap had them lapping the same as a few year old r35 gtr

They are fairly light by modern standards 3300lb. Extremely well balanced. The b58 is a gem. The 6 speed is pretty good as well.

They are so good that they dominate the f80 m3 competitions on road courses.

Another option is a lotus evora.

Lexus RCF could be an option if you want something a little different and with a great character V8. Also should be good on the reliability and depreciation side.
Don't forget the terrible automatic transmission that makes it painful to drive. Unacceptable for someone with your screen name ("savethemanual"). Will probably hold its value well, though, I agree, due to that V8 that they won't keep around for much longer.

Like the Toyota corolla whatever it is GS something 50k+ lol
GR Corolla, something like $40k (markups are going away if you look around) for the mid-level "Premium" trim. An absolute joy to drive. Very quick, real-world fast. Better ergonomics (except the seat, Toyota's seats suck) and space than my 5BW. Also, *much* better technology on the Toyota (lane centering, adaptive cruise, etc.) than on the Cadillac. Shame on GM choosing not to include that on Blackwings.

Expensive and a step down in power. The Miata, 86 twins are too slow for me now.
My daughter has a GR 86 and I love driving it as well. Tremendous fun, despite the perceived lack of power. Understand not your target with this purchase, but don't knock it.

MK8 Golf R hands down

Edit: just saw you vetoed it earlier in the discussion :/
Doesn’t really fit any of the criterion and will be a downgrade from the blackwing.

It makes great sense as a 1 car solution to do it all though.

Have you considered a new Bronco 2dr with the manual? Total left field choice but the Broncos are just plain fun to drive (in ways that Jeeps never seem to be for me). Plus, you can go anywhere, any time, in any weather which is a nice quality.

Have you considered a new Bronco 2dr with the manual? Total left field choice but the Broncos are just plain fun to drive (in ways that Jeeps never seem to be for me). Plus, you can go anywhere, any time, in any weather which is a nice quality.
I have an explicable love for the bronco raptor. Definitely not my kind of car but something about it hits just right.

The BRaptors are not selling here in Texas. Big discounts but still roughly 90k so way more than you are thinking.

A really nice 2 door Badlands with the 7sp manual is in your budget easily. I haven't driven any manual or 2 door Broncos but the 4 doors are pretty fun, which suprised me.

The BRaptors are not selling here in Texas. Big discounts but still roughly 90k so way more than you are thinking.

A really nice 2 door Badlands with the 7sp manual is in your budget easily. I haven't driven any manual or 2 door Broncos but the 4 doors are pretty fun, which suprised me.

+1 to the Bronco. Go test drive one at least, just for fun. I've owned a 2-dr Bronco, manual transmission, Black Diamond trim level (didn't see any need for Badlands in my case) for a few years now. Love it, Ford got a lot right in the design (we'll see about reliability). Drove it from California to Atlanta (via several national parks), have done 800+ mile days in it, super comfortable. Although one of my daughters "stole" it for a while!

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners