Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

WHAT to do!? Need a few opinions....

False advertisement…. You should be entitled to a full refund but that would mean returning the car

Can we just get an idea of how much over MSRP he paid so we can say that’s worth going to war for or nah others have paid that for non collectorss cars as well lol?

"First 250" is way too misleading.

There was a collectors package, limited to 250 MT 5BWs, 250 AT 5BWs, 250 MT 4BWs, and 250 AT 4BWs. 1000 cars.

The collectors package did not guarantee the car was one of the first ones off the line. My 5BW is number 180, because I ordered the day after pre-orders opened, and was too dense to think "there's probably a waitlist." So I got an early run, non-collector package car. There were collector package cars produced after mine, probably due to CF seatback constraints or other goat herding weirdness.

S

There was a collectors package, limited to 250 MT 5BWs, 250 AT 5BWs, 250 MT 4BWs, and 250 AT 4BWs. 1000 cars.

The collectors package did not guarantee the car was one of the first ones off the line. My 5BW is number 180, because I ordered the day after pre-orders opened, and was too dense to think "there's probably a waitlist." So I got an early run, non-collector package car. There were collector package cars produced after mine, probably due to CF seatback constraints or other goat herding weirdness.
I’m not sure that it was an even distribution between transmission types.

This is not correct and the reason for confusion for people not in the know...... There were only 250 5's and 250 4's in the "Collector Series"..... Google is your friend.

As far as pushing it up the "ladder" at Cadillac, if Cadillacs order update process to it's customers is any indication, I think the dealer is fairly confident that they have nothing to worry about.

It's a mass produced car, albeit a limited one, the first "250" was fluff imo......50 years from now the first 250 isn't going to be looked at like a Yenko or something.

If the first 250 is "fluff" why even make them because they are nothing special?? I don't understand the "hate" on the FIRST Blackwings built....

If the first 250 is "fluff" why even make them because they are nothing special?? I don't understand the "hate" on the FIRST Blackwings built....
At the risk of stating the obvious, because people will pay for them. It's like the $99 "collectors edition" of a video game.

I think the net, net is this:

1--If it doesn't have the signed door sill plate, and the "collector series" plate on the driver's door jamb, it's not a "collector series".

2--if you signed paper work and took delivery of the car; i.e.; it's "over the curb", the dealer will not do anything for you. Deal done.

Sadly, this goes back to buyer beware. We've all been burnt on something. Drive it, enjoy it, have fun with it, and forget it.

Drive it, enjoy it, have fun with it, and forget it.
Cheers to that.

~5800rpm will make you forget all about any decorative name plate.

I have them, and the biggest enjoyment I get out of it is knowing that someone who helped work on the car is on my door sill. (Shoutout to Gary Wilkins!) On top of that, $20 says that every person who's named on a door sill would much rather you have a Blackwing than not have a Blackwing. "Limited edition" or otherwise.

You are conflating "hate" with "indifference". There's going to be some sort of "special" car every year it seems, so just because one doesn't think it's super special doesn't mean they hate it.

I quit on finding how much over MSRP he paid. It’s it’s like 5-10k I would say that’s normal. If this guy paid 15-20k over, I would tell him to probably camp out in front of that dealer. But I’d also unfortunately like to add that doing your HW is key w this stuff. I paid MSRP at 81.7k for my car and it’s a non collectors edition. I could have had a collector edition in the same spec for 85k and I decided I’d rather spend the difference on PPF and stuff. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You are conflating "hate" with "indifference". There's going to be some sort of "special" car every year it seems, so just because one doesn't think it's super special doesn't mean they hate it.
Ok, there may be a "special" car every year, but some of us had the original "Collector Series" and IMHO makes it special...... There is just something about this topic that chaps my ass 3 ways to Sunday!

Ok, there may be a "special" car every year, but some of us had the original "Collector Series" and IMHO makes it special...... There is just something about this topic that chaps my ass 3 ways to Sunday!
I'm with you on that. My 5 is my collector series and special to me, and my 4 is not and is my daily driver. Hell, I have an opportunity to get the BW5 120 anniversary Edition and I'm thinking about it. Problem is, where to put it and find time to drive it. LOL o_O

I'm not hating on the first 250, i would have loved to have a 250, not because its "special", but to have a car. Take the 250 car to Carmax and the 251st and see if there is a difference in value.

I'm with you on that. My 5 is my collector series and special to me, and my 4 is not and is my daily driver. Hell, I have an opportunity to get the BW5 120 anniversary Edition and I'm thinking about it. Problem is, where to put it and find time to drive it. LOL o_O
Man, If I were you (not knowing all the details on a 120) and had a chance on a 120, I think I'd do it. Especially when you have the opportunity to sell your 5 here at a decent (not dealer stupid) price. Can I call dibs now?

Thank you all for your thoughts, I really do appreciate them. I agree with the vast majority of your comments. I absolutely love the car and have zero desire to blow up the deal. I bought this car to drive the shit out of and when my kids get in and say "I love this car Daddy" the lack of the sill plates and plaque matter not. In the end, I HAVE the car, its mine and I drove it today :) However, I'm with Tall Steve in that something about this just really chaps my ass!

I'm happy to put the selling price out there so you guys know where the market is....They were asking $20K over and that is likely why they still had it sitting there for 3 months. I paid a $4K over and it has Carbon1, so there's that. The dealer has not followed up with any news from their Rep, i'll update the post when I hear back.

Thank you all for your thoughts, I really do appreciate them. I agree with the vast majority of your comments. I absolutely love the car and have zero desire to blow up the deal. I bought this car to drive the shit out of and when my kids get in and say "I love this car Daddy" the lack of the sill plates and plaque matter not. In the end, I HAVE the car, its mine and I drove it today :) However, I'm with Tall Steve in that something about this just really chaps my ass!

I'm happy to put the selling price out there so you guys know where the market is....They were asking $20K over and that is likely why they still had it sitting there for 3 months. I paid a $4K over and it has Carbon1, so there's that. The dealer has not followed up with any news from their Rep, i'll update the post when I hear back.
Yeah, you're not going to hear back. Don't expect the dealership to refund any money on their own. That being said, they did misrepresent the car to you both verbally before the sale and in writing after the sale, and that is definitely actionable. Since the truth is on your side (your car is NOT one of the first 250) I would bet a strongly worded letter to the dealership owner from an attorney would tilt things in your favor considerably.

Yeah, you're not going to hear back. Don't expect the dealership to refund any money on their own. That being said, they did misrepresent the car to you both verbally before the sale and in writing after the sale, and that is definitely actionable. Since the truth is on your side (your car is NOT one of the first 250) I would bet a strongly worded letter to the dealership owner from an attorney would tilt things in your favor considerably.
In his favor how? These cars are bringing 15-20k over sticker, if I was his dealer I'd tell him to bring the car back and I'd refund the money(minus mileage) and sell it to someone else for 15k over instead of 4k......

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back