Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What is it worth?

About half the posts on the facebook groups seem to be of either dealers looking to move cars or people "considering" to sell their car after a year of ownership. I find it that Americans are so concerned with resale value many of them are trying to cash out before they get bit too much by depreciation. Whatever happened to enjoying the car for what it is and accepting that any new car is going to depreciate like crazy now that supply chain issues are resolved? I got mine for MSRP and am just happy I wasn't ripped off by dealer markups from Honda or Toyota for their manual variants.

Anyway, I'm not knocking on the OP it seems like he is making a choice that makes sense in his stage of life. I detail my car each week (it's wrapped and ceramic coated) and it takes about 30 minutes just the exterior using no water. I use Adam's waterless/rinseless and just regular Windex for the windows. It's parked outside so I understand the hassle if you want a spotless car all the time sometimes it's not worth the hassle unless you just enjoy washing your car, which I do.

I cant stand driving a dirty car so I'm one of those guys that "waste" time washing it and not enjoying it.... I wash the car not wash at it..... Even with ceramic coating (car & wheels) it takes time to do it right IMHO....
IMG_6107.jpg

FDFA9981-170E-4A9A-B162-1D3C46993D3B.JPG

Last edited:
** Go on galves.com and you will get the best book value on what the car is worth. I believe you have to pay for the access, just a few bucks. They take nationwide auction sales figures.
Is there a consumer product?

I went to the site and it seems that it's only geared toward dealers and required sending an inquiry to get pricing after they verify your business.

I'm not sure if things have changed since I used it last year. Call the number and see if they will take an access payment over the phone. It wasn't alot of money for a few days access. Dealerships may have put some heat on them because people had a better idea of what their cars were worth and it pissed off the dealers.

I know a guy from local car shows. He tells me that he has a 2022 CT5V-BW white/automatic with almost every option. It has 300 miles on it and he is looking to get rid of it. Had it a year and NEVER really drives it. He wants to get $125k at least out of it. Dealers are low balling him on a trade in value.
** Go on galves.com and you will get the best book value on what the car is worth. I believe you have to pay for the access, just a few bucks. They take nationwide auction sales figures.
125k!?! I guess as they say there is an ass for every seat.

Visited Carmax in Knoxville Tennessee today. Was feeling pretty sure of myself and already decided if they offered me more than $86K I would sell them the car.
Their offer was $75K. I thanked the admin person for a nice conversation while we waited for the appraisal then left.

Visited Carmax in Knoxville Tennessee today. Was feeling pretty sure of myself and already decided if they offered me more than $86K I would sell them the car.
Their offer was $75K. I thanked the admin person for a nice conversation while we waited for the appraisal then left.
carvana/vroom/shift etc?

Just feeling my age (70) and getting tired of keeping it detailed once or twice a week. I Feel like it’s time to cash out while I’m still lucky.
Some of you older guys might understand how I am feeling.
Screenshot_20230810_160050_Chrome.jpg

Bring a trailer is not the authority of all sales but it's a strong indicator of the market. The autos don't really sell, even the 6spds have trouble selling even at $10 to $15k under MSRP.

I don't know the real reason you are selling it. I am not an expert by any means but I can say with confidence that if you sell your car now and within the next year you will lose big time, thousands,10k or maybe twice that, so much so that you'll wish you paid someone to wash it.

You bought high at MSRP, at that time it was a great deal, a deal for someone who planned to keep it for 5 to 10 years, but now is not the time to sell. You need to ride that horse through the fire. I feel for you, you order a car sight unseen, it's 100k so you expect it to be comfortable but it's wearing on you or it doesn't fit your lifestyle.

Honestly, if it were me I would keep the car and buy something else you like at a conservative price until the market rotates in your favor. Drive it once a week for a few rips and in a few years when they stop making them the value may go up. The v2 and v3 cts-v seem to hold their values well now.

Sorry you have to go through this.

View attachment 21068

Bring a trailer is not the authority of all sales but it's a strong indicator of the market. The autos don't really sell, even the 6spds have trouble selling even at $10 to $15k under MSRP.

I don't know the real reason you are selling it. I am not an expert by any means but I can say with confidence that if you sell your car now and within the next year you will lose big time, thousands,10k or maybe twice that, so much so that you'll wish you paid someone to wash it.

You bought high at MSRP, at that time it was a great deal, a deal for someone who planned to keep it for 5 to 10 years, but now is not the time to sell. You need to ride that horse through the fire. I feel for you, you order a car sight unseen, it's 100k so you expect it to be comfortable but it's wearing on you or it doesn't fit your lifestyle.

Honestly, if it were me I would keep the car and buy something else you like at a conservative price until the market rotates in your favor. Drive it once a week for a few rips and in a few years when they stop making them the value may go up. The v2 and v3 cts-v seem to hold their values well now.

Sorry you have to go through this.
Not going through anything traumatic, lol. No need to feel sorry for me.
Just have an itch for something new. I don’t need to sell nor feel forced to as the car does not have a lien.

Price increase from 22 to 24 is (if memory serves) just a hair over $10k (including the stealth $2100 guzzler increase for 24). I'd say ask 22 MSRP and see what happens. Anyone looking for a 24 would save $10k buying yours. I'd buy used for 10k less and to avoid the goat rodeo - but only if it had the options I wanted

just realized you’re in TN - are you a V-Club member?

Price increase from 22 to 24 is (if memory serves) just a hair over $10k (including the stealth $2100 guzzler increase for 24). I'd say ask 22 MSRP and see what happens. Anyone looking for a 24 would save $10k buying yours. I'd buy used for 10k less and to avoid the goat rodeo - but only if it had the options I wanted

Sounds easier said then done. A 22 for MSRP is still a hard sell because 2 years of warranty down the drain, no driving school, and the interest rates of a used car. I guess on the contrary there are some tax savings buying private party vs. a dealer.

I use to be a huge supporter of the V-Club but I'm a little disappointed now....
I’m trying to get a TN group off the ground - currently only able to be regional for DC or Atlanta

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back