Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What Features/Options Do You Wish the 4 and 5 Had, But Doesn't?

Now if I could only be able to download the owner's manual, we could find out for sure. :mad:

If anyone has managed to d/l the CT5-V BW owners manual, would you mind sending me a PM as I'd like a copy of it. Though given there is probably interest by most 5BW owners on here, a dropbox or Google docs link might be better. 😁
Jwolf99:
I did a chat with Cadillac on 7/29. Spoke to Rayvon. According to him, the CT5-V Blackwing manual is not available electronically yet. He did not know when it would be available. One would presume that the cars are coming with an owner's manual. And, one would assume that the printed manual was produced from an electronic file. So, why can't we have the file? Doesn't make sense to me.

D54A3D50-4FB4-4412-9312-8195DD5091F3.jpeg

This reminded me of you guys talking about your wives lol

OK, I'll chime in here:

1.) I wish they made these in a 2-door coupe, like the second generation CTS-V's
2.) I wish that a Pearl White paint option was available . . . all my other recently ordred vehicles were that color, including my 2019 F250, my 2019 Jeep TrackHawk and my 2021 Durango Hellcat, not to mention my 2018 Harley FXLR Low Rider . . .

Similar to why the Camaros have with the ambient lighting and what not? Curious about that too.
Yes. A lot of cars have that nowadays.

I just noticed on distribution updates 8-2-21 we will have 16 speakers instead of 15 for AKG premium system.

I just noticed on distribution updates 8-2-21 we will have 16 speakers instead of 15 for AKG premium system.
Back in the days we used to have only two speakers and they sounded better than the OEM trash they put in cars nowadays.
With that said, I really hope that since Cadillac has been advertising it as one it a premium features it at least sounds decent.

New colors ???
Exterior
Solid Paint​
NEW! Dark Emerald FrostG7WWA-620G
A​
A​
Satin Steel MetallicG9KWA-464C
A​
A​
A​
Summit WhiteGAZWA-8624
A​
A​
A​
Black RavenGBAWA-8555
A​
A​
A​
NEW! Blaze Orange MetallicGCFWA-626G
A​
A​
A​
Shadow MetallicGJIWA-626D
A​
A​
A​
Wave MetallicGKKWA-627D
A​
A​
A​
NEW! Electric BlueGMOWA-632D
A​
A​
A​
Rift MetallicGRWWA-249F
A​
A​
A​
Infrared TintcoatGSKWA-252F
A​
A​
A​
1 - With Twenty-Two Carbon Fiber trim.
2 - With Twenty-Two Carbon Fiber trim. Includes (IWE) Sueded Microfiber Wrapped Interior Trim Package.
3 - With Twenty-Two Carbon Fiber trim. Includes (71B) Natural Tan seat belt color and (IWE) Sueded Microfiber Wrapped Interior Trim Package.
4 - Available at extra charge. Late and

Oops, I was looking at an old color selection page then saw this and thought it was new.

I've been talking to my wife in anticipation of the arrival. "Do you know how much carbon replacement parts are? You know the exit from the supermarket where you scrape every time; you're going to have to avoid it." HELP! 🤣
-1 and counting... :hb

Ref: BW5
1. Adaptive cruise on the manual. That is about the only driver aid I have come to love.
2. B-pillar vents. No excuse on a car this expensive. We go on dinner trips with my sister and brother-in-law and rear passenger comfort is important.
3. Rear passenger fan and temperature controls. See #2. My S6 has both #2 and #3 and was less expensive (yes, and slightly slower, isn't a manual and doesn't handle as well).
4. Volume control on the console along with the one on the dash and wheel. My Audi S4 6mt had that and the wife appreciated her ability to turn it down. :)

I anticipate all that being irrelevant once I get the car!!

AWD that was able to switch to RWD at the touch of a button (screen). Yeah yeah, I know RWD is faster around the track etc etc but it would be nice to have AWD for 1/4 mi runs then switch it off when you want to hang the tail out.

I understand why it’s not offered on the BWs but since you asked…

Now that orders are in, cars are being built, and are just sitting in a parking lot somewhere,

What are some features/options that the two models DON'T have, but that you wish it did? Not stuff it does have that you were too cheap to pay for lol, but rather some nice-to-haves you can't get at all on your chosen model/configuration?

For me?

I'd like to see adaptive cruise control on the manual cars.

I know this sounds odd. And it is. But, I had a 2018 Tacoma with the manual and it had adaptive cruise control. It worked just like it would in an automatic car sans shifting. I found that the vast majority of the time the truck didn't need to shift to speed up/resume a set speed. If traffic slowed beyond a certain threshold, it would disengage the system and alert you to take over. If traffic slowed REALLY fast, it would actually lug the engine requiring quick clutch footwork.

The LT4 has enough low-end grunt even in 6th gear to really not need to downshift when using cruise control if you are just using the system casually.
It would have been nice if they offered the rear sunshade on the back glass and rear door glasses , I had them on my 3rd generation V .

It would have been nice if they offered the rear sunshade on the back glass and rear door glasses , I had them on my 3rd generation V .
Yes the rear sunshade would have been nice along rear door sunshades like in my Vsport.

Yes the rear sunshade would have been nice along rear door sunshades like in my Vsport.
This is actually not a bad idea for its own thread. What options/features did the CTS-V3 have that are no longer included in the Blackwing. I guess we can keep it contained here for now.

So far we have:

Rear climate controls/rear vents
Sunshades

Feel free to add to the list.

A passenger side wiper blade that you can flip up and have it stay off of the windshield for easy cleaning like you can do with the driver side wiper blade. Come on Cadillac!!! Is that really that hard to engineer? 🤷‍♂️

Sorry, I am particular about cleaning my windshield. I guess that's more appropriate for list of nits thread.

A passenger side wiper blade that you can flip up and have it stay off of the windshield for easy cleaning like you can do with the driver side wiper blade. Come on Cadillac!!! Is that really that hard to engineer? 🤷‍♂️

Sorry, I am particular about cleaning my windshield. I guess that's more appropriate for list of nits thread.
Is the 5 that way? The 4 isn’t.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners