Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What Features/Options Do You Wish the 4 and 5 Had, But Doesn't?

AbsurdBuffalo

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Now that orders are in, cars are being built, and are just sitting in a parking lot somewhere,

What are some features/options that the two models DON'T have, but that you wish it did? Not stuff it does have that you were too cheap to pay for lol, but rather some nice-to-haves you can't get at all on your chosen model/configuration?

For me?

I'd like to see adaptive cruise control on the manual cars.

I know this sounds odd. And it is. But, I had a 2018 Tacoma with the manual and it had adaptive cruise control. It worked just like it would in an automatic car sans shifting. I found that the vast majority of the time the truck didn't need to shift to speed up/resume a set speed. If traffic slowed beyond a certain threshold, it would disengage the system and alert you to take over. If traffic slowed REALLY fast, it would actually lug the engine requiring quick clutch footwork.

The LT4 has enough low-end grunt even in 6th gear to really not need to downshift when using cruise control if you are just using the system casually.

Carbon seat backs on the 4.

I feel the same way. If lower end cars have it that's just them trying to push people to pay the higher price for the auto honestly.

I'll one up your sentiment and say I wanted to see Super Cruise on the 5s, even the manuals. I know that it's a ridiculous amount of extra programming to make it work and they would never recoup the costs for the small number of cars, but a flagship is a flagship - right?

I'll one up your sentiment and say I wanted to see Super Cruise on the 5s, even the manuals. I know that it's a ridiculous amount of extra programming to make it work and they would never recoup the costs for the small number of cars, but a flagship is a flagship - right?

Super Cruise would have been cool. The downside to it though is unless you live in California or anywhere from the midwest to east coast, it's kinda useless. It's useless for those of us that live in potato country.

My Golf R has adaptive cruise control with a manual, works just fine. Like you said, it just can't shift and won't bring the car to a complete stop. It really shouldn't be that hard to implement.

I wish the 4 had folding mirrors and top-view cameras, and came with the head-up display as standard equipment.

360 camera in CT4. I don't see a reason why it's on 5 and not 4. Similarly, at least an option for CF or full leather seat backs on CT4. I hate the fact that you are forced to get Alcantera back with the upgraded seats which I'm sure will become yucky with use.

My Golf R has adaptive cruise control with a manual, works just fine. Like you said, it just can't shift and won't bring the car to a complete stop. It really shouldn't be that hard to implement.

I wish the 4 had folding mirrors and top-view cameras, and came with the head-up display as standard equipment.
I have a Golf R as well, and while the adaptive cruise is nice, sometimes I wish I could toggle to regular old cruise control like I can on my Honda Civic. Although, even the Civic puts the brakes on in regular cruise control going down hill. I miss old old school cruise control.

Remote start (from my phone) in a manual would be nice.
Does that even exist with any manufacturer? Too much liability with a manual.

When equipped with manual transmission, "Remote Start" button is replaced with "Remote Stall" button
“Remote Crash” button! 😂

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners