Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What Features/Options Do You Wish the 4 and 5 Had, But Doesn't?

Remote start (from my phone) in a manual would be nice. Having the PDR act as a dash cam always recording would be nice too. Who knows, maybe the new one does.
I would love to have a remote start on the manual. Get to hear the exhaust from outside the car, scare people occasionally, and being able to cool the car down here in AZ a few mins early would be nice.

Valet key/mode. Limit HP when leaving car with parking attendants, for sure, but much more necessary for when my kids borrow the car. 🤣

Valet key/mode. Limit HP when leaving car with parking attendants, for sure, but much more necessary for when my kids borrow the car. 🤣
I just wish that my kids would stop using the word “OUR” when referring to it. 😂

I definitely thought there was a valet mode for the car…

Pretty sure there is... It has Teen Driver Mode, so worst case I guess you could just designate the valet as a teen driver ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now if I could only be able to download the owner's manual, we could find out for sure. :mad:

If anyone has managed to d/l the CT5-V BW owners manual, would you mind sending me a PM as I'd like a copy of it. Though given there is probably interest by most 5BW owners on here, a dropbox or Google docs link might be better. 😁

I'd never let my kids borrow my BW lol, make sure they are always aware of that splitter let alone HP.
I never let my wife drive my ATS-V or Camaro just because I've never seen her dodge a pothole in her life.

haha. this is the story of my life. My son's whole social media presence is based on 'our' cars and what's coming to 'our' garage and so on.

I don't hate it though. I love his passion and that it keeps us connected.
He does like "his/your" SS....... Did he ever sell his Camaro?

I know you can buy it aftermarket. You'd just have to keep the car on neutral when you park if your going to use it
I may look into this. Haven’t had a manual since I wrecked my GTO 7ish years ago.

Now if I could only be able to download the owner's manual, we could find out for sure. :mad:

If anyone has managed to d/l the CT5-V BW owners manual, would you mind sending me a PM as I'd like a copy of it. Though given there is probably interest by most 5BW owners on here, a dropbox or Google docs link might be better. 😁
It should be listed on whatever that big ol list is that has standard features, options, etc

He does like "his/your" SS....... Did he ever sell his Camaro?
He did. Sold it locally about 2 months ago. He's ready to buy the SS, just waiting for the BW so I can work it as a trade-in and save some sales tax on the whole deal.

I'd never let my kids borrow my BW lol, make sure they are always aware of that splitter let alone HP.
I never let my wife drive my ATS-V or Camaro just because I've never seen her dodge a pothole in her life.
I've been talking to my wife in anticipation of the arrival. "Do you know how much carbon replacement parts are? You know the exit from the supermarket where you scrape every time; you're going to have to avoid it." HELP! 🤣

One thing that I have not seen is any type of custom interior lightening. Is it included in Ct4 or 5?

One thing that I have not seen is any type of custom interior lightening. Is it included in Ct4 or 5?
Similar to why the Camaros have with the ambient lighting and what not? Curious about that too.

Got this from the 2021 CT5 owner's manual on valet

Valet Mode
This will lock the infotainment system and steering wheel controls. It may also limit access to vehicle storage locations, if equipped.

To enable valet mode:
1. Enter a four-digit code on the keypad.
2. Touch Enter to go to the confirmation screen.
3. Re-enter the four-digit code.

Touch Lock or Unlock to lock or unlock the system. Touch Back to go back to the previous menu.

Also based on that manual, it seems that GM continues to retain their 1980s interior lighting technology with a single color and simple dimmer switch. Camaro gets color selection but Caddy doesn't? Let's hope for an upgrade for the 2022 MY. 🙄

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back