Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
If you don't have a power trunk on the 5-V its because you optioned it out. The carbon fiber 2 package removes the hands free decklid release.

The only complaint I have is my car doesn't exist yet.

If you don't have a power trunk on the 5-V its because you optioned it out. The carbon fiber 2 package removes the hands free decklid release.

I didn't select any CF for my car. The release for the decklid is power when you select the parking package but there's no option on the CT5 BW for the power decklid closure.

It's not the end of the world for me. It's more of a "first world problem" and it's perhaps the only (small) gripe that I have at the moment. It's truly an amazing car.

It only power hands free opens, doesn't close. So it's good if you are putting something into the trunk that takes both hands. Not as good if you have to take something out of the trunk with both hands and want the trunk closed.

The way to view the CT5 isn't as a 5 series or E class competitor. Those start at 55k vs 37k for the CT5. This is a car that starts at less than a Lexus ES350, which is bascially a dressed up Camry.

In some ways it's great as it is an alpha 2 chassis with great space, wonderful shocks and great LT4 engine, on the other hand it can't really hide its value roots in the interior and parts of the exterior if you look closely. Without the CF2 package all of the exterior panels and trim rearward of the front fender are identical the the CT5 V non blackwing, none of the rear body work is any wider or different. The diffuser and sills are the same, only painted full gloss black on the blackwing. The exhaust tips are the same, only painted gloss black.

I imagine GM is making alot more profit per car than the CTS V3. I think bringing back the manual was product planning genius and changing the name to Blackwing and announcing this was the last ICE car was marketing genius. If it was auto only and called the CTS V (4th gen) with this amount of decontenting and similar price, I think people would have largely dismissed it.

Last edited:
Sadly….. mine does not. If you hop out of that thing with it running and forget the brake you got a runaway blackwing lol
This may be a conscious engineering decision to avoid automatic engagement in the event the brakes and rotors are super hot from tracking sessions. Though given the amount of technology and customization, you would think there would be an option to disable auto-engagement for such events or possible even detect/prevent it based on rotor or brake fluid temperature.

This was mentioned in the other complaint thread very early on. Now that I'm driving mine finally I have the same issue: the blinker lever is too far from the wheel. Also, the reflection on the windshield of white threads in the dash is obnoxious.

I didn't select any CF for my car. The release for the decklid is power when you select the parking package but there's no option on the CT5 BW for the power decklid closure.

It's not the end of the world for me. It's more of a "first world problem" and it's perhaps the only (small) gripe that I have at the moment. It's truly an amazing car.
Your right, you need the parking package, I forgot about that. Doesn't the hands free open by waving your foot and also close by doing it again? Every other Caddy model with hands free does this, the CT5 omitted the hands free close portion?

Your right, you need the parking package, I forgot about that. Doesn't the hands free open by waving your foot and also close by doing it again? Every other Caddy model with hands free does this, the CT5 omitted the hands free close portion?
Correct. No auto close option.

This may be a conscious engineering decision to avoid automatic engagement in the event the brakes and rotors are super hot from tracking sessions. Though given the amount of technology and customization, you would think there would be an option to disable auto-engagement for such events or possible even detect/prevent it based on rotor or brake fluid temperature.
But these things supposedly have smart epb, it senses when the rotors are hot and wont clamp as hard until it cools down. So if its that smart, why not have it set to auto clamp when you turn off the car, specially on manuals?

But these things supposedly have smart epb, it senses when the rotors are hot and wont clamp as hard until it cools down. So if its that smart, why not have it set to auto clamp when you turn off the car, specially on manuals?
Quality Test: What happens if the car shuts off unexpectedly at speed? How do you identify that vs. "when you turn of the car"?

Quality Test: What happens if the car shuts off unexpectedly at speed? How do you identify that vs. "when you turn of the car"?
We could "what if" this to death, I suppose. The car knows it's speed in this case. There are plenty of cars that will set the brake automatically. My Chevy SS did, and I think my VW did, and my Honda does.

At Spring Mountain two weeks ago, the instructors specifically asked the M6 drivers to not engage the parking brake after track sessions to avoid causing issues with the hot brakes resulting in warped rotors. So not sure whether they might have just been over cautious.

I wish I didn’t have to turn the rev match on every time I start the car. I also wish the front parking camera would automatically turn on when going slow forward. I can’t read the symbols for the camera button without my glasses on. Small nits.

I wish I didn’t have to turn the rev match on every time I start the car. I also wish the front parking camera would automatically turn on when going slow forward. I can’t read the symbols for the camera button without my glasses on. Small nits.
i'm sure there is a way to setup a relay that at ignition would simulate pressing the button. just would need to be enough demand for it for someone to start making one or at least enough desire for someone to figure it out themselves as a one off

I wish there was more blower whine or at least an aftermarket solution for a CAI that could remedy this. My buddies Zl1 1LE with Rotofab SCREAMED. Aside from that, the car is perfect. I'm 2500 miles and 2 track days into ownership and I walk away more impressed each time I drive the car. The rev match staying on with your user profile would be cool but I'm so used to turning it on every startup as a result of my previous car (6gen Camaro) that it doesn't bother me.

I wish there was more blower whine or at least an aftermarket solution for a CAI that could remedy this. My buddies Zl1 1LE with Rotofab SCREAMED. Aside from that, the car is perfect. I'm 2500 miles and 2 track days into ownership and I walk away more impressed each time I drive the car. The rev match staying on with your user profile would be cool but I'm so used to turning it on every startup as a result of my previous car (6gen Camaro) that it doesn't bother me.
Change the blower lid

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners