Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
The parking brake button location
I'm with you there. I picked up a 4BW and for manuals, the parking button being on the left side of the dash didnt make sense. Why cant that be on the center console. Hell, I'd trade locations with the traction control button with the parking button.

Only reason I can think of why its there is because thats where they were at on the V3. But all V3s were autos, I never even clicked the parking brake on so didnt really bother me then. I wish they made it auto parking lock when you turn off the car for manuals.

Biggest thing I hate about it is........................ it's been on order since August 2021 !!!

Not that anybody sits there but just knowing the backseat is a downgrade from the V3 (no b-pillar vent, no third zone for HVAC, no power rear or manual side shades)

I was surprised to learn the other night that it doesn’t have adaptive headlights like my V3 did.

I don’t own a BW but I play one on TV. Or something.

Not that anybody sits there but just knowing the backseat is a downgrade from the V3 (no b-pillar vent, no third zone for HVAC, no power rear or manual side shades)

Yeah things like this show that the CT5 is a decidedly down market car compared to the CTS 3rd gen. The CT5 starting price is 37k compared to 47k for the CTS and 48k vs 62k for the CT5 V vs CTS V sport. Unfortunately those savings weren't translated to the top trims as auto to auto starting prices are similar between the BW and CTS V3.

I was surprised to learn the other night that it doesn’t have adaptive headlights like my V3 did.

I don’t own a BW but I play one on TV. Or something.
Adaptive as in side to side movement or auto hi-beams? It has auto high beams and for side to side lighting there is a lower LED that luminates on the lower Vertical LED. So it does have adaptive if you ask me.

1652307295656.png

Last edited:
Really? That's some serious downgrade.

Does it not set itself automagically when you open the door? Or at least set itself on an incline, or when left in neutral?
Sadly….. mine does not. If you hop out of that thing with it running and forget the brake you got a runaway blackwing lol

E parking brake button might be on the left because the foot pedal for the parking brake was on the left.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back