Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What "don't" you like about your BW"?

With the rev match turned on, I get pretty aggressive throttle blips when I shift into neutral. Anyone figure out how to avoid this (other than being a better driver and not using rev match) ?
My 2014 C7 used to do this too, I thought it was just a software bug in the early models so I'm surprised the CT4 is experiencing the same.

That might be similar to the thread discussion here CT4-V Blackwing Manual Transmission Engine Revving

I don't think anyone really had a solution.
Thanks yeah I have similar experiences to that thread as well when just in gear which I attributed to software for anti stall etc.

The blip in neutral I can only attribute to rev match just thinking I'm getting ready for a downshift. I haven't figured out if doing it at lower rev ranges or shifting into N slower helps yet though

I love the infotainment controls on the console and I hardly ever touch my screen....
View attachment 20842

I dig your set-up...as a left-handed shooter I've always struggled w best quick-access placement in any car I've had. In my BW the G43 currently resides in the driver's door pocket, not the easiest to get to in a pinch.

I dig your set-up...as a left-handed shooter I've always struggled w best quick-access placement in any car I've had. In my BW the G43 currently resides in the driver's door pocket, not the easiest to get to in a pinch.
It's a G19 so its small and fits between the seat and console... My G21 not so much, lol.....

How hard it is to stay under the speed limit. It accelerates so smoothly and drives so soft you’ll think you’re doing 70 and look down to see you’re doing 100+
Which is why my speed limiter is set for 80. Which pretty much goes off everytime I merge onto the highway ;-)

Interesting, it has been about nine months since I last drove my ZL1…….I took the 4 BW for a drive tonight and I still feel like whatever tune they did is for the better. I felt the ZL1 was kind of laggy at times, this seems very crisp, smoother and just an overall better experience to me. Will see when I get out of the break in and start driving it hard and see if my thoughts change on it.
My 19 SS w the A10 popped off shifts insanely fast. Coming from the A8 it was mindblowing how fast it shifted. It’s like a pop, pop, pop through the gears.

The A10 in my 4BW it holds the gears almost to redline and scares the shit outta me lol. It doesn’t fire off the shifts the same. It holds them much much longer as opposed to blasting through the gears like a machine gun. Must be very different tunes based off the motors

My 19 SS w the A10 popped off shifts insanely fast. Coming from the A8 it was mindblowing how fast it shifted. It’s like a pop, pop, pop through the gears.

The A10 in my 4BW it holds the gears almost to redline and scares the shit outta me lol. It doesn’t fire off the shifts the same. It holds them much much longer as opposed to blasting through the gears like a machine gun. Must be very different tunes based off the motors
Yeah, definitely tuned differently. It seems odd that they would want to hang up at redline so long, especially in the lower gears. I would think you have plenty of boost built up at 6000 rpm and with tightly spaced gearing you can shift quick and maintain boost. After 6k rpm I can feel it is out of breath.

Yeah, definitely tuned differently. It seems odd that they would want to hang up at redline so long, especially in the lower gears. I would think you have plenty of boost built up at 6000 rpm and with tightly spaced gearing you can shift quick and maintain boost. After 6k rpm I can feel it is out of breath.
Hahahah bingo! Mine has slapped redline so many times I’m worried the thing is gonna blow. I’m hitting like 70 mph in 3rd gear and it’s pulling to redline on each gear. In my Camaro it popped off gears so fast it was amazing lol. That A10 pairs so well with the LT1/4. Fastest shifting trans I’ve experienced up to that point in those cars.

Hahahah bingo! Mine has slapped redline so many times I’m worried the thing is gonna blow. I’m hitting like 70 mph in 3rd gear and it’s pulling to redline on each gear. In my Camaro it popped off gears so fast it was amazing lol. That A10 pairs so well with the LT1/4. Fastest shifting trans I’ve experienced up to that point in those cars.

I wonder why they are tuning it that way. The A10 shifts so fast you would think it should shift at like 5200 rpm in 1st and around 5800 rpm in 2nd and then wind out closer to redline as you build speed and reach the taller gears just like the LT1/LT4.

As you mentioned, this is how the A10 in the LT1/LT4 shifts. Note the shift points.

I really wish it had an old-fashioned handbrake. I hate thinking that when the battery dies I can't get in the trunk for the jumper cables and I can't release the e-brake to roll the car where I need it to go (6MT) .

I really wish it had an old-fashioned handbrake. I hate thinking that when the battery dies I can't get in the trunk for the jumper cables and I can't release the e-brake to roll the car where I need it to go (6MT) .
Yeah, we should be able to access the trunk by folding down the back seat, climb in and pull the "glow-in-the-dark" emergency release lever. Battery is in the trunk as well so we could jump from there or pop the hood and use the remote terminals.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 10.25.05 AM.png

You should be able to use the physical key to manually unlock the door, then let the back seat down to get to the trunk release lever. A pain, but doable. Curious to whether the e-brake will release if there is no power.

That's a scary thought. Lose power and your car rolls away...😧 (scratch that thought, answered above)

The parking brake on my first manual car, a rusted '69 Camaro, was a rock I placed under the driver side front or rear tire. I'd keep the door open and pull up or back and snatch it up as I left.

Can someone explain why the wheel wells have a felt(??) liner instead of a hard plastic?

Sound deadening, impact absorption.

This seems silly until you buy and own and drive a 911, which has nothing there but hard plastic, which means that you hear every pebble, grain of sand and molecule of air hitting the car.

My only gripe so far, and admittedly it's trivial, is that stupid picture of the car in front of me on the instrument panel. I know there's a car in front of me, I can see it. Do you need to remind me?

Note this is not the impending doom flashing lights of the collision warning system (which is too sensitive and paranoid and thinks I'm going to crash all the freakin' time!) but just that little car image near the top of the instrument panel. I remember it from my FIL's XT5 that I despised so severely.

And the turning radius could be better.

And the tiny gas tank.

And the not-so-great stereo system.

And the lack of a standard blind spot monitor (it seems to be part of an option package that I don't have).

And why do I have to reactivate rev-match every time I start the car? I don't recall that on my C7 Corvette, it remembered the last setting. I can (and do) heel and toe, but like to have the car's system on as a backup when I screw it up.

This seems silly until you buy and own and drive a 911, which has nothing there but hard plastic, which means that you hear every pebble, grain of sand and molecule of air hitting the car.

My only gripe so far, and admittedly it's trivial, is that stupid picture of the car in front of me on the instrument panel. I know there's a car in front of me, I can see it. Do you need to remind me? Agreed, not a very useful feature. It is supposed to alert you to your following distance. Green is good, Yellow and Red too close. If you are driving correctly, you are not looking at your dash but rather out the window.

Note this is not the impending doom flashing lights of the collision warning system (which is too sensitive and paranoid and thinks I'm going to crash all the freakin' time!) but just that little car image near the top of the instrument panel. I remember it from my FIL's XT5 that I despised so severely.

And the turning radius could be better. Agreed.

And the tiny gas tank. Agreed.

And the not-so-great stereo system. Supposedly, this is upgraded AKG system over the standard Bose but it is just average. The system in my Tesla Model 3 sounds better.

And the lack of a standard blind spot monitor (it seems to be part of an option package that I don't have). Had it in my Camaro, it was very useful. I don't need it in this car but it would be nice to have.

And why do I have to reactivate rev-match every time I start the car? I don't recall that on my C7 Corvette, it remembered the last setting. I can (and do) heel and toe, but like to have the car's system on as a backup when I screw it up. In my experience Rev match has always been this way. Very annoying to have to enable it every time. There was a post somewhere discussing the reasons/excuses.

Something I haven't seen mentioned before, but my biggest issue with the car after having it a week is what the screen looks like at night, particularly with CarPlay. It doesn't seem like the viewing angles are very good and at night when CarPlay displays in night mode and everything is a darker gray it all looks washed out and color shifted.

And the lack of a standard blind spot monitor (it seems to be part of an option package that I don't have).

RTMOP: It appears that I am, as many have suspected, a moron. The car does have a blind spot monitor (optional on lesser models) it's just that the driver failed to notice the little illuminated yellow symbols until yesterday afternoon.

Doh!

I think it's a testament to just how good these cars are, that almost all of our complaints are directed toward things that do not directly reflect on the actual driving experience. Compare that to, say, the BMW M forum, where there are constant complaints about the steering, the shifter, the clutch, etc. Although rarely do you read a complaint about paint or body panel fitment. Or interior quality. But for most of us, I suspect, it's about the drive.

My only gripe so far, and admittedly it's trivial, is that stupid picture of the car in front of me on the instrument panel. I know there's a car in front of me, I can see it. Do you need to remind me?

And the turning radius could be better.

And the tiny gas tank.

And the not-so-great stereo system.

And why do I have to reactivate rev-match every time I start the car? I don't recall that on my C7 Corvette, it remembered the last setting. I can (and do) heel and toe, but like to have the car's system on as a backup when I screw it up.
I expected you would have and air a laundry list based on your very first posts.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back