Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What "don't" you like about your BW"?

For those with the A10.
M6 don't need that. We are rowing and go vroom, vroom.

top gear shift GIF

Kidding aside, the A10 is great, had one in my ZL1. Just not engaging enough for me in the "fun" car. Also, once you get used to the instant torque of an EV all traditional transmissions feel archaic.

As much as I like the manual in my bw, I have a lexus with an automatic for my daily driver. For simplicity and ease of use in daily driving I prefer the automatic. But there is nothing like having an lt4 at the ready when you want it.

As much as I like the manual in my bw, I have a lexus with an automatic for my daily driver. For simplicity and ease of use in daily driving I prefer the automatic. But there is nothing like having an lt4 at the ready when you want it.
You just summed up why there are barely any manuals left in the industry.

Kidding aside, the A10 is great, had one in my ZL1. Just not engaging enough for me in the "fun" car. Also, once you get used to the instant torque of an EV all traditional transmissions feel archaic.
I had one in my ZL1 as well. I’m not sure why, but I like it better in the 4 BW. It seems crisper and more fun to use the paddles. It is nice to have metal paddles over the cheap plastic ones.

I had one in my ZL1 as well. I’m not sure why, but I like it better in the 4 BW. It seems crisper and more fun to use the paddles. It is nice to have metal paddles over the cheap plastic ones.
The A10 shifts better in the Camaro in my opinion. Fires off shifts super fast. However they tuned it in the 4BW is a bit different. The 4BW holds gears a hell of a lot longer to the point I have to usually use the paddles.

F it, I'm just going to say it!!!! I have both and I like the A10 better......

Another opinion, probably an unpopular one, but having experienced both I actually prefer the M6 in the 4BW more than the 5BW. The M6 in the 4BW has the shorter gearing and with the lighter more agile car it is fun to whip around. The A10 really pairs really well with the 5BW LT4. With all those gears, it rips through the shifts and extracts all the performance from the LT4 by keeping it in boost all the time. The Tremec M6 in the 5BW has really tall gearing. That tall 1st gear requires a bit more finesse, which can get tiring in a daily driver during stop and go. You also need a lot more space to let it stretch its legs. On a road course the LT4 is amazing as you can let it wind out those long gears. Although, with the LT4 you have so much torque you could just drive around in 3rd gear all day. :)

I wish the surround view cameras stayed on at speeds higher than 10mph. It deactivates all the time requiring me to hit the button again when I'm in the tight narrow parking garage at work with hidden curbs everywhere ready to rape my wheels. I could just go less than 10mph but then all the cars behind me lose their shit.

In the BMW it stays activated to 20mph which is enough to get around the parking structure without disengaging.

Can someone explain why the wheel wells have a felt(??) liner instead of a hard plastic?

So I figured out what happened with changing the radio favorites. It doesn’t just cycle through your favorites, it keeps going into the dozens of blank stations. That plus having to touch the button to “activate” the menu and push it again to change one station is dumb. It’s on my dislike list for that and the buttons being in an odd place on the steering wheel IMO. Unnecessarily cumbersome all the way around.

The A10 shifts better in the Camaro in my opinion. Fires off shifts super fast. However they tuned it in the 4BW is a bit different. The 4BW holds gears a hell of a lot longer to the point I have to usually use the paddles.
Interesting, it has been about nine months since I last drove my ZL1…….I took the 4 BW for a drive tonight and I still feel like whatever tune they did is for the better. I felt the ZL1 was kind of laggy at times, this seems very crisp, smoother and just an overall better experience to me. Will see when I get out of the break in and start driving it hard and see if my thoughts change on it.

With the rev match turned on, I get pretty aggressive throttle blips when I shift into neutral. Anyone figure out how to avoid this (other than being a better driver and not using rev match) ?

Turn the stereo up louder. That solves a myriad of car issues.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back