Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What "don't" you like about your BW"?

I have a manual, and I hate that there is no back button for the infotainment system. Would make navigation a lot easier.

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I've been trying to more 'gently' shift into neutral and have seen that make a difference and not cause a blip. I was theorizing that multiple factors such as RPM and maybe even some sort of shifting sensor in the linkage may make the car think you're doing an aggressive downshift vs just going to neutral.
This is my third manual GM vehicle with the rev match and being "gentle" without doing the neutral wiggle is the best way. Also let the RPMs come down a bit. In my ZL1 I end up turning off the rev match when I know it's going to misbehave, but the rev match button is the paddle shifter so it's a lot easier than it is on the BW. With the BW I've been heel/toeing for the most part, but I do like the rev match when I'm feeling lazy, not 100% engaged on driving or wearing boots.

Side note - the BW / ZL1 combo seems to be pretty popular around here.
View attachment IMG_0244.jpeg

I know this is going against the grain…but when I pick stealth “engine noise”, I would like a quiet cold start to sneak out of the house early in the morning without waking up the family.

Now it starts up like an angry race car, then quiets itself down into stealth mode after about 5-10 seconds. Not helpful at 5AM…

I haven’t found a way around this.

I know this is going against the grain…but when I pick stealth “engine noise”, I would like a quiet cold start to sneak out of the house early in the morning without waking up the family.

Now it starts up like an angry race car, then quiets itself down into stealth mode after about 5-10 seconds. Not helpful at 5AM…

I haven’t found a way around this.
Turn the car on without starting the engine - on my manual it’s just pressing the start button for 5 seconds. Then adjust the mode to your quiet setting, push the clutch / brake and start her up. It just makes the startup process a bit longer. The valves open up when the car turns off as a precaution to keep them from being stuck shut.

Turn the car on without starting the engine - on my manual it’s just pressing the start button for 5 seconds. Then adjust the mode to your quiet setting, push the clutch / brake and start her up. It just makes the startup process a bit longer. The valves open up when the car turns off as a precaution to keep them from being stuck shut.
I will have to try this out next time it’s early in the morning. Thanks for the tip.

This is my third manual GM vehicle with the rev match and being "gentle" without doing the neutral wiggle is the best way. Also let the RPMs come down a bit. In my ZL1 I end up turning off the rev match when I know it's going to misbehave, but the rev match button is the paddle shifter so it's a lot easier than it is on the BW. With the BW I've been heel/toeing for the most part, but I do like the rev match when I'm feeling lazy, not 100% engaged on driving or wearing boots.

Side note - the BW / ZL1 combo seems to be pretty popular around here.
View attachment 22851
My kind of GM combo!

My other car isn't a ZL1, but it is a '92 B4C/1LE I bought new. It has 56k miles now. Still going along with the Camaro/Cadillac theme.

Attachments

• B4C.jpg
    B4C.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20220830_193819776.jpg
    PXL_20220830_193819776.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 53

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed