Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What "don't" you like about your BW"?

I can’t open my trunk with the car running. Have to shut it off. Anybody else? Dealer told me normal.

I can’t open my trunk with the car running. Have to shut it off. Anybody else? Dealer told me normal.
Are you in neutral or park?

I think the parking brake needs to be on in the manuals, too, if the engine is running.

Doesn't sound right. I'll have to try that out
Agreed.
Just the other day my son tried getting into the trunk while my engine was running in my manual 5, couldn’t, but as soon as I engaged the parking brake there was no issue.
Maybe it’s because you had both the brake pushed and the parking brake on, suggesting to the safety programming that you might soon release the parking brake?

Agreed.
Just the other day my son tried getting into the trunk while my engine was running in my manual 5, couldn’t, but as soon as I engaged the parking brake there was no issue.
Maybe it’s because you had both the brake pushed and the parking brake on, suggesting to the safety programming that you might soon release the parking brake?
Parking brake and doors unlocked work for me. Took a bit to figure it out.

How hard it is to stay under the speed limit. It accelerates so smoothly and drives so soft you’ll think you’re doing 70 and look down to see you’re doing 100+

How hard it is to stay under the speed limit. It accelerates so smoothly and drives so soft you’ll think you’re doing 70 and look down to see you’re doing 100+
I think it was Mark from Savagegeese who said he could never own one because the trouble it would get him in legitimately frightened him.

Two items.

(1) The check engine light is way over to the right side and behind the steering wheel. The light has been going on and off for the last two weeks and I have to look behind the steering wheel to see it. It is also very faint in daylight.

(2) For a "track capable" car, the CT4V-BW has a problem of a lack of tire selections because of the 18" tires.
There are very few tires available - example: you cannot get the "best" performance tires for the track such as Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2, Cup 2 R, or Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02. I think that another 1/2 inch on the fenders would have made a big difference. 19" tires would have given us many more options. This is probably not an issue for the CT5V-BW.

We've had our BW4 for a few months now, and the only thing that annoys me about the car is that damned "Speed Limit exceeded" warning that sets off the little bell and lights up the dash. Does anyone know how to deactivate it? Or at the very least, silence the bell? It seems to me that if I'm in Sport mode it's likely that I occasionally might exceed the limit. And some times it comes on even when I'm below the limit, which is even more annoying.

We've had our BW4 for a few months now, and the only thing that annoys me about the car is that damned "Speed Limit exceeded" warning that sets off the little bell and lights up the dash. Does anyone know how to deactivate it? Or at the very least, silence the bell? It seems to me that if I'm in Sport mode it's likely that I occasionally might exceed the limit. And some times it comes on even when I'm below the limit, which is even more annoying.
You can turn it off.
I know because I turned an alert on for myself.
Set it at 150 KM/h because if they catch you going 50 over in Ontario it’s not pretty, and the highest speed limit here on most highways is 100 (there’s a few stretches of 110).

(2) For a "track capable" car, the CT4V-BW has a problem of a lack of tire selections because of the 18" tires.
There are very few tires available - example: you cannot get the "best" performance tires for the track such as Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2, Cup 2 R, or Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02. I think that another 1/2 inch on the fenders would have made a big difference. 19" tires would have given us many more options. This is probably not an issue for the CT5V-BW.
Sorry I don't agree, the selection is not bad at all, there are some great choices.

Falken Azenis RT660
Bridgestone Potenza RE71RS
Nankang CR-S
Hankook RS4
Dunlop Direzza ZIII
Khumo Excta V730
R888R
Hoosier R7 and A7
And probably others I haven't found yet.

T.O. Blackwing, thanks so much! I went back into the manual and found where to disable it. I'd been on some really fun, twisty roads and it would NOT stop reminding me that I was having too much fun. AND, you took away my only complaint about the car!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back