Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What Don't I Know About Bronze Wheels?

Here’s a pic for comparison. I think rift looks best w the black wheels. I had to make a choice
Yea, I think that top pic looks perfect. Literally exactly what I would have hoped for in terms of blending the calipers/wheels. Love it!

We have the same TPW!!! Howdy partna! I am going to be posting tons of pics and maybe some vids when my car comes in. :D
Looking forward to the pics, partner!

Someone uploaded this today

These pop way more than I see in others pictures and videos.
Highly doubt those are stock. Looks like they just had the wheels refinished in a champagne bronze or coffee color. That style is not for me. Seems more like the matte PPF and coffee wheels clash together rather than compliment each other.

I've got bronze wheels, bronze calipers on a black CT4. I really like it!

Attachments

• BW2.jpg
    BW2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 172
I like the bronze wheels, comparing them to the black was about a wash for me with Wave metallic, but the thought of keeping that mesh wheel clean...tipped the scales for black.

View attachment 8488

View attachment 8489
Maaaaaan, I'm liking the fact I had to change to Wave blue to get my order in. That blue in the sun is spicy. My exact spec in a 5.

After racking up a little over 300 miles so far, I am more glad now than before I went with the black wheels. Brake dust is heavy. I had the wheels and barrels ceramic'ed along with the rest of the car. Dust is caked still...

My Electric Blue order originally had bronze wheels but after going back and forth a LOT I finally decided on the graphite wheels. I kept the bronze calipers though since I like that contrast with the “black”. I thought of ease of cleaning as well as I felt the black wheels gave the appearance of looking larger and filling the wheel well more.

I like the bronze wheels, comparing them to the black was about a wash for me with Wave metallic, but the thought of keeping that mesh wheel clean...tipped the scales for black.

View attachment 8488

View attachment 8489
We can compare in person in a few months haha. Im glad I changed from the standard silver alloys to tech bronze color wise. God help my when I do need to clean them though. My vossens are nice but a pita to clean with all the nooks and crannies.

I can confirm that the brake dust is heavy with the stock pads.. Almost turning my bronze wheels black after a few spirited canyon runs.

but the wheels are damn sexy and I wouldn't change the spec even if I could.

Attachments

• IMG_20211217_133812.jpg
    IMG_20211217_133812.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 108
My current wheels suck, those brushes don't work because everything is just lips on top of lips. You almost need to use a toothbrush over the entire face to keep them clean. Hopefully the new ones aren't as bad but I'm not too optimistic
The speed brush is mainly for the wheel barrel areas. I have a lug nut brush, and a bigger brush for all the intricacies of the wheel face. I also have a dedicated wash mitt for cleaning all the wheel spokes, and a dedicated microfiber towel to get behind any tight areas, like behind the caliper. Except for the microfiber towel(until the 4BW comes), all of these get used when I clean my wheels.

One single tool will not cut it, unless you want to throw a strong acidic wheel cleaner and just blast it with a pressure washer. But you can ruin your wheels if you don't know what you're doing with this method.

Looking closer at your picture, looks like your brake calipers are getting pretty caked also. I also use the brushes on the calipers to keep them looking new.

You can always pull up a chair, turn on some music, and make it a better experience instead of bending over or kneeling on the ground and trying to get it done in 5 secs.

The speed brush is mainly for the wheel barrel areas. I have a lug nut brush, and a bigger brush for all the intricacies of the wheel face. I also have a dedicated wash mitt for cleaning all the wheel spokes, and a dedicated microfiber towel to get behind any tight areas, like behind the caliper. Except for the microfiber towel(until the 4BW comes), all of these get used when I clean my wheels.

One single tool will not cut it, unless you want to throw a strong acidic wheel cleaner and just blast it with a pressure washer. But you can ruin your wheels if you don't know what you're doing with this method.

Looking closer at your picture, looks like your brake calipers are getting pretty caked also. I also use the brushes on the calipers to keep them looking new.

You can always pull up a chair, turn on some music, and make it a better experience instead of bending over or kneeling on the ground and trying to get it done in 5 secs.
Yep. My current cars can be done with the speedmaster, mothers wheel brush, and a microfiber mitt. Meguiar's Ultimate wheel cleaner is a must also, just wish I could get it in bulk.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back