Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What Don't I Know About Bronze Wheels?

My dealer had a CT4 with the bronze wheels on it, and bronze calipers, I was not a huge fan of it... it just didn't pop as much as I would have liked
IMG_2977.jpg

I've loved the bronze wheels since the original builder went live with them as an option. I ended up ordering an electric blue 5V with black wheels despite my best friend who was on the BW program pleading for me to do bronze (I thought it wouldn't look right with the blue car). Fast forward to today and I was able to pick up a "used" 5v with 160 miles on it....satin steel, red CCBs, and the tech bronze wheels and I'm thrilled it's the spec I ended up with. Also saw an electric blue 4v BW drive past the other day with bronze wheels and it looked incredible. I'm sold they will look good on any color BW and definitely would've regretted going with black had I gotten the blue car.

I've loved the bronze wheels since the original builder went live with them as an option. I ended up ordering an electric blue 5V with black wheels despite my best friend who was on the BW program pleading for me to do bronze (I thought it wouldn't look right with the blue car). Fast forward to today and I was able to pick up a "used" 5v with 160 miles on it....satin steel, red CCBs, and the tech bronze wheels and I'm thrilled it's the spec I ended up with. Also saw an electric blue 4v BW drive past the other day with bronze wheels and it looked incredible. I'm sold they will look good on any color BW and definitely would've regretted going with black had I gotten the blue car.
Bronze wheels surprisingly work well with a lot of colors. It helps liven the side profile on more muted colors. Hell, it helps liven up any kind of bland-ish side profile, which both BWs have.

My dealer had a CT4 with the bronze wheels on it, and bronze calipers, I was not a huge fan of it... it just didn't pop as much as I would have likedView attachment 8523
I think it looks pretty amazing. Hoping my blue looks good on that combo. Need it here NOW!

I think that I am one of the few that went with the standard polished/dark wheel. My order is for a black CT-5 BW and I thought the polished wheels look better with the polished/chrome side and rear emblems that I am going to keep on my car. I'm just not a fan of the black out emblems myself as I like a little contrast. I'll go with lightly (35%) tinted windows as opposed to dark, dark tint too. I kinda like the fact that folks know I'm driving a Blackwing as opposed to being all stealth, maybe I'm just a bit odd.........

For me nothing else on our cars ties in with the Bronze wheels, now if we could get Bronze emblems.....that a whole different story and would look fantastic on Black or Red with the Bronze wheels!

Glad we all like different wheels, emblems and such, as even if we pass each other in our BW's we will all look just a bit different from one another!

I think that I am one of the few that went with the standard polished/dark wheel. My order is for a black CT-5 BW and I thought the polished wheels look better with the polished/chrome side and rear emblems that I am going to keep on my car. I'm just not a fan of the black out emblems myself as I like a little contrast. I'll go with lightly (35%) tinted windows as opposed to dark, dark tint too. I kinda like the fact that folks know I'm driving a Blackwing as opposed to being all stealth, maybe I'm just a bit odd.........

For me nothing else on our cars ties in with the Bronze wheels, now if we could get Bronze emblems.....that a whole different story and would look fantastic on Black or Red with the Bronze wheels!

Glad we all like different wheels, emblems and such, as even if we pass each other in our BW's we will all look just a bit different from one another!
I like the polished wheels too, I had them spec’ed at first but changed to tech bronze. If/when my order gets accepted I’ll prob switch back to them (w/rift).

The speed brush is mainly for the wheel barrel areas. I have a lug nut brush, and a bigger brush for all the intricacies of the wheel face. I also have a dedicated wash mitt for cleaning all the wheel spokes, and a dedicated microfiber towel to get behind any tight areas, like behind the caliper. Except for the microfiber towel(until the 4BW comes), all of these get used when I clean my wheels.

One single tool will not cut it, unless you want to throw a strong acidic wheel cleaner and just blast it with a pressure washer. But you can ruin your wheels if you don't know what you're doing with this method.

Looking closer at your picture, looks like your brake calipers are getting pretty caked also. I also use the brushes on the calipers to keep them looking new.

You can always pull up a chair, turn on some music, and make it a better experience instead of bending over or kneeling on the ground and trying to get it done in 5 secs.
So I'm curious - would it not be advisable to use a standard wheel cleaner (e.g. Turtle Wax) on bronze wheels? I realize the thought itself is probably sacrilegious! But seriously - can that damage the finish? Are there some 'spray and hose off' cleaners that are OK to use? Thx!

So I'm curious - would it not be advisable to use a standard wheel cleaner (e.g. Turtle Wax) on bronze wheels? I realize the thought itself is probably sacrilegious! But seriously - can that damage the finish? Are there some 'spray and hose off' cleaners that are OK to use? Thx!
They are painted and clearcoated just like any other factory wheel. Any run of the mill "all wheel cleaner" will be fine. Just don't use stuff for chrome wheels, or anything with acid. Maguiars Ultimate all wheel cleaner is the best. Smells awful, works great.

I use the Carfidant Ultimate Wheel Cleaner on my AMG that gets heavy brake dust. Removes a majority of the dust, but I don’t think it’s possible to find a cleaner that would remove 100%.
Carfidant Car Wheel Cleaner Spray Premium Rim & Tire Cleaner - Safe for All Wheels and Rims! - Removes Brake Dust! - Safe for Aluminum, Alloy, Mag, Chrome, Painted, Clearcoated, Polished, Plast https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07HN8H...i_i_N9ZBB42NT8W9X82MKD21?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They are painted and clearcoated just like any other factory wheel. Any run of the mill "all wheel cleaner" will be fine. Just don't use stuff for chrome wheels, or anything with acid. Maguiars Ultimate all wheel cleaner is the best. Smells awful, works great.
Can confirm. I used exactly that product on my bronze wheels yesterday morning, which is what led to that pic above.

Can confirm. I used exactly that product on my bronze wheels yesterday morning, which is what led to that pic above.
I have gone through probably 6-8 different wheel cleaners, and I always go back to the Meguiars Ultimate. Especially after track days with chunks of rubber stuck on, and caked brake dust. It has iron remover also, which is a must for me.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back