Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V-Series Blackwing: Dark Emerald Frost Update

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
FYI, Cadillac Announcement:

G7W.JPG

Now is your time to order the ultra-exclusive Dark Emerald Frost (G7W) matte exterior paint available only on the 22MY V-Series Blackwing. This late-availability / limited production exterior paint will be limited to only 150 orders making these already exclusive V-Series Blackwings even more special, but a reminder that – with a matte finish – special care is required.

This week’s 7/22 DOSP will be the first and possibly the only DOSP to offer this exterior color.

Please note the following:

• Dark Emerald Frost - RPO Code: G7W
  • MSRP: $3,925
  • Maximum Allocation (150): 115 CT5-V Blackwing and 35 CT4-V Blackwing
  • Production Timing: Early Q4 2021
  • Constraint will be allocated according to percent of allocation (POA) since 22MY allocation is V-Series Blackwing only, and Dark Emerald Frost is only available on V-Series Blackwing models.
We encourage dealers to utilize PASS 2/PASS 3 to request Dark Emerald Frost (G7W) orders if interested. Don’t miss this opportunity to request allocation for this extremely limited production model.

High-level special care guidelines (full special care guidelines to be provided closer to production):

• Commercial car washes with any type of brushes are not recommended.
  • Do not use waxes or any type of gloss enhancing product on low gloss paint finishes
  • Power or hand washing with soap and water with a towel, chamois or air dry is the only recommended cleanup process for this paint.
  • Service note: Altered paint finished panels will have to be repainted to return it to the intended low gloss appearance.
Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Cadillac Sales and Marketing

Rob,

All good info, thanks. Does anyone know if the stated delivery of early Q4 2021 is still on track?

my guess would be Q1 2022 at the earliest considering the recent push back of all TPW's.....but who the hell knows at this point. currently @Tall Steve's second Blackwing is going to be built before my first and I ordered it on the 27th of Feb

My green guy has been at 10/25 since I received a TPW. Also worth noting I placed my order in July. I think getting emerald frost optioned is going to help me get my 5BW much faster than had I chose another color.

I wouldn't think you would be able to get ppf installed on these without messing up the finish.

My green guy has been at 10/25 since I received a TPW. Also worth noting I placed my order in July. I think getting emerald frost optioned is going to help me get my 5BW much faster than had I chose another color.
That has crossed my mind too. I originally went Rift but made changes when I still had time. Dealer got word that green might not happen so we called an audible and went back to Rift. Current TPW is November. Had I kept the green I might have received something sooner. Time will tell.

I wouldn't think you would be able to get ppf installed on these without messing up the finish.
No, you can, but it has to be a matte PPF which basically means you could've just gotten regular paint and added it on. XPEL Stealth is one of the options for that. They also make ceramic clear coatings that are matte friendly.

I am curious though if one added a matte PPF to just the front areas (hood, mirrors, fenders) if there would be a noticeable difference in finish with the rest of the vehicle. I fear wanting a wrap would require the whole vehicle be done to maintain a uniform look.

I gotta say the more I'm reading about the maintenance of matte finish really has me happy I stayed away from it. My BW5 will be my DD that see's the drive through car wash a couple times a week, gasp!!!1

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how did you place an order in July and you have a build date in Oct?

Am I missing something?

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how did you place an order in July and you have a build date in Oct?

Am I missing something?

I'm not sure - like I said, I think color might have to do something with it. My theory is they probably paint all the Emerald Frost BWs in the same 3 week span or something since it is a special process, so even though I only put my deposit down in July, they pulled my order way ahead of others due to being grouped in with the other vehicles of that color.

I'm located in SE Michigan and the dealership I contacted in July (no previous relationship) had only one other person who was waiting to place an order at that time. August 3rd I was told I was now the top of the list. August 13th I got confirmation my order was accepted (3000).

I gotta say the more I'm reading about the maintenance of matte finish really has me happy I stayed away from it. My BW5 will be my DD that see's the drive through car wash a couple times a week, gasp!!!1
Thats the main reason I didn't go for it. Way to much to worry about keeping it looking nice.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back