Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Used Value Trend

I don't know? The people who know about cars, know it's something special. The people who write about cars and test drive cars know it's something special. The collectors know it's something special. Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread? Probably not but it's certainly close to it in my book and I know I am not selling mine. They are still hard to option fully or find at all. They will hold value pretty dang well imo.

4V BW used values are brutal. My dealer called and is trying to sell me a new 23 6 MT 5V BW at MSRP. They are willing to give me 52k for trade on my fairly loaded 23 4V BW (75k ish MSRP).
I wouldn’t use Cadillac dealer trade in value as a lone data point. In my experience Cadillac dealers have been on the wrong side of fair with trade in. I have a 2022 CLA 45 AMG that I bought new off the lot less than one year ago, it only has 6K miles and was ~$72K MSRP and I have been offered anywhere from $42K to $50K trade in from Cadillac. Carvana offer was $51K trade in and KBB was $53K trade in. Private party is probably $57K to $60K. The car market in general is coming back to where it was pre COVID.

I wouldn’t use Cadillac dealer trade in value as a lone data point. In my experience Cadillac dealers have been on the wrong side of fair with trade in. I have a 2022 CLA 45 AMG that I bought new off the lot less than one year ago, it only has 6K miles and was ~$72K MSRP and I have been offered anywhere from $42K to $50K trade in from Cadillac. Carvana offer was $51K trade in and KBB was $53K trade in. Private party is probably $57K to $60K. The car market in general is coming back to where it was pre COVID.
It's looking like Tesla might be taking the crown from Maserati/Mercedes/BMW as fastest depreciating vehicles....

I don't know? The people who know about cars, know it's something special. The people who write about cars and test drive cars know it's something special. The collectors know it's something special. Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread? Probably not but it's certainly close to it in my book and I know I am not selling mine. They are still hard to option fully or find at all. They will hold value pretty dang well imo.
Yes but plenty of not so knowledgable normal ppl buy M3s, AMGs etc. Cadillac V6 super sedan.. not so much.

The 4BW was born a decade too late.

I guess it depends on what that "other" forum is.

I know that for BMWs, the manual cars tend to maintain a higher resale.

For Porsche that is true as well, as is Corvette in my experience. Ferrari, fer sure.

I think part of it isn't just that the manual is superior, but that fewer new car buyers take it, so down the road they are more rare. And (this is totally my supposition) used car buyers tend to be more enthusiast-oriented, and find the manual to be more desirable, so the demand (as a percentage) is higher.

Yeah, yeah, I can rationalize just about anything. ;) LOL
the 'other' forums manual shifter is even more highly regarded than the tremec in the BW's if you can believe it!

They are pretty close as retail sales are in the high 50s/very low 60s for low mileage 23 4V (regardless of transmission). Sure, I could probably get 55k somewhere, but I doubt any more than that unless they are “showing” you a higher trade while discounting their car. Don’t get me wrong, 3k is 3k, but it doesn‘t change the overall fact about how bad 4V BW resale values are. I expected it though, so it‘s on me/not mad about it.

Where dealers are in fantasy land, is what they want for their new cars. Using my example, they called me expecting me to take 20% plus hit on my trade while offering me MSRP. The days of MSRP and especially ADMs are rapidly coming to close if not done except for only the rarest of models.

Last edited:
I've been following the 5 BW sales on Bring a Trailer and have been supprised at the discounts these cars have sold for.
Nothing crazy but a bit lower than I expected considering how recently people were paying markups and having trouble getting delivery.
Depreciation or appreciation was not a factor in buying the car but I am surprised it's happening so quickly, considering.

I've been following the 5 BW sales on Bring a Trailer and have been supprised at the discounts these cars have sold for.
Nothing crazy but a bit lower than I expected considering how recently people were paying markups and having trouble getting delivery.
Depreciation or appreciation was not a factor in buying the car but I am surprised it's happening so quickly, considering.
I concur - kinda. Many of us will pay a few thousand more for a new car, versus a used car that perhaps wasn't broken-in quite as carefully as we may prefer.

Same here. While many driving enthusiasts know these are great cars there are not enough of us anymore to keep the prices from dropping.

Cadillac also has a branding issue when it comes to performance cars. It is not quite at the Buick level but not that far away either. Remember when Buick was cool with the Grand National? That was a cool car I wanted to own.

Anyway, IMO, we owe the the greatness of the Blackwings to the Camaro team who designed a great chassis with excellent driving dynamics with all the performance hardware goodies, Tremec M6 and the A10, E-diff, mag-ride suspension, drive modes, Brembo brakes, etc. I always think of my 4BW as a 4 door version of the Camaro SS 1LE I used to own but with much better visibility and practicality. It is missing two cylinders but it is every bit as powerful as the LT1.

Now that GM and others finally figured out that they can't transition to EVs overnight maybe we will see some of the "Plan B" cars make production? :unsure:

Same here. While many driving enthusiasts know these are great cars there are not enough of us anymore to keep the prices from dropping.

Cadillac also has a branding issue when it comes to performance cars. It is not quite at the Buick level but not that far away either. Remember when Buick was cool with the Grand National? That was a cool car I wanted to own.

Anyway, IMO, we owe the the greatness of the Blackwings to the Camaro team who designed a great chassis with excellent driving dynamics with all the performance hardware goodies, Tremec M6 and the A10, E-diff, mag-ride suspension, drive modes, Brembo brakes, etc. I always think of my 4BW as a 4 door version of the Camaro SS 1LE I used to own but with much better visibility and practicality. It is missing two cylinders but it is every bit as powerful as the LT1.

Now that GM and others finally figured out that they can't transition to EVs overnight maybe we will see some of the "Plan B" cars make production? :unsure:
A 7th Gen Camaro with good visibility at a decent price would be pretty cool, they already made the platform for the Blackwings anyways.

As for a performance Caddy, I honestly don't know how much better they can do then this, my car shopping these days is made between Porsche and Blackwings for a track day/summer car, I know plenty of peeps rocking 1LE's instead of GT4s. They are just that good.

Last edited:
Maybe demand for blackwings will fall off thus it might hit our values short term, but maybe GM will just stop making them if they have to discount them. But what if I sell mine for a loss now but then wait another year and get one for a decent discount with a free driving school!

Last edited:
A 7th Gen Camaro with good visibility at a decent price would be pretty cool, they already made the platform for the Blackwings anyways.

As for a performance Caddy, I honestly don't know how much better they can do then this, my car shopping these days is made between Porsche and Blackwings for a track day/summer car, I know plenty of peeps rocking 1LE's instead of GT4s. They are just that good.
Yeah, who knows as GM has to back pedal after over rotating on all this EV nonsense. Maybe, they will go back to the drawing board and release some vehicles that people actually want to buy.

Last edited:
Yeah, who knows as GM has to back pedal after over rotating on all this EV nonsense. Maybe, they will go back to the drawing board and release some vehicles that people actually want to buy.

Similar to the Mach-E a car no one asked for except EV zealots.

It's incredible how this car in particular (even worse the A10s) is under appreciated from the general public.

Mass market is way to far gone into the tech/flashy Instagramable marketing hyping trends to appreciate the passion of driving put into the 4BW..
Spot on. I feel that it’s somewhat the same story for the 5BW. Majority of people want BMWs and Audis, to roll with the sheep on instagram. Validation from “enthusiasts”, or something like that. The BWs are wolves in sheep’s clothing. I’ve owned a variety of sports cars, including 2x M3s, and nothing has ever come close to the pure enjoyment and satisfaction of ripping through the gears in my 5BW.

I’ve had this thing at plenty of events around other sports cars, and usually only a handful of people understand its lure. Majority just ask why I traded in a G80 M3 for a Cadillac (lol). Most people just won’t ever experience an authentic, intoxicating experience that the BW provides.

I put my $79k MSRP '22 CT4 Blackwing manual with 2k miles into Carvana and it came back with $52k. Went to Carmax -$50k.

I put my $79k MSRP '22 CT4 Blackwing manual with 2k miles into Carvana and it came back with $52k. Went to Carmax -$50k.
this is pretty much accurate for wholesale - same goes for 5VBW - the wholesale value is dropping. Thankfully resale value is not why we buy these cars.

This is why I went with a base spec 4BW. MSRP was $61k on mine and Carvana and Carmax are coming back with the same ~$50k. I wish these cars would hold their value like Corvettes and Toyota Tacomas but they don't. Just enjoy it. Pricing should level off in the $40s-$50s and hopefully increase a little if they actually stop producing them.

this is pretty much accurate for wholesale - same goes for 5VBW - the wholesale value is dropping. Thankfully resale value is not why we buy these cars.
In 2019 my used 4k mile '17 Honda Civic Type R sold for MSRP. If I cared about resale I would have picked up another CTR or the new Acura ITS but they're a different class of car with not many options.

Looking at historical ATS and CTS values I knew what to expect. These cars need to be purchased by people that know how special they are and appreciate the options.

This is why I went with a base spec 4BW. MSRP was $61k on mine and Carvana and Carmax are coming back with the same ~$50k. I wish these cars would hold their value like Corvettes and Toyota Tacomas but they don't. Just enjoy it. Pricing should level off in the $40s-$50s and hopefully increase a little if they actually stop producing them.
Good strategy for resale.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop