Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tune needed for Lower Pulley / SC Lid?

ValianceLT4

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23 CT5-V Blackwing
Hello.

for a CT-5 BW, If I just wanted to get a larger Lower Pulley and a SC Lid, would I need to get it tuned or would the ECM be able to adjust for it on its own? I know the stock ECM has a ton of room for self-adjustment, but I want to be sure before I take that route.

You will not need a tune for a SC lid. I actually have a DSX Lid that I am going to sell... I had it on the car for a couple of weeks but ultimately decided to take it off...

You will not need a tune for a SC lid. I actually have a DSX Lid that I am going to sell... I had it on the car for a couple of weeks but ultimately decided to take it off...
Any particular reason you chose to remove it?

Did it provide any notable difference other than sound?

That was the only noticeable difference.... And I missed having the built by placard so i changed it back

That was the only noticeable difference.... And I missed having the built by placard so i changed it back
I gotcha

I'm hoping that I can just swap the lower pulley and get a bit of a power jump. Nothing crazy but I just don't want to do tuning at the moment or sent the SC to get Ported.

I gotcha

I'm hoping that I can just swap the lower pulley and get a bit of a power jump. Nothing crazy but I just don't want to do tuning at the moment or sent the SC to get Ported.

How hard is this to do? Do you plan on removing the bumper? Also do you have to change the idler pulley??

I really want to do this, but literally cant find any info.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

How hard is this to do? Do you plan on removing the bumper? Also do you have to change the idler pulley??

I really want to do this, but literally cant find any info.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan
I'm actually in the same position. I'm trying to do my research before going through with it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back