Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Test & Tune Night

In2deep

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23 CT5
We finally got a rain-free Thursday night to bring my 5 BW to the drag strip. Currently have the Kong X-porting, 103 TB, 2.3 pulley, headers and cat-less X-pipe. Was a ball sweltering night w/ 134 degree track temp when I got there. Made 8 passes and couldn't get it to hook for nothing. Tried launch controls and it didn't slip much but also pulled too much power. Had the best results with TC/SC/PTM completely off and pedaling the throttle off the line. I also figured out that the line lock feature is complete trash as it doesn't allow you to roll through your burnout and is cumbersome to get back into the settings your looking for afterwards. It's does beautiful burnouts with TC/SC/PTM disabled and power braking. I couldn't get it faster than 11.6 @ 121 due to the lack of traction and horrid 60' times. I'm figuring out wheel/tire options for next time, I know it'll go low 11's if I can put the power down. Everyone said it sounds absolutely amazing w/ the Kooks headers and cat delete. That's hard to tell from inside. All in all it was a great night as I learned this beast of a car.

Attachments

• 20230707_073732.jpg
    20230707_073732.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
We finally got a rain-free Thursday night to bring my 5 BW to the drag strip. Currently have the Kong X-porting, 103 TB, 2.3 pulley, headers and cat-less X-pipe. Was a ball sweltering night w/ 134 degree track temp when I got there. Made 8 passes and couldn't get it to hook for nothing. Tried launch controls and it didn't slip much but also pulled too much power. Had the best results with TC/SC/PTM completely off and pedaling the throttle off the line. I also figured out that the line lock feature is complete trash as it doesn't allow you to roll through your burnout and is cumbersome to get back into the settings your looking for afterwards. It's does beautiful burnouts with TC/SC/PTM disabled and power braking. I couldn't get it faster than 11.6 @ 121 due to the lack of traction and horrid 60' times. I'm figuring out wheel/tire options for next time, I know it'll go low 11's if I can put the power down. Everyone said it sounds absolutely amazing w/ the Kooks headers and cat delete. That's hard to tell from inside. All in all it was a great night as I learned this beast of a car.
Thats fast. Tire pressure? You will find the sweet spot. In a few more runs.

Sounds like a fun night of testing! You can roll through the burnout with line lock. There is a button combo on the steering wheel that allows it to roll. I think it is the "cancel cruise control" and "select" buttons.

@WONT TAP probably has some pointers on how to launch these.

It's interesting that my ct4 blackwing mphs more than yours. Your ct5 is an automatic?

Sounds like a fun night of testing! You can roll through the burnout with line lock. There is a button combo on the steering wheel that allows it to roll. I think it is the "cancel cruise control" and "select" buttons.

@WONT TAP probably has some pointers on how to launch
That seems cumbersome at the line along w/ all the other things you're trying to remember. I'll stick we power braking, brakes and rotors be damned!

It's interesting that my ct4 blackwing mphs more than yours. Your ct5 is an automatic?
Yes, automatic. I got the ecm unlocked and data logged all the runs. I haven't gone back through and checked for SC belt slippage yet. I'm sure heat soak was a factor too. Drove an hour to the track and not much time between runs on a hot sw florida day.

I can help if you're running drag radials. On street tires, you're pretty much screwed.
The only tires I'm finding that will fit the factory wheel are MT ET street ss. My end goal is a 15" conversion but I can't find anyone offering one yet. I was considering buying a gen 3 CTS V conversion and adding a dash of "make it fit". Do you guys know of any other options?

You might also consider Nitto 555RII P275/40R18/LL. I was able to run these on our CT4-V Blackwing with OEM wheels. Not sure if they offer the correct 19" size for CT5-V Blackwings...

You might also consider Nitto 555RII P275/40R18/LL. I was able to run these on our CT4-V Blackwing with OEM wheels. Not sure if they offer the correct 19" size for CT5-V Blackwings...
I know the stock 18" CT4VBW wheel will fit the 5BW as far as hub bore, bolt pattern and offset. Do you know if the 18" wheel will clear brake calipers? My other idea, for now, was the 18" wheel w/ drag slicks and put them on only at the track. It would be really bad to get caught in the rain with them on the way to or from

Call Me crazy but I run cup2s 315/30/19 on factory wheels and they dead hook!

I have 2.3 upper, LMP LID, x Port , and Kong 103.

Call Me crazy but I run cup2s 315/30/19 on factory wheels and they dead hook!

I have 2.3 upper, LMP LID, x Port , and Kong 103.
A lot of it could be me. My first time w/ the car at the track and not a lot of passes w/ any car. Still learning how to race. What's your ET/speed?

I put M/T ET Street s/s on the car and tried it again last night. Night and day difference with traction. I was short on time so only made a couple passes but shaved almost .4 off my time. Air quality (3,124 ft DA) and track temp (133 degrees) were both horrble again.

Attachments

• 20230713_205708.jpg
    20230713_205708.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
The only tires I'm finding that will fit the factory wheel are MT ET street ss. My end goal is a 15" conversion but I can't find anyone offering one yet. I was considering buying a gen 3 CTS V conversion and adding a dash of "make it fit". Do you guys know of any other options?
Found and ordered these the other day...
1690660243608.png

What kind of mods are you running where traction is an issue?
I have 315 michelin 4S and i dead hook on the street with headers, 2.3 pulley, kong blower, 103MM TB, and a tune.

Or is this more of an issue for a full bore launch at a drag strip?

What kind of mods are you running where traction is an issue?
I have 315 michelin 4S and i dead hook on the street with headers, 2.3 pulley, kong blower, 103MM TB, and a tune.

Or is this more of an issue for a full bore launch at a drag strip?
Full bore launch at a drag strip!!!

Full bore launch at a drag strip!!!
4S aren’t meant for drag strip - might try a Toyo 888r or a Nitto 555r if they’re in our size. Had success hooking with those on my V2 at 800whp

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back