Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Traction control question on CT4-V blackwing with M6 trans

azeyecap

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CTV4 Blackwing
I've had my blackwing since early December 2021. As i've gotten more used to the car i've been pushing it harder and harder on the street to figure out the limits of certain things.

My last car was an E92 '08 M3, and when i got too lively in regular driving mode I was used to seeing dashboard signals telling me that traction control has been activated. I could also feel the system working to get the car back under control.

With my blackwing I've had no similar dash board alerts or the sense that the car is working against me to regain control. At this point i'm wondering what the Traction control actually does if I can spin the tires in second gear and have no TC adjustments that I can perceive via feeling the car or dash alerts.

In normal driving modes i'd assume that the traction control nannies would kick in when i spin the tires or hit the gas too hard to cause a slide on a 1st or 2nd gear turn. But, i don't see or feel that system adjusting anything. When I'm not trying to Hoon the car i'd like the systems to cover my ass and help me from crashing. it is great that I can turn the systems off via different driving modes but at this point i don't have the sense of what the system will do to help me out.

So, wondering for the group here, has anyone else had these nannies kick in during driving in regular modes like touring, if so what has the car done? Also, perhaps i've not reached the limit to set the systems into motion, any thoughts?

Thanks, Casey

I still have an e90 M3 and will tell you GM's traction control I'd much less abrupt than the e90. No less and possibly more effective - just not as abrupt like the e90 which at times feels like the engine fell out of the car.

Thanks so much Rdollie, nice to hear from a fellow M3 owner. I wish i didn't have to sell my M3 with the glorious V8 but in order to make the blackwing purchase happen I couldn't justify 3 cars especially when i got a great price on my M3.

The M3 was my first experience with a car that had an active TC feature and enough power to trip the system often. My previous sport cars were a Suburu WRX (all wheel drive, hard to break the tires even after I upgraded to a larger short block) and a Nissan 300zx turbo which I can't even remember if it had traction control. If it did they system didn't intervene often as far as I can remember.

I'll work on pushing it harder to find when the system engages, other feedback very much welcome. Thanks.

Your observations are interesting especially in light of a comment Tall Steve made about a code brown event. All the cars I've owned to date would pretty abruptly cut power to keep things safe. I did autox an ATS-V before and never really felt that kind of intervention- it felt glued to the road... But maybe the stability control was just that good.

Your observations are interesting especially in light of a comment Tall Steve made about a code brown event. All the cars I've owned to date would pretty abruptly cut power to keep things safe. I did autox an ATS-V before and never really felt that kind of intervention- it felt glued to the road... But maybe the stability control was just that good.
The TC will work when needed for sure, trust me on this! When I went to Spring mountain I didn't "notice" the TC/Nannies working but when I went back and looked at the PDR video I saw that it came on a lot and saved my butt several time, I just think its subtle until it needs to be harsh... The car handles very well and will do a lot more than the average person thinks it can... I don't know if that helps but when you go to Spring Mountain you will really understand what the car can do. Oh, be carful how you set the car up for street driving because it makes a difference..

Also. These new electronic diffs going into cars are nuts. They can plant the power so well. I swear my 2018 m4 CP could read my mind and tell if I wanted to drift or hook up and grip

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back