Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Track Mode

StabiliTrak is a response to the car being yawed (it is pointing a different direction than it is actually moving). That system has a variety of tools to bring a car back into control.
Yes..., or as I like to call it, " letting you be silly stupid..., without having to pay the price", or
AKA, Fox bodies @ C&C

FYI - Competitve Mode (Sport - hold button down for 5 sec) and Track - All off are the only modes that provide full engine power at all times.

Guys who drag their cars, Competitive Mode is the preferred mode.
Ya, I wish I had known this the first time I went to the drag strip. I read in the manual that PTM Race2 will yield the most consistent acceleration times, so I went for Track with PTM Race2, which was a mistake. It was that statement in the manual that made me think Race2 allowed the least nanny intervention. But the suspension was WAY too firm in track mode for drag launches. Live and learn.

It's my understanding that competitive mode just turns TC/ESC off and is independent of drive mode, correct?

That's not true. Go try it, you'll see. Set your Vmode for whatever you want, and you can get PTM with, say, Tour exhaust and Sport steering.
Agree with @SynisterAZ , this does not work for me. When i set those specific settings in v-mode to Sport, it does not give me an option to double tap to enable PTM. Also, in v-mode setup it disables PTM. I basically have to go to track or race1/2 to get PTM.

HOWEVER, I have had my car in PTM Sport mode forever (I have 20K miles) and I could swear that based on the suspension potential damage thingy and roughness of steering, I always had suspension and steering set to Sport (WITH PTM ability). Last week I went in to change one of the settings in v-mode and ever since I cannot get to PTM Sport without it automatically changing those two parameters to track. If I try and set those two parameters to sport, it disables PTM.

So the only thing that has changed is my car has been in for service and had updates so I am guessing the original program has changed. I was one of the original 250 so that's my only guess. (maybe older cars could do it, but if you have the ecu updated it wont anymore which is why you two have different experiences/opinions).If I remember correctly, @Throat Yogurt you were also in the 250 or shortly thereafter.

Would love to know how to get back to sport because having PTM steering/suspension in sport that changes them to Track mode is way too rough. Sorry I messed with it. And yes, I have tried what you said. doesnt work for me.

I have an original 250 CT5BW with a Manual.

Agree with @SynisterAZ , this does not work for me. When i set those specific settings in v-mode to Sport, it does not give me an option to double tap to enable PTM. Also, in v-mode setup it disables PTM. I basically have to go to track or race1/2 to get PTM.

HOWEVER, I have had my car in PTM Sport mode forever (I have 20K miles) and I could swear that based on the suspension potential damage thingy and roughness of steering, I always had suspension and steering set to Sport (WITH PTM ability). Last week I went in to change one of the settings in v-mode and ever since I cannot get to PTM Sport without it automatically changing those two parameters to track. If I try and set those two parameters to sport, it disables PTM.

So the only thing that has changed is my car has been in for service and had updates so I am guessing the original program has changed. I was one of the original 250 so that's my only guess. (maybe older cars could do it, but if you have the ecu updated it wont anymore which is why you two have different experiences/opinions).If I remember correctly, @Throat Yogurt you were also in the 250 or shortly thereafter.

Would love to know how to get back to sport because having PTM steering/suspension in sport that changes them to Track mode is way too rough. Sorry I messed with it. And yes, I have tried what you said. doesnt work for me.

I have an original 250 CT5BW with a Manual.

Best Ive been able to settle on mapping PTM to Vmode double -tap is PTM Dry while suspension is in Sport. Good enough for quick access to launch control.

To make things MORE confusing, BW don't have a Competitive Driving Mode, at least from my experience, I've tried sport pushing traction twice, nothing happens in my '22 BW

To make things MORE confusing, BW don't have a Competitive Driving Mode, at least from my experience, I've tried sport pushing traction twice, nothing happens in my '22 BW
They do have it. The timing on the button presses can be tricky, it has to be just right.

That's not true. Go try it, you'll see. Set your Vmode for whatever you want, and you can get PTM with, say, Tour exhaust and Sport steering.
This is correct, this is how it works for my '22 BW at least, I can select V mode, then change suspension, steering etc to tour, but also change my PTM settings

EDIT: I just tested, it will work with Suspension and Steering in Sport and PTM in Dry, but any PTM setting further and they go to track.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners