Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tires leaking air?

Davel518

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 Blackwing
Has anyone else had an issue with tire inflation? I feel like I lose 1-2 psi per month, which doesn't happen in my other car. Stock wheels and tires. I've checked for nails and it's consistent across all 4 tires. Wondering if anyone else has seen similar.

I’ve experienced the same thing, independent of expected pressure changes based on temperature.

Have a tire shop check the valve stem. Sometimes they have not seated properly.

I agree and would check the TPMS nut. The torque setting is really low though, like 62 in/lb. I would just put a socket on them and tighten by hand without a ratchet.

1-2 lbs in a month seems totally normal to me. All tires lose a small amount of PSI over time but in my experience it varies from one tire mfg to the next, as well as the tire type (all season, summer, race slick). There are a few reasons why nitrogen as a fill gas is better and one of them is the larger molecule is less likely to find its way out of the tire carcass.

I've owned it for almost 21 months and have yet to need to add air.
ETA: it sits in a climate controlled shop 24/7 with ~3500 miles so far.

I would add that 1-2 lbs is the accuracy range of lessor gauges, so there is that. Also, unless you're checking the tires at the same temp all the time, that can be a factor. In the 6 months I've had mine, I've added air 3-4 times.

Definitely check the valve stem area, one of the most common spots for a slow consistent leak. Sometimes they just need tightened back up, other times it needs to be replaced (rare on newer cars).

If the valve stems check out fine, and it still slowly loses air, you can have the tire dismounted, beads cleaned up, and then remounted at a slightly different position on the wheel.

Added air two times in 13 months. When I had my Mercedes with Nitrogen it was refilled once a year.

Tires only lose pressure for a few reasons generally. The fact all four are losing it at roughly the same rate leads me to think of a temp change. Could be all four valve stems are lose, but that would be one hell of a coincidence they would all be loose to the point they leak the same amount of air.

22% more nitrogen makes no difference. It is the air version of an oil thread.

22% more nitrogen makes no difference. It is the air version of an oil thread.

Nitrogen in tires have valid uses, but in regular street cars the benefits vs. the cost is not a great deal. But unlike using the wrong motor oil, nitrogen will not harm your tires.

Here is a new motor oil thread for you to jump into.
CT5-V - CT5 Blackwing Oil potentially wrong?

Nitrogen in tires have valid uses, but in regular street cars the benefits vs. the cost is not a great deal. But unlike using the wrong motor oil, nitrogen will not harm your tires.

Here is a new motor oil thread for you to jump into.
CT5-V - CT5 Blackwing Oil potentially wrong?
True, but I think you know what I mean by “oil thread.”

I briefly looked at it and even that it case it probably wouldn’t damage the engine.

Back on topic here, 22% less nitrogen is also probably not OPs problem.

Last edited:
For the record, I wasn't suggesting a 99% Nitrogen fill was going to solve the OP's issue. I feel its mostly the affect of temperature on the tire pressure and possible the gauge, not a leak (beyond the nominal amount that will naturally escape the carcass). Extremely unlikely all TPMS are leaking at a simliar rate.

From 20 years of road racing (bike) I have lots of experience with running Nitrogen. At the time the Pirelli slicks would be largely flat between rounds (3-4 weeks). It was just an observation that Nitrogen reduced this phenomenon, it was not on the list of reasons why we used it.

Last edited:
My OCD has me checking/tweaking my tire pressures every couple of weeks, LOL.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back