Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Throttle house looking for a CT4 V blackwing in toronto

I'm down and offered up my car. I sent messages to Thomas and James directly. A fellow employee loaned them his 5BW and had a positive experience. I'll keep everyone posted.
You thinking of Dave A? Lol….I let him take my 5V to TH since I couldn’t make the trip. I DM’d you….have a good contact at TH who set everything up for my car if you really want to make the trip.

Well technically you went to a brothel in Pahrump and railed a hooker that was a dead ringer for your girlfriend for 2 days.

Not with the prices those chicks were charging. I looked for a friend :)

Is it made out of gold honey?

I saw that. Made my sad lol

Looks like they went a different way.
Yep I saw it to, the fact is the Ct4 BW really isn't getting much head-to-head comparison testing against anything. Of the line the RS3 can be slightly quicker but gets obliterated in a roll at any speed. Against the manual M3/4 vs M6 BW from inside the two cars the BW just handles and feels better to me.

I think the main problems the BW's face in cross-brand comparisons are price points and HP. Most of the class doesn't reach the 450hp mark let alone 472, and to get to that level or more in anything else you have to spend way more than you do on a BW, which in turn is more expensive than all the sub 400hp 4 door competitors in the class. With the CT5, the story gets even worse.

The M3 manual just doesn't do it for me and it cost more than a BW, and the automatics are well.... I wouldn't buy this class of car as an automatic (but that's just me), however, they are even more costly.

I looked at the RS3 before my BW arrived and I was super glad I did NOT go that route. Too small and numb... not to mention the interior is .... its just not right for me.

Yep I saw it to, the fact is the Ct4 BW really isn't getting much head-to-head comparison testing against anything. Of the line the RS3 can be slightly quicker but gets obliterated in a roll at any speed. Against the manual M3/4 vs M6 BW from inside the two cars the BW just handles and feels better to me.

I think the main problems the BW's face in cross-brand comparisons are price points and HP. Most of the class doesn't reach the 450hp mark let alone 472, and to get to that level or more in anything else you have to spend way more than you do on a BW, which in turn is more expensive than all the sub 400hp 4 door competitors in the class. With the CT5, the story gets even worse.

The M3 manual just doesn't do it for me and it cost more than a BW, and the automatics are well.... I wouldn't buy this class of car as an automatic (but that's just me), however, they are even more costly.

I looked at the RS3 before my BW arrived and I was super glad I did NOT go that route. Too small and numb... not to mention the interior is .... its just not right for me.
Similar thoughts. I think the biggest issue which the bw s have is the brand snobbery of the German brand folks. They won’t even consider an American car in spite of how good it is.

I briefly considered the rs3 because it would have replaced 2 cars for me- my brz and my wife’s gti. But I wanted the manual and decided to yolo.

Similar thoughts. I think the biggest issue which the bw s have is the brand snobbery of the German brand folks. They won’t even consider an American car in spite of how good it is.
Well having owned a hot V German contraption before this, I can tell you the design philosophy is not to make it as good as possible it's to make it as advanced/complicated as possible. In many ways, the German auto has simply become an exercise in building the results of intellectual masturbation. I will never own another hotV where any engine components are plastic.

I've reached the place in my life where I think technology is cool, but it should enhance my experiences not be the experience.

Here is what some person in Bimmerpost put together. Not my words. Maybe on track it might be diff but I think new m2 might win.

Thanks for posting the C/D numbers! The "laggy" 6MT and overall "heavy" G87 managed the following performance against the 4BW (closest competitor universally praised for its 6MT, twin turbo V6, chassis, and overall driving experience):

5-60: 4.6 vs 5.3
30-50 6th gear: 7.3 vs 9.6
50-70 6th gear: 6.2 vs 7.1
Skidpad: 1.03g vs 1.01g
Qtr mile: 12.2 at 118mph vs 12.6 at 114mph
100-0: 302ft vs 310ft

Here is what some person in Bimmerpost put together. Not my words. Maybe on track it might be diff but I think new m2 might win.

Thanks for posting the C/D numbers! The "laggy" 6MT and overall "heavy" G87 managed the following performance against the 4BW (closest competitor universally praised for its 6MT, twin turbo V6, chassis, and overall driving experience):

5-60: 4.6 vs 5.3
30-50 6th gear: 7.3 vs 9.6
50-70 6th gear: 6.2 vs 7.1
Skidpad: 1.03g vs 1.01g
Qtr mile: 12.2 at 118mph vs 12.6 at 114mph
100-0: 302ft vs 310ft
Why is anyone doing 30-50 in 6th gear?

Btw bimmerpost is so funny. They’re so insecure about their m2 getting meh reviews. I go there sometimes and am so happy I am in this place.

Yah I used to own m2 and the amt of hate I get because I said I sold my m2 and passed on the new m2 because it’s ugly and got a caddy is crazy.

BMW has long been panned for unsatisfying manual transmissions. In my experience it’s true. They almost always have rubbery shifters, and often odd gearing, clutch feel, etc. The 4BW’s tremec is very satisfying, offering a solid, accurate shifter and proper gear spacing. Its clutch is smooth and easy to use.

I’m not gonna down the new M2. I’m not crazy about the look from every angle, but I’m sure it’s a fine car. Plus, BMW’s I6 engines are second to none. However, driving experience and character are what I value in a performance car, so for me it’s the 4BW. That said, anyone would be fortunate to own either one.

I thought about maybe buying the M2 as well if the 4BW purchase didn't pan out. Luckily for me, there are over 200. manuals all over the country to choose from right now.

As someone that plans to track the 4BW regularly, I found that GM made the 4BW a trackable street car with little to no gimmickry. 18 inch wheels, 2 piece blank rotors, cooling for everything, physical buttons, every ride mode or PTM setting has a meaningful and noticeable change. Even without CF, there is still functional aero on the car as well. I guess pops and burble could be considered gimmicky, but there are worse gimmicks out there.

The new M2(and all M products to be honest) are fine machines, but they're just so full of needless gimmickry. Like, yea, we get that the true M cars are fast and badass, but do they really need drift mode? 20/21 inch wheels? Interior made out of screens? Where the hell am I going to be able to use drift mode anyway? Road courses don't allow drifting. I guess a drift event? Not my thing either.

The new M2's looks have actually grown on me. I wouldn't call it classic or pretty, but it looks mean. The side profile is its best angle. Where the M2 fails for me is the uninspired interior. I am fine with screens for gauges and infotainment, BUT only if they are well integrated in to the design. BMW just tacked on some screens and called it a day. I loathe, loathe, loathe it. So much. Plus the M2 is clearly catering to the type of people that would put M badges on their non-M car, seeing the amount of M badging and M color patterns in the interior itself. It's an exercise in excess, and it's kind of off putting. 19/20 inch cast wheels are lifted from the M3/M4. Fun fact, previous gen M2 wheels were forged, so this is a downgrade. Cross drilled(or dimpled) in this case does nothing besides look gimmicky. And it has gained quite a bit of weight. The 4BW isn't light by any means, but neither was the ATS-V which preceded it. The M2 went from 3500-3600 lbs to 3800. The 4BW gained like what? Less than a hundred pounds from the ATS-V?

I know it drives well. Like an M car should. But IMO, in this segment, there's a lot more to making a great car than putting a powerful motor and making it handle well. The interior of the M2 is the biggest dealbreaker for me. And since the interiors on all BMWs are practically identical now, I would never consider a new BMW. Unless it were a Supra. But even then, I'd wait until BMW can design and tune a better BMW than Toyota can. And judging with how things are going with BMW nowadays, I don't think that it'll ever happen again.

decided to yolo.
Same.

Without a test drive - or even having seen one - I ordered a car that cost 89% more than the most expensive car I had ever bought.

And it was my first American car in 35 years.

I still can't believe I did it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners