Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V This doesn't look right, thoughts?

Cadillac CT4-V model

SynisterAZ

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'23 CT4-V Blackwing
I got home after 2 weeks away for work and was just sort of looking over the engine compartment on my 4BW to get a feel for the layout and how tough certain tasks might be. I was trying to get a look at the turbos and noticed this hose on the passenger side. The hose clamp does not appear to be clamped properly, it should be higher up and clamped over whatever solid structure the end of the hose attaches to, at least that what Im thinking. Seems like a lot of extra clamp material too like it was meant to be used on a wider diameter than where its at. Lastly, its digging in to the hose pretty good so it seems like it shouldnt be where it is but higher up. What do you guys think? Fix it myself real quick or take it to the dealer who in my neck of the woods has likely never seen one of these cars?

gmljrn.jpg

Not looking right. Personally, I'd would fix it myself and inspect the hose for damage. If damaged, I'd put it back like it was and take it to the dealer.

Do it yourself. I wonder if you were losing power because of it too?

I got home after 2 weeks away for work and was just sort of looking over the engine compartment on my 4BW to get a feel for the layout and how tough certain tasks might be. I was trying to get a look at the turbos and noticed this hose on the passenger side. The hose clamp does not appear to be clamped properly, it should be higher up and clamped over whatever solid structure the end of the hose attaches to, at least that what Im thinking. Seems like a lot of extra clamp material too like it was meant to be used on a wider diameter than where its at. Lastly, its digging in to the hose pretty good so it seems like it shouldnt be where it is but higher up. What do you guys think? Fix it myself real quick or take it to the dealer who in my neck of the woods has likely never seen one of these cars?

gmljrn.jpg
Sumpin' ain't right! Does the factory even use worm clamps?

So I removed the plastic engine cover to get a better angle on the clamp screw, loosened it, pushed the hose up flush against the piece it mounts over, and tightened the clamp back down where it should be. It was definitely out of position, there is a metal tab on the backside of the clamp clips onto the edge of the hose to set the proper distance and its a little bent from its previous incorrect position. I compared it to the driver side clamp and it looks correct now.

There is a small tear in the surface of the hose but I dont think it goes deep enough to compromise the hose integrity, you can see it just to the left of the clamp screw head. The other end of the hose connects to the intake air manifold that feeds the cold side of the turbo so my guess is its a vacuum line and not under a tremendous load.

o40iir.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners