Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The Incompetence is Astonishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, maybe having food stocked at the store is more important than delivering a high dollar performance vehicle. 🤷‍♂️

Agreed, @1Evil55 , though I might encourage @Quandary to think about it this way: Imagine each lucky charm had to come from a different supplier, all of them scatted throughout the globe in different countries with differing governments, commerce regulations, Covid protocols, and international trade agreements, before you could open the box.

How much luck do you think you'd have these days in getting a full box? Think they're shipping many Lucky Charms out of Ukraine? Russia? China?

Until you're assembling something as complex as an automobile which effectively cannot be vertically integrated, global supply chain disruptions are going to affect shipments. Its a simple fact of life in a global economy.
No @#%$&! purple horseshoes again! No wonder I haven't been lucky enough to get my car.

Apparently even Lucky Charms has logistics issues🤣... www.wsav.com/news/national-news/fda-investigating-complaints-lucky-charms-causes-gastrointestinal-issues/amp/

Not to go all Tall Steve and derail the thread, but I do like me Lucky Charms!!

To the general point of the thread, and I have posted this sentiment here before - what I find ludicrous is all of the complaining and finger pointing at the brands. Many of us do own our own companies and rely upon supply chains. Some industries allow for better backup plans than others.

For all of the poor people waiting 2 months, 6 months, 1 year + for a car - how about you trade position with the sales guy who probably has gone entire months without being able to deliver a single car to a customer? How about dealerships with high monthly expenses that cannot possibly sell enough cars in this market, even at full margins, to compare to what they normally do?

I'll entertain sentiments about communication, and how that can be improved. But would the bitching be any less if 1x per week your sales associate called you and said "sorry, your car is done but we still have not found a truck to deliver it" or "sorry, we still don't have a necessary chip to run it down the line". Would that weekly update lessen the general frustration felt by most?

Can't we all agree that these brands would LOVE to build and deliver every car on order as quickly as possible? We should all be grateful to be on the buying side and not the delivery side for automobiles in this market.
I promise you, no one in the car business, least in the selling of cars has been hurting these last couple years. The first few months of the pandemic was rough, but we adapted. Our store has set all time records the last year and a half with 1/10th of the new car inventory. Our sales people have made more money then ever, etc....

I work for a GM dealership so I have the luxury of being able to look at everything that my local Cadillac sees, with the exception of Vinview and I can 100% tell you that Cadillac sucks at logistics. Obviously its not comparing apples to apples, but how does a Corvette get built 3/18 and shows up at the dealership on 3/23. Corvette makes 200 cars a day, to I'm sure Lansing's more, but there is definitely room for improvement, Corvette should be the example.

If a car is built and its waiting on parts then so be it, but to be built and wait for 3+ months to ship? That doesn't make sense. It doesn't do any good to bitch about it on the internet, cause obviously there are greater tragedies in the world, but on a car enthusiast forum I think its to be expected.

A modern car has about 30,000 parts. If just one god damn bolt is missing, it can hold up a car. Stop your whining. If you find yourself having to walk to work because the car didn't arrive on its ETA, you have made a grave error on your part. If youve got an extra car, waiting more isn't going to kill you. I thought entitlement was limited to millennials?
Hey now...I grew up with nothing. Typical "single mom raising 3 kids" situation. I had to help put food on the table from age 11. :p The reason I'm in a position to get a car like this now is because I didn't want that for my kids and put things in motion to ensure that life could be enjoyed. But I'm not THAAAAT entitled. I feel blessed, honored, and excited to be able to order one of these cars. :)

I know, I know...you weren't talk to me directly, buuuttttt....lol

Because I have my cars now I have moved on to buy other cool stuff and I have to say it's very difficult purchasing other hard to get things right now also and not just Cadillac's.. Like I said once before, sometimes the chase is better than the acquisition, but I do LOVE the chase! There are a lot of true ballers on the forum and I bet they understand what I'm trying to say..

Because I have my cars now I have moved on to buy other cool stuff and I have to say it's very difficult purchasing other hard to get things right now also and not just Cadillac's.. Like I said once before, sometimes the chase is better than the acquisition, but I do LOVE the chase! There are a lot of true ballers on the forum and I bet they understand what I'm trying to say..
I feel like that's with everything in life. Doesn't matter if it's a new pair of shoes, new set of clubs, new watch, new flavor of sauce to go on the spicy nuggets...literally everything in life seems better before you obtain it. That said, I always focus more on making money than anything else lol. If you want to get my obsessed, tell me a new way to make money on the side. I live for it...

I feel like that's with everything in life. Doesn't matter if it's a new pair of shoes, new set of clubs, new watch, new flavor of sauce to go on the spicy nuggets...literally everything in life seems better before you obtain it. That said, I always focus more on making money than anything else lol. If you want to get my obsessed, tell me a new way to make money on the side. I live for it...
I like me some good sauce with my 10 piece McNuggets!

Here is my recent experience FWIW: I had a custom paint to sample 911 that was built latter part of December that sat at the port for about 7 weeks waiting for tire pressure monitors. That delay was enough to put it on the Felicity Ace that burned and sank. Porsche won't get me another for 14 months. Just advising these delays can be something small and yet still take significant time to resolve and ship. Bought a Blackwing in interim that was built 3/22 but still at factory. No complaints. First world problems

Here is my recent experience FWIW: I had a custom paint to sample 911 that was built latter part of December that sat at the port for about 7 weeks waiting for tire pressure monitors. That delay was enough to put it on the Felicity Ace that burned and sank. Porsche won't get me another for 14 months. Just advising these delays can be something small and yet still take significant time to resolve and ship. Bought a Blackwing in interim that was built 3/22 but still at factory. No complaints. First world problems
That sucks, and welcome to the forum!

I've never had a job in actual logistics. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate the complexity and modern marvel that is modern manufacturing. But when your own product hinges on hundreds or thousands of different suppliers, of which ALL of their parts have to arrive at the exact same time due to JIT manufacturing, and ALL affected by the pandemic one way or another, it doesn't take a genius to have some perspective in life, lest you start creating your own bubble of entitlement and karen-ness.

There seems to be a comprehension problem here. My post has nothing to do with the manufacturing of the vehicles. If you're vendors in China aren't providing the parts necessary for building the cars there isn't much you can do with the manufacturing process. There no alternatives for sourcing products. This of course raises many questions regarding management decisions in the past, however that's not the discussion here. The discussion raised here is an observation regarding the complete incompetence demonstrated by GM and Jack Cooper in their inability to ship completed vehicles. The lack of creativity, determination and problem solving skills is mind boggling. Its demonstrative of an organization that doesn't penalize mediocrity or reward excellence.

I find it ironic that when this incompetence is pointed out there are so many apologists here for GM. Its rings of the liberal media attacking those observers that pointed out the incompetence of Fauci, Birx et al. As for me I have plenty of cars. In fact I am in the process of selling 4 at the moment (if you can't wait for an LT4 send me and an email I have a 2017, 5,000 mile ZL1 I am moving along). Two have been sold, amazingly I had no problem getting them shipped.... So timing on the Blackwing is irrelevant to me. My individual desires have nothing to do with the observation as to the incompetence of GM/Jack Cooper.

Geez, it's not just a GM or JCT problem. It took me 2 months to get a car I sold shipped by a well known transporter. I didn't even consider incompetence. Things are just different these days. You just have to try to relax and deal with the current state of affairs while everyone is working out solutions.

Let me go on the record now and say I'm not a freaking libtard!!!!!!!!!! I'm just "trying" to be a little more patient with the world....

Attachments

• 271060320_229341802708516_9165824181851043223_n.jpg
    271060320_229341802708516_9165824181851043223_n.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 90
There seems to be a comprehension problem here. My post has nothing to do with the manufacturing of the vehicles. If you're vendors in China aren't providing the parts necessary for building the cars there isn't much you can do with the manufacturing process. There no alternatives for sourcing products. This of course raises many questions regarding management decisions in the past, however that's not the discussion here. The discussion raised here is an observation regarding the complete incompetence demonstrated by GM and Jack Cooper in their inability to ship completed vehicles. The lack of creativity, determination and problem solving skills is mind boggling. Its demonstrative of an organization that doesn't penalize mediocrity or reward excellence.

I find it ironic that when this incompetence is pointed out there are so many apologists here for GM. Its rings of the liberal media attacking those observers that pointed out the incompetence of Fauci, Birx et al. As for me I have plenty of cars. In fact I am in the process of selling 4 at the moment (if you can't wait for an LT4 send me and an email I have a 2017, 5,000 mile ZL1 I am moving along). Two have been sold, amazingly I had no problem getting them shipped.... So timing on the Blackwing is irrelevant to me. My individual desires have nothing to do with the observation as to the incompetence of GM/Jack Cooper.
The problem is that you are assuming the vehicles are complete. How do you KNOW that vehicles are completed and waiting to ship, and are not waiting on parts that GM has no direct control over? If the so-called GM apologists ring of the "liberal media", then blanket assumptions with no facts to back them up rings of the Trump traitors.
Oh, but wait you're right because you have "plenty of cars".

🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!