Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The Incompetence is Astonishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quandary

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Pause for a moment and consider the total incompetence of Cadillac and GM..... My car was manufactured on January 6 and has yet to be delivered. Think of Safeway, Kroger, King Super etc. Imagine if their suppliers were as incompetent as Cadillac/GM/Jack Cooper? We would all be starving. It's amazing that Amazon can keep delivering, the Costco warehouse's are full, Total Wine and More is stocked...... Surprises me every time I walk in to a store the the shelves are full, i expect them to be empty......they must not use Jack Cooper. And one more thing please no "but the supply chain" nonsense, other suppliers manage to get things shipped. This is nothing other than complete and total incompetence. Really makes you think about the quality of production if they can't even manage the logistics of shipping.

Last edited:
Any chance your car is simply waiting for something like a chip? I've seen pictures of many built cars parked and waiting a long time for some supply chain shortage.

A modern car has about 30,000 parts. If just one god damn bolt is missing, it can hold up a car. Stop your whining. If you find yourself having to walk to work because the car didn't arrive on its ETA, you have made a grave error on your part. If youve got an extra car, waiting more isn't going to kill you. I thought entitlement was limited to millennials?

A modern car has about 30,000 parts. If just one god damn bolt is missing, it can hold up a car. Stop your whining. If you find yourself having to walk to work because the car didn't arrive on its ETA, you have made a grave error on your part. If youve got an extra car, waiting more isn't going to kill you. I thought entitlement was limited to millennials?
^^^^ This

Apparently you've never had a management position or a meaningful job that required delivering results. If you had you'd comprehend the absurdity of your response.

Apparently you've never had a management position or a meaningful job that required delivering results. If you had you'd comprehend the absurdity of your response.
I've never had a job in actual logistics. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate the complexity and modern marvel that is modern manufacturing. But when your own product hinges on hundreds or thousands of different suppliers, of which ALL of their parts have to arrive at the exact same time due to JIT manufacturing, and ALL affected by the pandemic one way or another, it doesn't take a genius to have some perspective in life, lest you start creating your own bubble of entitlement and karen-ness.

Again want vs. need. GM isn't required to deliver everything at a certain time to anyone in public. Curious if when you go to grocery shop and they're out of Lucky Charms, do you raise all hell and wait at the store for the next delivery?

Agreed, @1Evil55 , though I might encourage @Quandary to think about it this way: Imagine each lucky charm had to come from a different supplier, all of them scatted throughout the globe in different countries with differing governments, commerce regulations, Covid protocols, and international trade agreements, before you could open the box.

How much luck do you think you'd have these days in getting a full box? Think they're shipping many Lucky Charms out of Ukraine? Russia? China?

Until you're assembling something as complex as an automobile which effectively cannot be vertically integrated, global supply chain disruptions are going to affect shipments. Its a simple fact of life in a global economy.

Agreed, @1Evil55 , though I might encourage @Quandary to think about it this way: Imagine each lucky charm had to come from a different supplier, all of them scatted throughout the globe in different countries with differing governments, commerce regulations, Covid protocols, and international trade agreements, before you could open the box.

How much luck do you think you'd have these days in getting a full box? Think they're shipping many Lucky Charms out of Ukraine? Russia? China?

Until you're assembling something as complex as an automobile which effectively cannot be vertically integrated, global supply chain disruptions are going to affect shipments. Its a simple fact of life in a global economy.
Talk is cheap. Instead of standing around and pointing fingers, if anyone here has all the answers and can do better, get yourself hired onto these multi-billion dollar companies as a consultant so you can solve their multi-billion dollar problem. If that's a reality check for you, then I suggest we all take a breather and calm ourselves and be patient.

Again want vs. need. GM isn't required to deliver everything at a certain time to anyone in public. Curious if when you go to grocery shop and they're out of Lucky Charms, do you raise all hell and wait at the store for the next delivery?
Not to go all Tall Steve and derail the thread, but I do like me Lucky Charms!!

To the general point of the thread, and I have posted this sentiment here before - what I find ludicrous is all of the complaining and finger pointing at the brands. Many of us do own our own companies and rely upon supply chains. Some industries allow for better backup plans than others.

For all of the poor people waiting 2 months, 6 months, 1 year + for a car - how about you trade position with the sales guy who probably has gone entire months without being able to deliver a single car to a customer? How about dealerships with high monthly expenses that cannot possibly sell enough cars in this market, even at full margins, to compare to what they normally do?

I'll entertain sentiments about communication, and how that can be improved. But would the bitching be any less if 1x per week your sales associate called you and said "sorry, your car is done but we still have not found a truck to deliver it" or "sorry, we still don't have a necessary chip to run it down the line". Would that weekly update lessen the general frustration felt by most?

Can't we all agree that these brands would LOVE to build and deliver every car on order as quickly as possible? We should all be grateful to be on the buying side and not the delivery side for automobiles in this market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop