Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New member. Placed an order for a 4BW late December.

almazing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23 4BW
New here. First Cadillac, first, GM car, and first American performance car. I had a Ford Focus ST and Fiesta ST in the past, but I consider those cars of European origin despite having a Ford badge. MSRP + document fee. I was able to talk the dealer in to removing the markup and dealer add-on package(markup with some stuff, total markup would have been $13000) and they agreed, but there are some stipulations for the deal. Like I have to trade something in(which I was planning to) and I have to finance through their lenders. Also, the deposit would be non-refundable. At this point, it's a commitment for me. I'm glad to be getting one for MSRP. If their lenders give me interest rates I'm not happy with, I'll refinance as soon as I can.

In addition, they had a 4BW for me to test drive the morning I came in, but in automatic. It's a generic dealer build. I came away very impressed. It's a lot smaller in person. The pictures make it look huge, and the proportions are classic RWD sedan. The wheels and tires sit outward more than a typical car which gives it a purposeful, sporty appearance. And while I couldn't beat on the test drive car, I can at least feel that it is 100% a driver's car. Everything related to the performance of the vehicle stood out to me. Throttle response was immediate. Brakes were strong, and the pedal feels great for a brake by wire setup. Steering stands above all, however. It's so precise and nicely weighed. I can just point it to where I need it to go. The steering wheel is also nice to hold. The magnetic dampers are holy shit levels of good. I test drove it in the stiffest settings for everything and it still felt comfortable. That's how you tune suspension on a performance track day car.

I am #1 on the list for allocations. They should be delivering another 4BW to a customer soon. So hopefully, my allocation will get picked up in the spring. Talking with the manager, he stated that there is a production constraint on the actual car and carbon fiber packages. Currently, NO 4BWs are being build right now. Their paperwork shows that the factory may restart production in April, but things can change for the better or for the worst. It's a waiting game at this point, but I'm happy to be 1st in line. If everything goes well, I hope to have it delivered by early fall.

Current build is:
6MT
Midnight Metallic
Bronze wheels
High performance synthetic/leather seat package
Tech package
PDR
Carbon package 1

I purposely chose a bare bones build because it will be a fun car which I will take to the track in the summer months. Not a fan of the extra safety sensing fluff so I chose to not add them. The HUD will suffice as a 'shift light' for track days. And I wish it came in more 'old man' colors like beige or green, so I can really lean in to the Cadillac stereotype as a grandpa car despite being in my mid-30s. I like the understated sleeper look. But the midnight metallic is probably the most 'grandpa' color, IMO. I would love the CF1 package because it's functional for track use, but due to constraints, I MAY need to skip it if things don't get better with suppliers. I hope that's not the case when my number comes up.

Anyway, I've been lurking for a while and it seems like this community is pretty tight knit and knowledgeable. And lacks the toxic nature of other car communities. I look forward to learning and contributing.

Talking with the manager, he stated that there is a production constraint on the actual car and carbon fiber packages. Currently, NO 4BWs are being build right now. Their paperwork shows that the factory may restart production in April, but things can change for the better or for the worst.
Say what?

Say what?

They showed me a spreadsheet of what vehicles are under production constraints. The 4BW as a whole was at 0% along with the CF 1 and 2 packages, with a projected time frame of April 2023 to restart production. The Escalade V is also under production constraints. I don't know if this also counts the fancy 4BW Track Editions. If not, then that could mean Cadillac is focusing on getting the Track Editions out the door before building vanilla 4BWs. If the spreadsheet counts the Track Editions, then it would appear that production is halted for all newly ordered 4BWs.

If you look at Cadillac's website about the Track Editions, it appears like they're planning the production of the Track Editions from October 2022 to March 2023. So the April timeline seems to add up and make sense, as far as vanilla 4BW production goes.

I don't feel that they'd have a reason to lie to me, and they were very transparent about the potential delays, especially when ordering one with CF packages. They even went as far to say that I may need to make a choice on whether or not I may need to pass on the CF package when the time comes to actually place my order. Or wait it out indefinitely.

I hope the supply side of things get better as the months go on.

If that's actually true maybe it'll give them a chance to finish the cars that have been in the goat pen for four months or more?

If that's actually true maybe it'll give them a chance to finish the cars that have been in the goat pen for four months or more?

I'd like to think that GM will finish the cars ordered prior to the Track Edition launch, but who knows? I'm only going by what the dealer has told me, and it is best taken with a grain of salt. I'll pry more about it when my allocation gets accepted to finalize my order, however long that is.

Welcome! FWIW, I just received a 4BW allocation in December and the targeted production week is 2/13/23. No CF packages though.

Welcome! FWIW, I just received a 4BW allocation in December and the targeted production week is 2/13/23. No CF packages though.

How long ago did you place a deposit with your dealer? So I have a rough idea of how long the wait is to receive an allocation.

Wait a minute. How was he given a targeted production week of 2/13/23 if production is halted until April? I'm confused! 😂

How long ago did you place a deposit with your dealer? So I have a rough idea of how long the wait is to receive an allocation.
My order was placed on 10/8/22 and the allocation was picked up on 12/13/22. I know it's a crap shoot, but from what I've seen on here it takes about 6 months from the time of order to receive your 4BW.

If I were in your shoes, I'd remove the CF1 package. It should speed things up and you could always purchase the aero bits later.

My order was placed on 10/8/22 and the allocation was picked up on 12/13/22. I know it's a crap shoot, but from what I've seen on here it takes about 6 months from the time of order to receive your 4BW.

If I were in your shoes, I'd remove the CF1 package. It should speed things up and you could always purchase the aero bits later.
You guys are both in for a long ride! I'm more than six months in and I don't see a new car arriving in my driveway anytime soon. It is what it is!

Wait a minute. How was he given a targeted production week of 2/13/23 if production is halted until April? I'm confused! 😂

Based on what I've been reading here, other sources, and what the dealer has told me, no one seems to REALLY know what the deal is. Including GM. I will just wait it out and when it comes, it comes. There isn't anything we can do to make GM build and deliver these cars faster. So a lot of us are in the same boat. This also goes for other sought after specialty vehicles in ALL price ranges. I'm also #4 on my dealer list for a GR Corolla and they haven't even delivered their first allocation yet. I talked to an Audi dealer about an RS3 but I would be #10 in line and they straight up told me to place a deposit and forget about it for about a year or more. Honda is the only one that seems to have gotten things right with the CTR launch as the cars were in dealer floors within a month or 2 of the official launch. And the CTRs are steadily trickling in as time goes on. But Honda dealers are the worst when it comes to markups.

Not a bad timeline. 2 months for an allocation. Once it gets picked up by GM, I get a chance to review my order and make changes if I feel that I need to. And pay the rest of the deposit. I hope the CF fiasco is better by then. Otherwise, I may just need to remove it.

I wish that were true but if it was I would be driving one right now
Sorry dude! I wish your experience was better and hope you'll be driving sooner than you think.

My dealer seems to think a March/April delivery is reasonable which would be right at 5 to 6 months. Time will tell though.

Sorry dude! I wish your experience was better and hope you'll be driving sooner than you think.

My dealer seems to think a March/April delivery is reasonable which would be right at 5 to 6 months. Time will tell though.
Yeah you may get lucky! Others have received their cars in fairly short order. Fingers crossed for you and me! 😂

New here. First Cadillac, first, GM car, and first American performance car. I had a Ford Focus ST and Fiesta ST in the past, but I consider those cars of European origin despite having a Ford badge. MSRP + document fee. I was able to talk the dealer in to removing the markup and dealer add-on package(markup with some stuff, total markup would have been $13000) and they agreed, but there are some stipulations for the deal. Like I have to trade something in(which I was planning to) and I have to finance through their lenders. Also, the deposit would be non-refundable. At this point, it's a commitment for me. I'm glad to be getting one for MSRP. If their lenders give me interest rates I'm not happy with, I'll refinance as soon as I can.

In addition, they had a 4BW for me to test drive the morning I came in, but in automatic. It's a generic dealer build. I came away very impressed. It's a lot smaller in person. The pictures make it look huge, and the proportions are classic RWD sedan. The wheels and tires sit outward more than a typical car which gives it a purposeful, sporty appearance. And while I couldn't beat on the test drive car, I can at least feel that it is 100% a driver's car. Everything related to the performance of the vehicle stood out to me. Throttle response was immediate. Brakes were strong, and the pedal feels great for a brake by wire setup. Steering stands above all, however. It's so precise and nicely weighed. I can just point it to where I need it to go. The steering wheel is also nice to hold. The magnetic dampers are holy shit levels of good. I test drove it in the stiffest settings for everything and it still felt comfortable. That's how you tune suspension on a performance track day car.

I am #1 on the list for allocations. They should be delivering another 4BW to a customer soon. So hopefully, my allocation will get picked up in the spring. Talking with the manager, he stated that there is a production constraint on the actual car and carbon fiber packages. Currently, NO 4BWs are being build right now. Their paperwork shows that the factory may restart production in April, but things can change for the better or for the worst. It's a waiting game at this point, but I'm happy to be 1st in line. If everything goes well, I hope to have it delivered by early fall.

Current build is:
6MT
Midnight Metallic
Bronze wheels
High performance synthetic/leather seat package
Tech package
PDR
Carbon package 1

I purposely chose a bare bones build because it will be a fun car which I will take to the track in the summer months. Not a fan of the extra safety sensing fluff so I chose to not add them. The HUD will suffice as a 'shift light' for track days. And I wish it came in more 'old man' colors like beige or green, so I can really lean in to the Cadillac stereotype as a grandpa car despite being in my mid-30s. I like the understated sleeper look. But the midnight metallic is probably the most 'grandpa' color, IMO. I would love the CF1 package because it's functional for track use, but due to constraints, I MAY need to skip it if things don't get better with suppliers. I hope that's not the case when my number comes up.

Anyway, I've been lurking for a while and it seems like this community is pretty tight knit and knowledgeable. And lacks the toxic nature of other car communities. I look forward to learning and contributing.
I would hardly call that a "bare bones" build - you added all the best features! Not sure there is extra safety stuff on a 6MT, unless it is a different package for 2023. Upgraded seats (I think yours are the higher level?), PDR, and tech package, all awesome. I love the bronze wheels and have them on my 5, Carbon 1 is great if you get it but the other options you ordered a must-have IMO. I briefly owned a 4 with most everything aside from carbon and sunroof.

Congrats and good luck, can't wait to see it!

I would hardly call that a "bare bones" build - you added all the best features! Not sure there is extra safety stuff on a 6MT, unless it is a different package for 2023. Upgraded seats (I think yours are the higher level?), PDR, and tech package, all awesome. I love the bronze wheels and have them on my 5, Carbon 1 is great if you get it but the other options you ordered a must-have IMO. I briefly owned a 4 with most everything aside from carbon and sunroof.

Congrats and good luck, can't wait to see it!

+1. I was scratching my head when I read that.

I probably could have used better words. What I really meant was options that I feel would enhance a track day experience, without all the fluff I don't need nor want.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back