Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout Tuning's CT4-V Blackwing Performance Packages Almost Complete

So just crank the boost to 23.5 lbs and every thing holds together with no other mods to the engine?

Mmmm well having been a track rat for 25 years and seeing all the issue in virtually every engine where this was the approach to increased power I am skeptical at best. Not to mention the warranty issues. But whatever, individual choice.

Mmmm well having been a track rat for 25 years and seeing all the issue in virtually every engine where this was the approach to increased power I am skeptical at best. Not to mention the warranty issues. But whatever, individual choice.
I put a Vortech blower on my BMW M Roadster in 2011 @60k miles(167whp gain). It's nearing 100k and has done track days and autoXs. The key is monitoring, good maintenance and state of tune. All of my Saabs have 200-300k and had nearly double the power they came with.

So just crank the boost to 23.5 lbs and every thing holds together with no other mods to the engine?
With proper fueling and tuning, this engine is an absolute monster. Honestly, it's one of the most impressive powerplants we've ever seen. From the factory it comes with a forged steel crankshaft, titanium connecting rods from Pankl (in all ATS-Vs and the CT4-V Blackwing M6s), six-bolt mains and coated engine bearings.

I will link below a list of 58 ATS-Vs we've tuned to 600 whp or higher over the last few years. We have done at least 100 others, that weren't dyno tuned. As others have mentioned in this thread, there are dozens of these LF4 engines in the 600 whp range with tens of thousands of miles on them. And most of the guys with this much power choose to enjoy it on a regular basis.

Last edited:
How has your fuel economy been after tuning/mods? Any massive loss or is it still ok enough to be a somewhat daily driver?

How has your fuel economy been after tuning/mods? Any massive loss or is it still ok enough to be a somewhat daily driver?
All my tuned cars, MPGs are fine, can be even better than stock. BUT the minute you dip into the increased boost your fuel economy will suffer lol.

Ok let’s get to the real question here!! if you have the same belt in bjj as the package you’re are purchasing is there a discount???
Ha ha. Best question yet! And I'm sure we can work something out on this...

When we turn the boost up, the engine is able to process much more air, which requires additional fuel. Driving normally at idle and cruise, fuel economy and drivability remain the same as stock. However, under boost you will burn more fuel. And it's absolutely worth it!

All of this sounds cool, but it scares the shit out of me! I've gone down the WHP rabbit hole before and for me don't care to go down it again, but the rest of you guys go for it and I will watch you have fun with your cars.......

With proper fueling and tuning, this engine is an absolute monster. Honestly, it's one of the most impressive powerplants we've ever seen. From the factory it comes with a forged steel crankshaft, titanium connecting rods from Pankl (in all ATS-Vs and the CT4-V Blackwing M6s), six-bolt mains and coated engine bearings.

I will link below a list of 58 ATS-Vs we've tuned to 600 whp or higher over the last few years. We have done at least 100 others, that weren't dyno tuned. As others have mentioned in this thread, there are dozens of these LF4 engines in the 600 whp range with tens of thousands of miles on them. And most of the guys with this much power choose to enjoy it on a regular basis.

Damn this is information I absolutely love.

I was going to wait until you posted a new completed thread with your package list on it but since you're already talking about stuff. I'm a bit confused on how you list your packages for the ATS-V compared to what I'm use to (BMW Tuners). Generally, tuners offer 3-5 tunes based off fuel with their software or software+hardware/license. Usually like a 91 or 91ACN, 93, e30, e50 etc. You can also pay for a custom map and then you'll be doing the log/send/remap until it's where you want it. Then there is obviously more past that but most people stop at a DP with e blend and something like a Fuel It.

Bare with me here as I'm going to be a bit critical. =]

On your packages, it just states 93 oct for all of them and you have a large whp variable for the tune's description. Why is there no e blend map for the base line package for those that want to run e30 or e50? The other thing that's confusing is that the packages have descriptions like 500-550whp. But when you load up the page for that package it doesn't have anything labeled to show why you have such a large variance. Or if there is an optional part there is no information on that page as to what it offers. You have to click that odd little link next to the name to go somewhere else to try and figure out any relevant information about that optional item.

Also, I can't believe you haven't had people email you about this but you have spark plugs as part of every package on the ATS-V. You make it so the user has to select what plug they want for the boost they are running but you don't actually list what boost the package is running anywhere. How are they suppose to know? You can't add the package to the cart without selecting one. At the same time, why are you forcing the buyer to pick a plug when the package the plug is part of will dictate the appropriate plug. It should just be set automatically.

I was going to wait until you posted a new completed thread with your package list on it but since you're already talking about stuff. I'm a bit confused on how you list your packages for the ATS-V compared to what I'm use to (BMW Tuners). Generally, tuners offer 3-5 tunes based off fuel with their software or software+hardware/license. Usually like a 91 or 91ACN, 93, e30, e50 etc. You can also pay for a custom map and then you'll be doing the log/send/remap until it's where you want it. Then there is obviously more past that but most people stop at a DP with e blend and something like a Fuel It.

On your packages, it just states 93 oct for all of them and you have a large whp variable for the tune's description. Why is there no e blend map for the base line package for those that want to run e30 or e50? The other thing that's confusing is that the packages have descriptions like 500-550whp. But when you load up the page for that package it doesn't have anything labeled to show why you have such a large variance. Or if there is an optional part there is no information on that page as to what it offers. You have to click that odd little link next to the name to go somewhere else to try and figure out any relevant information about that optional item.

Also, I can't believe you haven't had people email you about this but you have spark plugs as part of every package on the ATS-V. You make it so the user has to select what plug they want for the boost they are running but you don't actually list what boost the package is running anywhere. How are they suppose to know? You can't add the package to the cart without selecting one. At the same time, why are you forcing the buyer to pick a plug when the package the plug is part of will dictate the appropriate plug. It should just be set automatically.
From what I had previously gathered, these are not the type of multi stage tunes you'd see on the BMW's or MkV supras. These will be custom dyno tunes for each different vehicle. And one of the factors for that tune is what fuel is available in your area or to the specific buyer. Be in 91oc, e30/40/60/85/90.

I appreciate your input, and can offer a few comments...

First, our Blackwing Performance Packages are going to differ somewhat from the ATS-V ones. We don't have anywhere near as much tuning ability on this platform, so the mod choices and available options will be more streamlined.

Second, we will make it very clear what power levels to expect for each package when running the different fuel types. This is already prepared, but we want to finalize a few more production details before we release all the information.

Third, of course we will include the best spark plug type, heat range and gap with each package.

First, our Blackwing Performance Packages are going to differ somewhat from the ATS-V ones. We don't have anywhere near as much tuning ability on this platform, so the mod choices and available options will be more streamlined.

Second, we will make it very clear what power levels to expect for each package when running the different fuel types. This is already prepared, but we want to finalize a few more production details before we release all the information.

Third, of course we will include the best spark plug type, heat range and gap with each package.
Is it safe to assume a Cali legal tune is a snowballs chance in hell?

I think that's your way of confirming the Blackwings ECU wont be cracked anytime soon and so we have piggybacks as the tuning option. :p

Is it safe to assume a Cali legal tune is a snowballs chance in hell?
I don't see why our White Belt Performance Package won't work in Caifornia. For Blue, Purple and Brown, I'd recommend residing in a different state.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back