Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Beautiful CT4-V Blackwing Powerbands

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
This week we completed CT4-V Blackwing Blue and Purple Belt Performance Packages in house, tuning with the newly released HP Tuners access to the Global B ECMs.

First chart below is a Blue Belt running 93-octane pump gas. Notice that our tunes don’t just hit the peak power number for 50 or 100 rpm. The Blue Belt carries 500 plus whp all the way from 4,800 rpm to red line.

CT4-V Blackwing Blue Belt - 531 whp.jpg

Second chart is Purple Belt with ethanol fuel blend. Note the 600 plus whp from 5,200 to 5,900 rpm, right in the meat of the power band. At WOT, it pulls HARD and non-stop.

CT4-V Blackwing Purple Belt - 608 whp.jpg

No other tuning company comes close to the LF4 knowledge and experience of Tapout, and that’s why our powerbands are simply the best. Please shoot us an email at Sales@TapoutTuning.com if you'd like to experience a powerband like these.

Amazing results!

Any idea what 91 octane would yield?

Also, how does remote tuning work with HP Tuners? Is it a matter of running datalogs while doing 3rd gear pulls and emailing them to you guys for revisions?

Also curious about your confidence in pumping out a reliable 91oct track tune for day long sessions.

Amazing results!

Any idea what 91 octane would yield?

Also, how does remote tuning work with HP Tuners? Is it a matter of running datalogs while doing 3rd gear pulls and emailing them to you guys for revisions?
91-octane will be 20 to 40 whp less, depending on the fuel quality.

We can do an excellent job remote tuning Blackwings, since they have dual wideband oxygen sensors from the factory. The process begins by ordering one of our remote tunes. Then we send over detailed remote tune instructions. First, you'll remove and ship your ECM to HP Tuners for unlocking. They advertise a three to five day turnaround, but all have been done within two days since they went public with this. Once your unlocked ECM is returned, you can start driving the car again. At that point, you'll email the stock tune file to us, we'll make edits and email back. You'll flash the new tune to the car and get a data scan. We'll go back and forth two to four times until you love how the car feels and we love how the data reads.

Also curious about your confidence in pumping out a reliable 91oct track tune for day long sessions.
It's totally fine, as long as your car is tuned for that fuel.

Do we still have to change the spark plugs for these 'unlocked ecu' tunes? That's one of the less palatable aspects of these tunes to be honest.
Yes, any time boost is increased on any car, it's always best to run colder spark plugs with smaller gaps. Changing spark plugs on these engines is tedious the first time you do it. After that, it's not really bad at all.

Yes, any time boost is increased on any car, it's always best to run colder spark plugs with smaller gaps. Changing spark plugs on these engines is tedious the first time you do it. After that, it's not really bad at all.
Does it shorten the change interval too? If they get close to OE life, that's fine.

It seems like the JB4s were eating spark plugs and would need replacement once a year; that's a pain in the ass to have to change them that frequently. I would think/hope now with full ECM access it wouldn't be a 15k change interval.

Is it possible to see a dyno chart of jb4 blue belt versus HP tuners blue belt? Just curious how the full tuning has helped the mid range at various stages.

Does it shorten the change interval too? If they get close to OE life, that's fine.

It seems like the JB4s were eating spark plugs and would need replacement once a year; that's a pain in the ass to have to change them that frequently. I would think/hope now with full ECM access it wouldn't be a 15k change interval.
Any time boost is increased you should run colder spark plugs with smaller gaps. And aftermarket racing spark plugs aren't designed to last 50,000 miles. So unfortanately, tuning via HP Tuners will not change how long spark plugs will last.

Is it possible to see a dyno chart of jb4 blue belt versus HP tuners blue belt? Just curious how the full tuning has helped the mid range at various stages.
Every car is slightly different, and we haven't overlaid JB4 and HP Tuners on the same car yet. However, you can see all of our dyno charts here:

@WONT TAP what about a tune that walks us right to the edge…I’d sacrifice ultimate performance for a tune that allows us to keep the stock spark plugs…? It’s one of the main reasons your intake is so appealing 👌

Last edited:
Yes, you can continue running stock plugs, with two caveats...

First, the factory gap specification is .030 to .035", which is too wide for the increased cylinder pressure that higher boost numbers provide. So at a minimum, you should remove the factory plugs and reduce the gaps down to .027".

Second, factory plugs are a higher heat range, which is ideal for fuel economy, smooth idle, etc. However, hotter spark plugs will cause pre-ignition at higher boost levels. So if you want to turn the boost up very much, you should really be running a colder plug.

@WONT TAP I just bought a used JB4 and I don't know if it originated from you or Burger...are your maps any different from theirs? If so, is it possible to purchase your maps and install them on this unit? Thanks!

@WONT TAP I had a question on switching fuel types for the 4BW specifically. Assuming we tune with you using HP tuners & have the fueling capacity to run up to E40/50ish blends (which should just be the fuel cam correct?), are we simply rewriting using vcm editor depending on what fuel we want to run on that particular tank of gas, or is there a flex fuel sensor available. I want to eventually switch between 91, 93,100 & whatever E mixes a fuel cam only, can handle. Or does it make more sense to stick with a specific E mix & not deviate from that? Thanks in advance!

@WONT TAP I just bought a used JB4 and I don't know if it originated from you or Burger...are your maps any different from theirs? If so, is it possible to purchase your maps and install them on this unit? Thanks!
Please email me directly at ScottC@TapoutTuning.com, and I'll forward all our recommended settings.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back