Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout Tuning's CT4-V Blackwing Performance Packages Almost Complete

Honestly, the new GM stuff with Global B may never be cracked the conventional way.
I heard that its because GM doesnt want black hats to cut the brakes while someone is driving down the road. I dont think its because they dont want people to modify them because then they arent liable if you break it. I honestly would like it if when you ordered these cars you could opt out of having internet built in so you could tune it easily.

I heard that its because GM doesnt want black hats to cut the brakes while someone is driving down the road. I dont think its because they dont want people to modify them because then they arent liable if you break it. I honestly would like it if when you ordered these cars you could opt out of having internet built in so you could tune it easily.
That's part of it. The other, is because cars are becoming so software based, they almost require the ability now to obtain real time updates from the manufacturer. Just like how your Windows 11 will update itself once or twice a week on your PC.

Honestly, the new GM stuff with Global B may never be cracked the conventional way.
Agreed.

From memory the cars ECU checks in remotely, kind of like a rolling changing code.

When I
Regarding piggybacks, is that something we can just remove before going to the dealership and leaves no trace?
When I had a newer BMW, I had a JB4 piggy back tune and that was part of the appeal. A couple of connectors to unclip and it was back to stock. Took less than 5 minutes.

Piggy backs don't hide anything anymore. If your concern is warranty related then you are just as exposed as with a flash tune.

I know
That's part of it. The other, is because cars are becoming so software based, they almost require the ability now to obtain real time updates from the manufacturer. Just like how your Windows 11 will update itself once or twice a week on your PC.
I know a guy that works in that department at gm and he was telling me about the push in west virginia to make those updates illegal. That they want to force you to go to the dealer. I think its because its just the first step to avoid going to the dealer in the first place.

I know

I know a guy that works in that department at gm and he was telling me about the push in west virginia to make those updates illegal. That they want to force you to go to the dealer. I think its because its just the first step to avoid going to the dealer in the first place.
That's the whole Right To Repair debate isn't it? Didn't Maine just pass legislation that barred manufacturers from preventing ownings repairing their own vehicles?

You can always choose to wear a foil hat.

1649431121293.png

I really, really hate how every damn thing in this world is moving towards "Internet of Things" crap. I'd like to still have some semblance of privacy. At least give me a choice!
I know right, when I look up crap on the interweb I get all kind of ads from websites I visit..... Like right now ads for fat girls are at the bottom of this page....... Come on man!

Last edited:
I know right, when I look up crap on the interweb I get all kind of ads from websites I visit..... Like right now ads for fat girls are at the bottom of this page....... Come on man!
I dunno. I've got St. Jude's hospital at the bottom of mind right now. I guess Rob's ads are based on your browsing history. :thumb

I dunno. I've got St. Jude's hospital at the bottom of mind right now. I guess Rob's ads are based on your browsing history. :thumb
You might be surprised what all you can find in the ol' intarwebz. I remember one of the first big dare's that opened my eyes pretty big: two girls one cup

What can I say, I have a watch disease..... I put this one on at lunch time but had my sales girl put it back because I don't want to end up in the dog house this weekend...
IMG_4907.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners