Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout Catted Downpipes installed

MattH

Seasoned Member
Was able to install on Saturday, fit and finish was great. No Cel light etc...

I'll try to get some better video/audio in the next week or so, drivebys etc....

Imo I'd say they're about 50% louder then stock fully open, but you can definitely hear the turbos now.

IMG_6198.JPGIMG_6199.JPGIMG_6204.JPGIMG_6205.JPG

Was able to install on Saturday, fit and finish was great. No Cel light etc...

I'll try to get some better video/audio in the next week or so, drivebys etc....

Imo I'd say they're about 50% louder then stock fully open, but you can definitely hear the turbos now.

View attachment 12221View attachment 12222View attachment 12223View attachment 12224

How was the bending of the transmission lines, that part has me a little spooked and can you post an update after 200 miles on whether the cel light comes on?

How was the bending of the transmission lines, that part has me a little spooked and can you post an update after 200 miles on whether the cel light comes on?
I don't think it was that bad. My Master tech did pretty much everything. He said the hardest part was getting to the o2 sensor underneath the car. It took him about 2 hours, it would have taken me double.....I don't have the patience.

I'll definitely update after a couple hundred miles.

Sounds great Matt. Glad you love them!

1) Do you feel a bump in performance?
2) Does the car smell like raw fuel in traffic/idling?
1. The turbo makes boost/spools quicker, as far as performance? I think without a tune the gains are minimal, Scott might be able to confirm? If I had to guess, 5- 10 hp? I feel there is an increase in throttle response, not sure how much "quicker" it makes the car.

2. No smell, these are catted so was hoping to avoid any smells etc...they delivered.

It's possible the turbos spool a little quicker. However, the ECM will still limit power to stock numbers, unless you let us tune the car. The primary benefits without tuning are the better sounding exhaust and real turbo sounds. With tuning, we can really start turning up the power for you. :)

After about 100 miles and about 10 cycles got an email from Onstar saying there was an issue with the emission system. Where my wheel sits I didn't even notice the cel on my way home from work yesterday. Sure enough it was on this morning. Hopefully, like Shiftdown mine will go away after a few miles.

After about 100 miles and about 10 cycles got an email from Onstar saying there was an issue with the emission system. Where my wheel sits I didn't even notice the cel on my way home from work yesterday. Sure enough it was on this morning. Hopefully, like Shiftdown mine will go away after a few miles.
Keep us posted, I wish we had more transparency in how the ecm reacts, also I wonder if perhaps the light goes off but the code is present? Probably not but re-learning seems not likely either. We need this ecm cracked!!!

I had the same problem with the steering wheel blocking visibility of the CEL. Really poor design for something so important.

Did the light go away?

@MattH, we have logged hundreds of miles with the EPA catted downpipes and never set any DTCs. So you may want to check your DTC to see what the code is. We do offer HP Tuners that will do some limited data scanning and read powertrain DTCs on Global B cars.

I do have the mini cat's on my car which may help the ecu adjust.

1) Do you feel a bump in performance?
2) Does the car smell like raw fuel in traffic/idling?
With the non-catted downpipes I got around 10whp in the low range and 10-12whp in the last 1000 revs. But all the mid range is the same as the nanny ECU controls the power by pulled back boost.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back