Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Stolen CT4- V Blackwing

Bryan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS V, 2022 CT4 Blackwing
Hey Rob,

My dealer called me today cause a 4BW was stolen and the NJ State police wanted to see an actual 4BW to see how they could attach a GPS and other details about the car.
I said that the officers could come to my house and check it out as long as they bring a officer my town too. They just came and were very nice and took pics and asked questions. Its was a very strange request to come check out my car but I'm always happy to help. I got the gist of the story from the officers, although I don't think its proper to post any details since its an open investigation.
I was hoping maybe you could send me a list of all the vin numbers for CT4 BW with following specs so I can forward to the NJ State police?
Black Raven, Black rims, full carbon fiber packages

That's a thought that rambled thru my brain a while ago. Are Blackwings going to become like Hellcats and be stolen like crazy? Makes ya wonder

Hey Rob,

My dealer called me today cause a 4BW was stolen and the NJ State police wanted to see an actual 4BW to see how they could attach a GPS and other details about the car.
I said that the officers could come to my house and check it out as long as they bring a officer my town too. They just came and were very nice and took pics and asked questions. Its was a very strange request to come check out my car but I'm always happy to help. I got the gist of the story from the officers, although I don't think its proper to post any details since its an open investigation.
I was hoping maybe you could send me a list of all the vin numbers for CT4 BW with following specs so I can forward to the NJ State police?
Black Raven, Black rims, full carbon fiber packages
I have all the VINS of all Blackwings built, BUT a couple things:

1. I'm about a week and a half behind on updating the Registry, but I'm working on catching up every day. So I don't have VINS for those built recently, but I will.

2. I am not just going to hand over VINs to just anyone. I am more than willing to work with local and state law enforcement in any way I can, but law enforcement is the only entity that I will release VINs to unless it is the owner of the car such as some of you have asked me to do.

If I had more details, I'm willing to post an FYI article here on the site as well as social media outlets. The more people aware, the more helpful it could be to law enforcement in locating the car.

Did they activate OnStar and get help from OnStar in locating the car?

Last edited:
Something else just occurred to me...the dealership should have the VIN of the car stolen???

Another thought - using the Registry's search feature - you can whittle down how many CT4-V Blackwings were built with specific options and then looking at each profile, you can see the last 8 digits of the VIN.

That's a thought that rambled thru my brain a while ago. Are Blackwings going to become like Hellcats and be stolen like crazy? Makes ya wonder
The NJ officer also knew about the dummy keys at ports where the cars are stolen later on. It was a very interesting and bizarre afternoon to say the least.
I have all the VINS of all Blackwings built, BUT a couple things:

1. I'm about a week and a half behind on updating the Registry, but I'm working on catching up every day. So I don't have VINS for those built recently, but I will.

2. I am not just going to hand over VINs to just anyone. I am more than willing to work with local and state law enforcement in any way I can, but law enforcement is the only entity that I will release VINs to unless it is the owner of the car such as some of you have asked me to do.

If I had more details, I'm willing to post an FYI article here on the site as well as social media outlets. The more people aware, the more helpful it could be to law enforcement in locating the car.

Did they activate OnStar and get help from OnStar in locating the car?
Thanks for you're response, I totally understand. I'm going to text the officer now to see if he still wants them. If you're willing maybe you too can talk. If you don't want to, I understand its a hassle lmk. Thanks again Rob

Actually....another thought... 🤣

Just about every Blackwing built - has a Window Sticker in the Registry profile which shows the VIN.

The NJ officer also knew about the dummy keys at ports where the cars are stolen later on. It was a very interesting and bizarre afternoon to say the least.

Thanks for you're response, I totally understand. I'm going to text the officer now to see if he still wants them. If you're willing maybe you too can talk. If you don't want to, I understand its a hassle lmk. Thanks again Rob
They're more than welcome to contact me.

I have been working on updating the Registry with the latest CT5-Vs built, and I haven't finished. I'll stop and move on to the CT4-Vs and try to get those updated ASAP.

Actually....another thought... 🤣

Just about every Blackwing built - has a Window Sticker in the Registry profile which shows the VIN.
Makes sense, honestly I'm not sure why they needed to see my car. The whole thing was very bizarre, however it was my dealer who called me, who I trust. The officer was a Hackensack Police officer who's in charge of stolen cars working the case for NJ State Police, plus he brought a lieutenant from my town's police force.

Rob, if you're willing here's his contact info; Anthony 201-621-1644.

U think they were lying to you and were getting Intel? Now they know who has the only blackwing in town. Looks like you won't be getting away with any more of those midnight drifts on the way to grandma's house(at least that's your story when they pull you over ha), anytime soon

Last edited:
I cannot fathom law enforcement expecting an ordinary citizen to miraculously obtain all VINs and hand them over -doing all the leg work. These guys sound incompetent.

Last edited:
How incompetent and intrusive could cops be? Hey L-T we needed to go to a guys house to look at the same sh*t that has been out for a couple years and is posted all over the internet. To be honest, I think they were lying to you and were getting Intel. Now they know who has the only blackwing in town, so you won't be getting away with any midnight drifts on the way to grandma's house, anytime soon
Actually, I worked with Anthony and spoke to him that night after Bryan posted this thread.

There was legitimate reasons why they wanted to see another Blackwing...a model that just started getting built in July of this year. As you're aware, there's not many on the road

Also, fk the police. You should have had them meet you at a donut shop and never showed up. And each time they called you asking where you're at, you just kept telling them you're 5 mins away
Part of the problem these days, is the ever growing number of armchair quarterbacks....when we don't understand something we just simply attack and call people "fucking idiots".

I happen to have a lot of friends in law enforcement, and it's your attitude that makes their jobs more difficult.

Why don't you go get a job as a cop and show us all how it should be done.

What the fuck!?

Part of the problem these days, is the ever growing number of armchair quarterbacks....when we don't understand something we just simply attack and call people "fucking idiots".

I happen to have a lot of friends in law enforcement, and it's your attitude that makes their jobs more difficult.

What the fuck!?
I sure as heck would love to try if the DAs start prosecuting the bad apples. Policing ain't what it used to be and until the public starts holding government accountable, nothing will change. (For example, an officer jumping in front of a moving vehicle only to setup his/her defense that they were in fear of their life so they had to do a mag dump on the driver and kill all the occupants inside.

Last edited:
There wouldn't have been a mob today if DAs would have started prosecuting the bad apples a long time ago.

What the fuck!?
Couldn't have said it better myself, bottom line the police asked for my help and I was more than happy to.

I wasn't sure if it was right to ask you for the vins but when the officer said he couldn't obtain them I immediately thought of you. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if it helps get a thief off the road who was speeding around towns endangering citizens. The officer said he was chasing the thief early that day, but when the chase hit dangerous speeds he had to stop the pursuit cause of safety issues.

Thank you Rob for your help

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners