Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Steering Feel/Setting

E90076

Just picked up my 5BW over the weekend. Love the car but find the steering a bit odd. Sport mode has a rubbery element to it as the vehicle transitions from parking lot speeds to road speed where it adds some weight but not much feel. Track mode seems to have the most feel but that could be placebo effect from the heaviness…which is bordering too heavy for daily driving. Interestingly the manual seems to contradict itself on the same page (see insert). Wondering if anyone knows what the press release, or other materials, state on getting the best steering feel. Understand it’s all subjective but would be interesting to know what the engineers had intended.

Also thinking my alignment may be a bit off from the factory - at least seems that way from the drivers seat. Considering switching over to the track alignment since I don’t put too many miles on the car and seems that would return the best steering setup. Would be interested to hear other’s thoughts!

Attachments

• D9E2A3A8-5F80-4F8C-B0BE-6FCC9B92D7DA.jpeg
    D9E2A3A8-5F80-4F8C-B0BE-6FCC9B92D7DA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
Interesting topic.

On my 4BW I have settled on Sport for daily driving. I prefer the effort in Track, but the feedback feels like a video game controller. When I do Spring Mountain in June I'll experiment to see whether the Track setting is preferable on an actual Track.

The My Mode settings I am using now:
Steering: Sport
Suspension: Tour
Brake Feel: Track
Engine Sound: Tour or Sport, depending on my mood

I've moved back to Tour on my 4 awhile ago. The Sport and Track settings have a weird loading and unload of resistance in certain situations for daily driving. It's mostly gone in the Tour setting.

I've moved back to Tour on my 4 awhile ago. The Sport and Track settings have a weird loading and unload of resistance in certain situations for daily driving. It's mostly gone in the Tour setting.

Couldn’t agree more. We have electric steering assist, and unfortunately it provides zero feel. Sport and track just add artificial weight while not giving back any feel. I drive in tour as well.

I just set MyMode and have everything the middle (steering, brake, suspension) but have engine noise to full. Thats the perfect setting for both my 4BW and 5BW.

At 1000+ miles now I've begun to notice the difference more. Tour mode the car drives like a honda rental. Track feels far too heavy for daily driving.

I only really use Tour when leaving the neighborhood or when I have passengers. I leave it in V-mode when I drive solo. Steering medium, brakes medium, suspension track, and exhaust allllll the way up - wish the 4BW was a little bit louder but I'll continue to wait for the aftermarket to make something.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back