Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For your amusement

ukcats12

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
Here's another G80 M3 owner realizing how good the BWs are.

For those that don't want to click:

So, my buddy owns a 2023 manual CT4 Black Wing, and I had the chance to drive it on a track last week. He got the car for 93k CAD, (fully loaded) compared to mine, which is a 2022 G80 M3C xDrive with carbon ceramic brakes. We both drove each other’s cars, and man is there a difference on the track.. Sure, my M3 is a lot quicker, but the steering on the BW was just insanely good. The transmission, the chassis, the overall driving feel .. I haven’t owned that many cars, but I could easily tell how numb my G80’s steering was compared to the BW. It was just a lot less engaging. What do you guys think? Am I overreacting? I really find it baffling that I paid a lot more for a car that is not nearly as fun..
Last sentence makes me laugh. I guess that's what you get when you get obsessed with a badge.

do-you-believe-now-deion-sanders.gif

Last sentence makes me laugh. I guess that's what you get when you get obsessed with a badge.
In his/her defense, as a long-time BMW owner myself (but not badge-obsessed) I bought the M4 instead of the BW simply because I was able to actually obtain the BMW at a discount off of MSRP. When the BW first came out, it was impossible to even get a reply to an inquiry, much less order or buy one. Now there are a few here and there, available for sale, usually at a premium, and so some of us are finally able to explore our options. As I did in August.

And yes, my BW is much better in nearly every regard* over the BMW, albeit much more expensive, but I still have no regrets.

* - two ways that the BMW is superior: I can read and respond to text messages in the infotainment system (when it hasn't forgotten my phone) and I can change the music on my USB device without stopping the car. Trivial things, compared to the overall enjoyment of driving.

In his/her defense, as a long-time BMW owner myself (but not badge-obsessed) I bought the M4 instead of the BW simply because I was able to actually obtain the BMW at a discount off of MSRP. When the BW first came out, it was impossible to even get a reply to an inquiry, much less order or buy one. Now there are a few here and there, available for sale, usually at a premium, and so some of us are finally able to explore our options. As I did in August.

And yes, my BW is much better in nearly every regard* over the BMW, albeit much more expensive, but I still have no regrets.

* - two ways that the BMW is superior: I can read and respond to text messages in the infotainment system (when it hasn't forgotten my phone) and I can change the music on my USB device without stopping the car. Trivial things, compared to the overall enjoyment of driving.
Huh, I can have text messages read to me and I can respond to them via voice w/Android Auto.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back