Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Spring Mountain V Academy

CT5-V Model
Yea stock brake fluid doesn't go very far , even the 2019 up performance cars from GM has a low grade DOT 4 , the best thing to do is swap it out for Castrol SRF and you will be golden . The carbon brakes look good but don't hold up well under a lot of track use , if you plan on tracking this car very much the steel brakes are a better option .
Yes, I just figured one "easy" session on my '12 V would be fine on the stock fluid and pads, but I have a really hard time driving "easy." :D

Anyway, I run SRF in all my track cars regularly. That stuff is worth it's weight in gold. I did have good luck with the carbon brakes on my ZR1 doing several years of track events and only swapping the rotors once (went through a bunch of pads and the wear increased each set of pads as the carbon disc wore down). Price was $5k or so ordered online for a full set of replacement Brembo Carbon Ceramics. This was maybe 5 years ago, so I'm sure prices have gone up. But, compared to carbon brakes for Porsche, Ferrari, etc., $5k was downright reasonable I thought.

I wonder how they are going to work this with the 4 and 5s. Will there be car specific classes? Can you make sure you get the same car you own?

I wonder how they are going to work this with the 4 and 5s. Will there be car specific classes? Can you make sure you get the same car you own?
Honestly, I hope they let us drive both. When I did a Cadillac V Academy thing at COTA (pretty cool event for $1k), we got to flog the CTS-V and ATS-V on the 3.4 mile course and then competed in an autocross with the ATS-V (more bragging from me, but I won the event against 100+ other people and even beat the instructor reference lap time which they said was the first time that had happened. haha).

Anyway, I actually enjoyed tossing the ATS-V around more. The LT4 is a better engine for sure and I love the CTS-V, but the ATS was more nimble/agile. I still bought a 5BW versus a 4BW because I want another supercharged V8 strapped to a manual, plus a little bit bigger car for around town.

Honestly, I hope they let us drive both. When I did a Cadillac V Academy thing at COTA (pretty cool event for $1k), we got to flog the CTS-V and ATS-V on the 3.4 mile course and then competed in an autocross with the ATS-V (more bragging from me, but I won the event against 100+ other people and even beat the instructor reference lap time which they said was the first time that had happened. haha).

Anyway, I actually enjoyed tossing the ATS-V around more. The LT4 is a better engine for sure and I love the CTS-V, but the ATS was more nimble/agile. I still bought a 5BW versus a 4BW because I want another supercharged V8 strapped to a manual, plus a little bit bigger car for around town.
@ COTA it was V LAB a 1 day class the V ACADEMY @ SPRING MOUNTAIN will be a 2 day class and you will drive a car like you purchase unless you purchase the class yourself , i.e. if you have a CT4 V BLACKWING you will drive that model , they usually have enough cars on hand if you bought an auto or manual you will drive a car like yours .

@ COTA it was V LAB a 1 day class the V ACADEMY @ SPRING MOUNTAIN will be a 2 day class and you will drive a car like you purchase unless you purchase the class yourself , i.e. if you have a CT4 V BLACKWING you will drive that model , they usually have enough cars on hand if you bought an auto or manual you will drive a car like yours .
I'm taking my son with me and paying for his so hopefully he can drive a 5BW too...

Yes, it was called V-Lab at COTA and it was a one-day deal. Actually, the track driving (if you have track experience) was way too watered down. I was pinned behind a lead/follow thing on the 3.4 course. Frustrating when you're used to driving COTA at full-tilt in a track car. The autocross was fun, but short though.

Yeah, with my C6 ZR1 school at Spring Mountain (many moons ago), it was a two-day course with an option of paying for a 3rd day which was a lot of lapping/track time. The 3rd day was worth every penny to buy. Hope they offer a 3rd day option with the Blackwing school too.

I'm fine with running just a 5BW, but it'd be cool to be able to try out a 4BW too.

Yes, it was called V-Lab at COTA and it was a one-day deal. Actually, the track driving (if you have track experience) was way too watered down. I was pinned behind a lead/follow thing on the 3.4 course. Frustrating when you're used to driving COTA at full-tilt in a track car. The autocross was fun, but short though.

Yeah, with my C6 ZR1 school (many moons ago), it was a two-day course with an option of paying for a 3rd day which was a lot of lapping/track time. The 3rd day was worth every penny to buy. Hope they offer a 3rd day option with the Blackwing school too.

I'm fine with running just a 5BW, but it'd be cool to be able to try out a 4BW too.
They no longer offer any 3 day classes @ SPRING MOUNTAIN , but they do have advanced classes in C8 Corvettes , the best thing to do is start talking with other students when you arrive and try to group with them , the staff and instructors are really good about grouping people with track experience together . Just tell Rick Malone you are there to drive and not to learn how to operate the radio .

I'm taking my son with me and paying for his so hopefully he can drive a 5BW too...
It is fun chasing your son around the track , but later they learn to chase you , then you say that's my boy . My son started going to S.M. when he was 13 and started driving there when he was 16 now he is 24 , it great to see them evolve into talented drivers with good habits .

It is fun chasing your son around the track , but later they learn to chase you , then you say that's my boy . My son started going to S.M. when he was 13 and started driving there when he was 16 now he is 24 , it great to see them evolve into talented drivers with good habits .
My son is 21 now and really looking forward to going..

You and your son enjoying this type event together is awesome! I get to see that at work and they are usually really good classes to be on. I would really like to experience this with my dad and my son….. just have to wait a few years.

Let me know if you find out pricing on this ahead of time. I was planning on bringing a friend as the +1, but doesn't seem much fun if he can't participate in anything.

You and your son enjoying this type event together is awesome! I get to see that at work and they are usually really good classes to be on. I would really like to experience this with my dad and my son….. just have to wait a few years.
We are really looking forward to it.... I have not told my son yet that my delivery was bumped up.. He is excited as well!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back