Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Spring Mountain V Academy

CT5-V Model

foot 1

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
08 XLRV 2016 CTSV 2022 CT5V BLACKWING
Are there any track junkies here looking forward to the V Academy @ Spring Mountain , we need to see if they will do an advanced class for people with some track experience or repeat offenders @ Spring Mountain.

Are there any track junkies here looking forward to the V Academy @ Spring Mountain , we need to see if they will do an advanced class for people with some track experience or repeat offenders @ Spring Mountain.
Funny you should ask. I am on my way to Spring Mountain this morning. I will be driving a C8 at the Ron Fellows Driving Academy.

I plan on going but I don't have a lot of track experience, I've always been 1/4 mile person but I am looking forward to the track. In my younger days, I always went to to Acto dragway in NJ every weekend for years. I had a 70 GTO and 70 Camaro.

Never been to a track, road course or 1/4 (never raced at least) so this should be an awesome experience for me. Anyone know if there’s a way your +1 can drive too?

Never been to a track, road course or 1/4 (never raced at least) so this should be an awesome experience for me. Anyone know if there’s a way your +1 can drive too?
I think that you would have to pay full price for your +1 to drive.

If they would not… I know where you can ;)

Hell yeah, looking forward to it. This will be my 5th or 6th trip there. I took the C8 owners school in March and even though I have a bunch of track experience they still did a good job of grouping folks together based on speed and letting you push the car as hard as you like.

Funny you should ask. I am on my way to Spring Mountain this morning. I will be driving a C8 at the Ron Fellows Driving Academy.
You will have a blast , I’ve been countless times for owners classes, C6 ZR1, C7 ZR1, C8 owners classes and Level 1,2&3 classes in C7 and C8 Corvettes . What ever you do don’t miss this opportunity even if you never plan on tracking your car, you will learn so much about it, besides where else can you run the piss out of some one else’s car on a track.

You will have a blast , I’ve been countless times for owners classes, C6 ZR1, C7 ZR1, C8 owners classes and Level 1,2&3 classes in C7 and C8 Corvettes . What ever you do don’t miss this opportunity even if you never plan on tracking your car, you will learn so much about it, besides where else can you run the piss out of some one else’s car on a track.
I know a place … and you will learn a lot ;) 👍

Please share it with us .
7726BE97-204C-48A4-B5E8-0E6A5B1D1383.jpeg
Its not always about the car…. its the nut behind the wheel ;) 👍

The SRT brand of Dodge does command respect but I’ve never been a big fan of Dodge.

Again…. the car is just a tool. Gotta train the driver. Thats my focus.
I can say this… when Vipers were used… people did not take away as much.. the “learning curve” was way different as the car did a majority of the work.
The nice thing about using Hellcats they are seriously easy to over drive…. but when driven correctly… the driver is highly rewarded.
As I stated….. its not about the car…. its the nut behind the wheel that will make the biggest difference.
;) 👍

Last edited:
Again…. the car is just a tool. Gotta train the driver. Thats my focus.
I can say this… when Vipers were used… people did not take away as much.. the “learning curve” was way different as the car did a majority of the work.
The nice thing about using Hellcats they are seriously easy to over drive…. but when driven correctly… the driver is highly rewarded.
As I stated….. its not about the car…. its the nut behind the wheel that will make the biggest difference.
;) 👍
How long have you been an instructor.

Something to keep an eye on for those in the west…..
Its going to be reeeeeeally nice.
They have a membership special now until the 21st of August that is completely refundable.
$1k deposit locks you into current membership prices… as they will be going up once the pavement is completed… and then again when they open.

Attachments

• D1C5B1A2-F0F9-4A39-B43D-E2CECEA56243.jpeg
    D1C5B1A2-F0F9-4A39-B43D-E2CECEA56243.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 117
I've been to Spring Mountain 3 times for the ZR1 school (my 2010 ZR1), then Level 2, and Level 3. Rick Malone said I set the student lap record each time I went. :D I can wheel a car enough to know I'm not going to tear up my CT5-V Blackwing on the track even if it could handle the abuse with better brake fluid. I took my old 2012 CTS-V to the track once (Eagles Canyon in Decatur, TX) and within 10 minutes, I had cooked the stock brake fluid (my mistake), stock brake pad material was breaking up, and lost all brake pedal causing me to slide off the track at 50mph, but luckily threw it sideways in the grass and slid to a stop a good 10' from the tire wall. Good times.

I'm going to LOVE driving my 5BW around town, but it will unlikely see the track. I have other cars more suited to the task.

I will definitely be taking the Spring Mountain school though to beat on their Blackwings. Love that place!

I've been to Spring Mountain 3 times for the ZR1 school (my 2010 ZR1), then Level 2, and Level 3. Rick Malone said I set the student lap record each time I went. :D I can wheel a car enough to know I'm not going to tear up my CT5-V Blackwing on the track even if it could handle the abuse with better brake fluid. I took my old 2012 CTS-V to the track once (Eagles Canyon in Decatur, TX) and within 10 minutes, I had cooked the stock brake fluid (my mistake), stock brake pad material was breaking up, and lost all brake pedal causing me to slide off the track at 50mph, but luckily threw it sideways in the grass and slid to a stop a good 10' from the tire wall. Good times.

I'm going to LOVE driving my 5BW around town, but it will unlikely see the track. I have other cars more suited to the task.

I will definitely be taking the Spring Mountain school though to beat on their Blackwings. Love that place!
Yea stock brake fluid doesn't go very far , even the 2019 up performance cars from GM has a low grade DOT 4 , the best thing to do is swap it out for Castrol SRF and you will be golden . The carbon brakes look good but don't hold up well under a lot of track use , if you plan on tracking this car very much the steel brakes are a better option .

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back