Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

Tips on photos.

After a few failed experiments, I learned that the best way to DIY the poster (and save $650 of the $700 charge) is to:

1. Buy poster-sized prints directly on 1" board from Amazon, or
2a. Print your own at Shutterfly - with 50% discount if you're a Costco member
2b. Get the prints dry-mounted at Michael's for only $18 (30 x 20 size)

No frame necessary with both approaches.

PS - don't forget to crop photos prior to printing.
Probably all good ideas but I sure like the ones I purchased at SM.... I even haggled on the cost for a break....
I have them from both trips 4BW & 5BW on my Blackwing tribute wall..
IMG_75051.jpg

There are also other online options that are incredibly cost effective out there; like Canvas on Demand. They do wrapped images on canvas over wood frames. I have a similar wall from my first spring mountain experience with my CTS-V when my 18 yr old son and I ended up driving corvettes instead of cadillacs.

Attachments

• IMG_3477.jpg
    IMG_3477.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 58
There are also other online options that are incredibly cost effective out there; like Canvas on Demand. They do wrapped images on canvas over wood frames. I have a similar wall from my first spring mountain experience with my CTS-V when my 18 yr old son and I ended up driving corvettes instead of cadillacs.
Cool, my son went with me to SM also... We had so much fun! He even spun out in turn 1 because he did not get on the brakes hard enough, lol....
IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

Sweet. My son wasn't 21 yet, and they did not notice that when we set everything up. We were in the classroom the first morning, and they had to come in and pull us out because Cadillac owns the cars there, and required everyone to be 21 or older. They offered to put us in the Corvettes; which SM owns and allow 18 and up to drive. Of course we accepted their offer for just the two of us to essentially enjoy a private/2 person class with a dedicated instructor. Sadly I never got to drive a CTS-V like my '16 on the track, but the corvettes were still a blast, and we had a very memorable experience

Sweet. My son wasn't 21 yet, and they did not notice that when we set everything up. We were in the classroom the first morning, and they had to come in and pull us out because Cadillac owns the cars there, and required everyone to be 21 or older. They offered to put us in the Corvettes; which SM owns and allow 18 and up to drive. Of course we accepted their offer for just the two of us to essentially enjoy a private/2 person class with a dedicated instructor. Sadly I never got to drive a CTS-V like my '16 on the track, but the corvettes were still a blast, and we had a very memorable experience
That sounds like a good time! I really enjoy doing things with my son as we enjoy a lot of the same things.

Walmart online. $100 for an acrylic and included shipping. Me and the wifey

Attachments

• 20231020_163841.jpg
    20231020_163841.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Probably all good ideas but I sure like the ones I purchased at SM.... I even haggled on the cost for a break....
I have them from both trips 4BW & 5BW on my Blackwing tribute wall..

Nice tribute wall !!

I also included the certificate, but not as nicely framed. :)

I put the map up on the wall too. There was one photo I knew was Turn 3, so it made sense to give on-lookers a chance to experience a little piece of it too.

Greetings from Pahrum. Ready for first day of my second school tomorrow. First one was ATS-V. Driving the big dog this time.
Drove a BMW 430i convertible here and the roads are glorious (compared to IA) with mountains and turns and loooong straights… wished every second I had my 5BW.

Just got back from a drive in the BW today and played around with the traction control. When I put the TC in SPORT mode I noticed that the TC Off light came on. But then when doing SM and using the V-Mode settings that were set which also put the TC in sport mode, I dont recall seeing any yellow lights on the dash.

Is this expected, or was I just too focused on driving at the track to notice the TC disabled led?

Any of the PTM modes will illuminate 2 amber lights, traction and stability control. They aren't off per se but rather bypassed and its a liability/legal issue as to why they illuminate. Unless you only hit the V button once instead of twice, they were on at SM, you must have just not noticed them.

Fun fact, PTM modes also disable cruise control.

I did the course oct 23/24. The instructors were amazing being able to drive at speed and give you constructive criticism. Crazy value for money, especially when it comes with the car.

Back from SM on 11/8-9. What a great time, and the instructors could not have been better. What a great group of people. Good class of drivers/owners too. Can't wait to go back once I get my 5BW.
Mosaic Class.jpg

Was able to jump into an opening on 12/8-9. Anyone else going at the same time?

Also, are there EV chargers onsite? Trying to decide on rental car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back