Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

I’m heading there tomorrow. Anyone here going this week and then staying for F1?

Was able to jump into an opening on 12/8-9. Anyone else going at the same time?

Also, are there EV chargers onsite? Trying to decide on rental car.
Do not rent a Tesla or other EV. Parhrump only has two charging stations in the whole town. I believe instructions in class materials sent before you go state this. Rent something fun for the 45 minute drive

Do not rent a Tesla or other EV. Parhrump only has two charging stations in the whole town. I believe instructions in class materials sent before you go state this. Rent something fun for the 45 minute drive

But don't rent something *too* fun. Instructors mentioned to us that local police are fairly aggressive enforcing speed limits between Parhrump and Las Vegas. They seem to think the kind of people who would drive at Spring Mountain might like to drive fast for some reason.

Thanks for the tips. I will be taking my chances with Hertz Presidents Circle, hopefully I can grab a somewhat fun to drive car.

When I got to the airport in Vegas, I had reserved a car online. When I got there, they told me (Hertz) that my car had not arrived yet from the prior rental and I would have to wait for hours (maybe) or.......I could take whatever they had then. I ended up immediately taking a brand new Toyota Siena hybrid minivan. Needless to say, "fun" was not had, but.....I did get great mileage around Pahrump and Vegas !

When I got to the airport in Vegas, I had reserved a car online. When I got there, they told me (Hertz) that my car had not arrived yet from the prior rental and I would have to wait for hours (maybe) or.......I could take whatever they had then. I ended up immediately taking a brand new Toyota Siena hybrid minivan. Needless to say, "fun" was not had, but.....I did get great mileage around Pahrump and Vegas !
we've bailed on Hertz, Avis, etc. a few years ago. Download the TURO app - like an Airbnb for cars. You pick your price point (make sure you select the option for "drivers over 30") and the car.... everything from Corollas to Lambos. For a small fee, they bring the car to the airport for you (in short term parking, same for drop-off). Super convenient and tons of fun cars (C8s are pretty reasonable).

Sitting at SMR right now. Did East track before. On north track this time around. North track is definitely way more technical. Think a CT4 would be a lot more fun than the CT5 on this track.

Sitting at SMR right now. Did East track before. On north track this time around. North track is definitely way more technical. Think a CT4 would be a lot more fun than the CT5 on this track.
North rather than East track? They told us last week they are usually on East for Cadillac classes. Interesting. I’ve done East and West, and like East better of those two

I was on the north track in July. Corvettes were using the other tracks those days.

Turo is a good option. I rented a Porsche Cayman when I was there last month. It was an automatic, but still pretty cool. It was owned by a company who just rents their cars out via Turo. Ironically, their fleet was half sports cars and half Teslas. :)

Turo, while offering a great selection, won't be as reliable as a real rental company. A lot of these cars are pretty used and old, and a risk to be renting on a 'needs' basis.

But don't rent something *too* fun. Instructors mentioned to us that local police are fairly aggressive enforcing speed limits between Parhrump and Las Vegas. They seem to think the kind of people who would drive at Spring Mountain might like to drive fast for some reason.
And also those people tend to be in a hurry to get back to Vegas to catch an evening flight home. 😂

North rather than East track? They told us last week they are usually on East for Cadillac classes. Interesting. I’ve done East and West, and like East better of those two
Looks like they do caddy classes on north or east. I saw several YouTube videos of caddy’s running north track.

I just came back and I concur. Excellent experience!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9590.jpeg
    IMG_9590.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9592.jpeg
    IMG_9592.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9599.jpeg
    IMG_9599.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9600.jpeg
    IMG_9600.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 76
I can see the bounce in your step Trevor

animation domination lol GIF by gifnews

Yes, I'm 12

Thanks for making me feel just a little bit better 🤏. Ran the north track in a 5 last month... and I sucked🤣.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back