Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

December was a great time of year for SM. Nice daytime weather and chilly nights. I hope you were able to get onsite lodging. The condos were very nice. We only went into town the first night to look around and ate at Panda Express by the Walmart. After SM, we stayed for a few days in Vegas. I hear its a shitshow with the F-1 racing nonsense. Let us know if the gift shop has increased their Cadillac swag. Not so much last year, but I did buy a hat and nice winter jacket with V-logos.

I'm headed to SM next week (8th and 9th) with my son. I was there last year driving the C8s so I kinda know what to expect. Driving both cars , the Corvette seems more stable when driven hard into the turns. I have not pushed the 5BW as hard so I am anxious to see how well it compares. Never did launch control or used the line lock. Driving the manual is also going a different experience I expect. I was in the "middle" group last year...not the fastest and not the slowest. I'm no youngster, so not throwing caution to the wind. Anyway, hope to meet a member from here. My name is Joe, my son is Dylan.

I'm headed to SM next week (8th and 9th) with my son. I was there last year driving the C8s so I kinda know what to expect. Driving both cars , the Corvette seems more stable when driven hard into the turns. I have not pushed the 5BW as hard so I am anxious to see how well it compares. Never did launch control or used the line lock. Driving the manual is also going a different experience I expect. I was in the "middle" group last year...not the fastest and not the slowest. I'm no youngster, so not throwing caution to the wind. Anyway, hope to meet a member from here. My name is Joe, my son is Dylan.
Hi Joe, I’m Ernie and I’ll be there at the same time. Will be driving a 4BW automatic. This will be my first time there, getting excited about it. Safe travels!

My only issue with SM was that they should have grouped all the BW 4's and BW 5's into their own groups. Whenever I got into a straightaway, I was slowed by the BW4 in front of me, until we switched positions. The HP difference is very noticeable.

My only issue with SM was that they should have grouped all the BW 4's and BW 5's into their own groups. Whenever I got into a straightaway, I was slowed by the BW4 in front of me, until we switched positions. The HP difference is very noticeable.
They group by lap time bands. It would be worse if you had guys who couldn't get through the corners on the right line messing up the entire lap.

In my track day experience that's always been part of the program. My 190 hp, 2000 lb Elise on track with bigger heavier cars with three times the horsepower. A smaller car can carry alot more speed into a corner so while they may be slower on the straightaway, you're likely slowing them down in the corners. Just saying.

Hi Joe, I’m Ernie and I’ll be there at the same time. Will be driving a 4BW automatic. This will be my first time there, getting excited about it. Safe travels!
Hey Ernie, safe travels as well. See you next week.

Hey Ernie, safe travels as well. See you next week.
Thanks! Got a call from Spring Mountain yesterday, one of the 4BWs will be in the shop so they asked if it was okay if I drove a 5BW. Of course I told them yes, and that I was also open to a 4BW manual, but it looks like I'll be in a 5BW next week.

Thanks! Got a call from Spring Mountain yesterday, one of the 4BWs will be in the shop so they asked if it was okay if I drove a 5BW. Of course I told them yes, and that I was also open to a 4BW manual, but it looks like I'll be in a 5BW next week.
Looks like someone will be trading in their 4BW for a 5BW after SM session is over . LOL !

Looks like someone will be trading in their 4BW for a 5BW after SM session is over . LOL !

Or he'll appreciate his 4BW even more!
It really can go either way. I have heard the 4BW handles the twisties better while the 5 is surely the beast on the straights. Either way, first timers will surly appreciate what both cars can do vs. every day driving.

It really can go either way. I have heard the 4BW handles the twisties better while the 5 is surely the beast on the straights. Either way, first timers will surly appreciate what both cars can do vs. every day driving.
I came in 2nd place in autox in a 5bw with so many 4 BWs in the group. As a result, I always wonder if the normal joe won’t ever push the 4BW in corners so hard that they really wouldn’t feel any diff in 4 or

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back