Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

Jennifer's not there? Is that Jenifer Koch? She is (was) my person. Great news. I had to post pone my March trip due to hurting my back. She put me on stand by. Guess I'll really be standing by now. Time for a phone call I guess. Thanks for the heads up!

Yep, no more Jennifer Koch. I emailed her to get an update and someone else called me to take care of it.

Jennifer's not there? Is that Jenifer Koch? She is (was) my person. Great news. I had to post pone my March trip due to hurting my back. She put me on stand by. Guess I'll really be standing by now. Time for a phone call I guess. Thanks for the heads up!
Correct, Jennifer is gone. Someone named Ashley called and was going over all the details as I had to cancel my April trip. She was very nice and I’m just waiting on the official confirmation letter, but she said I was good for October 2&3.

Spring mountain was an absolute blast! I just got back today.
If you have the opportunity, you need to do it.
Even if you never took a car on a track or never plan to race it, still go. You will learn a ton.
The instructors are great, the facility is amazing and these car are so much fun.

I will still never track mine, BUT now after having been exposed to their simple autocross course, I may want to look into doing more of that.

I did ask the instructor if there was a noticable differnce between the CF1, CF1/CF2, and Non-CF cars in regards to the effects of the aerodynamics. I've read previously that its only useful at over 180mph. However he said that yes, the instructors can tell a differnce between the cars with or without the aero components, its slight but they can tell.

Last edited:
I did ask the instructor if there was a noticable differnce between the CF1, CF1/CF2, and Non-CF cars in regards to the effects of the aerodynamics. I've read previously that its only useful at over 180mph. However he said that yes, the instructors can tell a differnce between the cars with or without the aero components, its slight but they can tell.

To be clear, they'd only feel it with CF1. CF1 cancels the car's natural tendancy for lift at speed. But it produces no positive down force. CF2 makes no aerodynamic difference to the car at all; it's purely for bling. This for the 5BW, of course. Uncertain about the 4BW.

To be clear, they'd only feel it with CF1. CF1 cancels the car's natural tendancy for lift at speed. But it produces no positive down force. CF2 makes no aerodynamic difference to the car at all; it's purely for bling. This for the 5BW, of course. Uncertain about the 4BW.
Correct. I had asked about cf2 only being that I wasn't sure if the rear lower diffuser was altered in any way from the basic one.

Cf1 vs. Non-cf, He said that during acceleration they can notice it and thats all still under 130mph.

However, he said the effect would not be noticable in track times when I asked if they ever compared lap times of a cf vs. non-cf car, and that there are too many other variables that have more of an impact. I

Called SM and now I have a new sales person, Darci. Seems Jenifer did get me an extension when I hurt my back, until end of Oct, though that's not what Jenifer told me. Everything is booked until end of this year. Starting to think I'm SOL. No further extensions for me per Cadillac. Darci did say they are trying to add more dates, but not sure if or when that might happen. Maybe one of you slugs could cancel or move your Sept/Oct dates?

Called SM and now I have a new sales person, Darci. Seems Jenifer did get me an extension when I hurt my back, until end of Oct, though that's not what Jenifer told me. Everything is booked until end of this year. Starting to think I'm SOL. No further extensions for me per Cadillac. Darci did say they are trying to add more dates, but not sure if or when that might happen. Maybe one of you slugs could cancel or move your Sept/Oct dates?
I would call them every 2 weeks and ask about dates. Eventually there will be a breakthrough. When does your extension expire?

Cadillac is supposedly paying $4000 per V-Academy student. There is on average 15 students (sometimes more) in each class. They can get in at least 2 classes per week. If they work Saturdays (sometimes) they get in 3 classes per week. 15 x $4000 = 60,000 per class. 60,000 x 3 classes week = $180,000 per week $720,000 per month.
Even after salaries and vehicle parts/maintenance....they are doing very well. That's just the Cadillac side of SM.
**** I did not include the student insurance payments that are taken in that is probably never used.
for my friend (who didn't buy a blackwing) to go through the program the cost was $3,845. That got him a CT5 BW manual to drive plus the room, insurance, food, etc.

I would call them every 2 weeks and ask about dates. Eventually there will be a breakthrough. When does your extension expire?

Extension expires end of October. I bought my 4 last May. She said GM will give one 5-6 month extension, that's it. I think that's kind of crappy of GM, especially with how busy they are. Peoples situations change.

Hey anybody on here going to be there next week?

Darci is good. She'll find you a spot!

Planning flights for my trip for the Oct 2-3 session. Class ends at 4:00 PM, and the latest return flight I can get is 6:30.

Is that enough time ?
I was told that I was good for the same Oct 2&3 dates, just waiting for the confirmation letter to be sent. It will be good to meet up with another Texas person from the forum.

Same boat on return flights, so I figured I would return the car rental, then stay the night at a hotel that offered shuttle service for the next morning to fly out.

Since a lot of places are closed on Tuesday, coming in the weekend a little early for a little Vegas action and possibly site seeing again.

I left SM at 4:30, drove back with the rental car, filled up with gas, returned it, took shuttle to airport, went through security and was at my gate by 6:50. If I didn't take my time in between, I could have been to the gate by 6:30, and if I left right after class at 4, I probably could have been at the gate at 6, but that's still cutting it close for a 6:30 flight.
My flight was 12:59am with a connecting flight in Houston so I was in no rush.

I already resolved that we'll stay Tuesday night. You're right about things shutting down - which I knew about and expected. Thankfully many nice places to eat are still open 7 days/wk.

We're arriving Sunday and going straight to Pahrump. Staying at Ceasar's Tuesday night. They advertise that Peter Luger's steakhouse should open in 2023. We're nearly half way done with '23, but I hope its open in time for our visit.

I'm also very excited to meet fellow enthusiasts from our forum !!

Correct. I had asked about cf2 only being that I wasn't sure if the rear lower diffuser was altered in any way from the basic one.

Cf1 vs. Non-cf, He said that during acceleration they can notice it and thats all still under 130mph.

However, he said the effect would not be noticable in track times when I asked if they ever compared lap times of a cf vs. non-cf car, and that there are too many other variables that have more of an impact. I
What did they say about NLS? Or A10 vs 6M on the track? If your gonna talk on their behalf, then talk on their behalf. What you are saying goes against all engineering GM completed in development.

Talking about the car itself and its engineering CF1 vs none, the rest is driver input...

What did they say about NLS? Or A10 vs 6M on the track? If your gonna talk on their behalf, then talk on their behalf. What you are saying goes against all engineering GM completed in development.

Talking about the car itself and its engineering CF1 vs none, the rest is driver input...
Relax, take a deep breath, and count to four. I only said I asked and that was the response I got. I never said it's fact.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back