Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

Funny, our instructor was very adamant about only connecting directly to the battery. I think you could do either one, I just find the engine bay more convenient for my setup.

Was at the dealer yesterday for an alignment...wandered through the showroom. Two CT4's (one V, one Blackwing) hooked up to a battery charger/tender...

IMG_0981.jpg

Be there tomorrow afternoon.

Found out TODAY that I have to go to NY on Sunday for a Monday morning meeting!! 8:30AM flight from LAX Sunday....fug meee....

Immediately dropped the idea of driving there from LA and booked roundtrip on Southwest and car rental. Just enough time to Giada's in Vegas for dinner Saturday night and head back to the airport.

Mrs. Rizzo already booked massage(s). Cheaper than her going to the Forum Shops I suppose...

Trailing
Throttle
Oversteer

Can I bring a +1 to take pictures? Would they also be allowed to be near/on the tracks to do so?

Can I bring a +1 to take pictures? Would they also be allowed to be near/on the tracks to do so?
There are certain vantage points (tower etc) where your guest can take pics...more so for Auto X and figure 8 and some areas of the track as well. They will have a professional photographer take pics of your car on the track for purchase. Your guest can also do a couple of hot laps with the instructor. My wife loved it but it can make people sick if they are prone to motion sickness.

I was told the same thing. I spoke with Darci. She explained they're very busy and would get to the details shortly. She's been very good about returning calls etc. so I'm not worried.
I got the call from Darci today as expected and I'm confirmed for December 15th - 16th!

Planning flights for my trip for the Oct 2-3 session. Class ends at 4:00 PM, and the latest return flight I can get is 6:30.

Is that enough time ?

Planning flights for my trip for the Oct 2-3 session. Class ends at 4:00 PM, and the latest return flight I can get is 6:30.

Is that enough time ?
SM is an hour from the airport. Simply returning my rental car to Hertz at the airport added 30-45 minutes because the rental car place is way off site and you have to take a shuttle. If 6:30 is the only flight home, you'' either need to leave SM early or catch another flight the next day. Don't leave SM early. 😉

Is that enough time ?
Almost certainly not. Hour drive to airport. 30 min from car return to security line. Who’s knows how long in line.

I’m in a similar boat. Being forced to fly Spirit because nothing else leaves late enough to get home.

SM is an hour from Don't leave SM early. 😉
Definitely not. Why spend all that time and money getting there and not get the full experience. On my last day after everything was finished I hung around talking with people. Then a Lamborghini and a AMG GT coupe showed up on the AutoX course. They were doing donuts and generating massive smoke clouds. That was so fun watching that.

Definitely not. Why spend all that time and money getting there and not get the full experience. On my last day after everything was finished I hung around talking with people. Then a Lamborghini and a AMG GT coupe showed up on the AutoX course. They were doing donuts and generating massive smoke clouds. That was so fun watching that.

Full experience, for me, included staying in Las Vegas and catching a hockey game. Then driving down to Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. Definitely stay another day or two. :)

Thanks for the input. I definitely won't leave early. Believe it or not, I was having to persuade the wife to join me. Now there's not much to argue about - we have to stay Tuesday night. :)

Unfortunately Tuesday is the only day you may find shows or restaurants closed.

Did the SM experience on a Monday/Tuesday. Then stayed in Vegas for 5 more days. Well worth it. BUT....I hear the strip is a bit of a mess with all the new construction/demolition and prep for F1 Racing.

PSA - The water bottle they give you at Spring Mountain is definitely not dishwasher safe!
I was there 4/7-8 and like most everyone else who has commented here I came away quite impressed with the whole experience. I had a great time getting to run some laps, learn more about the car, and hang out with a great group of fellow Blackwing owners.
3D68BFD8-CDDF-438B-8870-A0C85F8D53F8.jpeg

Did the Spring Mountain thing this past weekend and it was awesome. Didn't set the track on fire (I think my best time was a 1:26 or something) but had a great time and met some cool Blackwing folks. Definitely gave me the bug for wanting to take my car to the track. When I hopped in the car to take my son to daycare this morning, my first instinct was to hit the V button and drive like a goon, but I thought the better of it and just trundled down the highway as usual.

Someone finally called to confirm my dates and information! Turns out the person I had been working with is no longer with Spring Mountain. That may have been a part of my issue. I'll be staying off-site in town and can't wait! Gonna be hot though in Aug. I think the wife will likely be hanging out at the lake for a couple days while I sweat.

Someone finally called to confirm my dates and information! Turns out the person I had been working with is no longer with Spring Mountain. That may have been a part of my issue. I'll be staying off-site in town and can't wait! Gonna be hot though in Aug. I think the wife will likely be hanging out at the lake for a couple days while I sweat.
Let me guess, the original person you were working with was named Jennifer? I finally received my official call today myself from Ashley confirming mine for Oct and she mentioned that Jennifer was no longer there.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back