Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain Impressions

Hi All,

I just attended the Cadillac V Academy on April 12-13 and as a result joined this forum from suggestions by others that were there.

Can't say enough how fun it was to be around like minded people. The sessions are top notch and the instructors are excellent.

I don't really have a road race history since I have mostly been drag racing so I learned a ton in these few days.

I have PDR video as well as some in-car video that I am going through.

I did a quick edit of my ride-along demo ride with one of their instructors.

Check out the clip here:

Mike

EDIT - D’oh, Gina just sent me the new dates this morn — I missed the prior posts from Friday.

Thankfully I was able to sign up for Sept 28-29, along with the wife (who will also drive). July was tempting from a vaca perspective, but having lived in AZ and done track days in 105/110 degree heat, late-Sept sounded more pleasant.

Anyone else from here attending that weekend?

Ted

Last edited:
I got the email but the attached link wouldn't let me make a reservation. Now all my preferred dates are closed. They didn't call me about it, and I emailed them immediately when I had the issue. I called today and left a voicemail, and in response they sent me an email asking me to look at what's left and let them know. I just let them know that I will settle for Aug 7th - 8th and hopefully they lock that in for me.

UPDATE: Looks like they are going to lock in that Aug date for me. Gonna be a HOT time...

Last edited:
Just checked and wow, all those seats that were available on Friday are gone. About 17 seats available during Dec.

There were 7-8 seats in my session at 9am when I got on the phone with Gina, and they all were gone by noon. (I took two of them.) Gotta love BW owners!

I just booked 12/4-12/5. It didn't give me the option to select a 6MT. Do I need to confirm that at ct5bw in manual transmission is available?

I’m all signed up now. I was waiting for they to call me back. I left a message Friday night that would like a date in October. Then I seen all the dates start disappearing on the web. I called them and finally got through to the person that I was assigned to. Jahna got me signed up for Nov 20,21 which is not even on the website. I’m in on a Ct5 manual.

I just booked 12/4-12/5. It didn't give me the option to select a 6MT. Do I need to confirm that at ct5bw in manual transmission is available?
I think they match your VIN, but I would call to be safe.

I'm all signed up for December 15/16. I had an opportunity to go next month but I wanted a manual transmission. I would definitely call if you have a transmission preference!

I'm signed in for July 17-18.

I signed up using the link and then sent an email to my sales associate. The link didn’t have a way except for stating in the comments section.
Waiting on her to respond to my email, but last time it took her some time. Honestly I can drive either tranny, but when I finally hear from her, I will make sure it’s correct.

Yes, early bird and all that. I got a 5 6mt but got last one available for my dates for end of May.

I went in early April and it was a blast; however, if you can feasibly 'road trip' your Blackwing and drive there, it can be an amazing experience in of itself.

In my case I was coming from Northern California.

I did one leg via one of my favorite remote backroads, Airline Hwy (not to be confused with Skyline!). Perfect for a BW, mix of long straights and twisty roads.

Second leg was past Edwards AFB, Route 66, and some remote desert roads through Mojave and Death Valley.

The event itself was awesome

The return trip was a single shot back home on roads so boring I achieved 30mpg. :LOL:

What's up Russell. It's Dave.
What's up Fella's! Its Joe From Wisconsin. I was thinking this should be a few of the guys from my class and then I look closer and that's ME in the pic of the classroom! Anyway, fun to read your post, Dave! What a blast to spend a few days with you guys. Hope you are enjoying your BW's! All the best from Wisconsin!

For all those who have confirmed dates, how long did it take for someone to call from Spring Mountain and settle everything up? I haven't been called yet, but they told me they would hold my date and call later to wrap everything up.

I'm told everything is now booked thru the end of the year. I'm on "standby".

For all those who have confirmed dates, how long did it take for someone to call from Spring Mountain and settle everything up? I haven't been called yet, but they told me they would hold my date and call later to wrap everything up.
I was told the same thing. I spoke with Darci. She explained they're very busy and would get to the details shortly. She's been very good about returning calls etc. so I'm not worried.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back