Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Slightly stupid question.... (what SD card do I get for PDR?)

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
I think the owners manual says "Fat32 Class 10" which.. well, I don't know what that means. Can someone link me?

Thanks!

Pretty much all of them can be formatted as such - takes a minute to slot them into your laptop, format it and go - I went with a 2 pack of these, as IIRC the Cadillac manual suggested a max size, so I passed on getting a 128

This is 480p quality for an example (this is when I first tried it out during break-in period, there's nothing interesting to see past the first few seconds here when I almost hit a buzzard). The high quality is actually pretty good IMHO, but the 480p is fine for daily running and to have proof of any dodgy bikers and the like.

Last edited:
There was another thread on this somewhere... Someone suggested the 128gb version of this card as there is a way around the fat32. I bought this on Amazon and it works as i tested it.

SAMSUNG PRO Endurance 256GB MicroSDXC Memory Card with Adapter for Dash Cam, Body Cam, and security camera – Class 10, U3, V30 (‎MB-MJ256KA/AM)

Do these cards have to be formatted or can i just pop them in and go... i hv absolutely no idea how to format something, moreover i dont have a computer to format anything... (i sit in front of one for 12hrs a day, no interest in a PC...
Tks gang...

^Straight in. Drop into CVS, Walmart, OfficeMax, etc... and get a half decent one and pop it in the slot. Job done.
I know the manual says ensure format such and such, but typically they are good OTOB, such as the one I linked above.

Last edited:
^Straight in. Drop into CVS, Walmart, OfficeMax, etc... and get a half decent one and pop it in the slot. Job done.
I know the manual says ensure format such and such, but typically they are good OTOB, such as the one I linked above.
Youre a star, thanks brotha... reading all this had my head in spins, im a pulg and play guy lol

Next question and forgive me if its been addressed, will it write over itself when its full? Or do we need to do something for that to happen, id like it to just continue recording and wrote over itself

Next question and forgive me if its been addressed, will it write over itself when its full? Or do we need to do something for that to happen, id like it to just continue recording and wrote over itself
No prob. I forget the default, but yes you can choose in the PDR settings whether you want it to overwrite or fill up and not be able to record any further.

No prob. I forget the default, but yes you can choose in the PDR settings whether you want it to overwrite or fill up and not be able to record any further.
Awesome... thanks again

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners