Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Service Rear Axle Warning

V56

Seasoned Member
I have a '22 4V Blackwing Manual and only 850 miles on it so far. Started it up in the garage this morning to take it out for a drivelike I always do and a warning message came on stating Service Rear Axle. I dismissed the warning and just went out and drove it like I had planned to do. The warning hasn't come back on yet but just seeing if anyone else out here has had this issue come up.

Low battery most likely, I'd suggest a trickle charger or you need to drive it more when you do take it out.

Your drive probably isn't sufficient to charge the battery based on the mileage you have.

Thanks guys, I already put it on by Battery Tender this afternoon.

I have tenders for both bikes but I've never had the luxury of needing one for a 4 wheeler. :)

Yep, low battery. These cars have alot of "vampire" electronics running in the background. I just went out to visit my car in storage. Been there for about 6 weeks since last visit. I have a tender on it and I still got a yellow dash light on start up.

Yep, low battery. These cars have alot of "vampire" electronics running in the background. I just went out to visit my car in storage. Been there for about 6 weeks since last visit. I have a tender on it and I still got a yellow dash light on start up.
.....and this is my question. Mine is on a trickle charger, but when I start it, it's starts at around 11 volts. Last time I was out, it never got over 13.6 volts. It used to run ~14.2 - 14.4. I don't think it's normal to run 12.8 to 13.6. Is it new battery time? Thoughts?

I would highly recommend you NOT use a trickle charger, but rather use a Battery Tender. Trickle chargers over charge batteries and then they become unable to store the proper voltage level. A Tender only charges as much as is needed and turns itself back on only when needed.

I call it a trickle charger, it's actually a CTEK "battery charger and maintainer".

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back