Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Case for lemon/buyback?

savethemanual

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V blackwing
So, some background.

Got a ct4 v blackwing brand new 2 weeks back. Driving out of the dealers car started showing warning messages and as I joined the freeway I lost power steering (it was on and off) it was terrifying. Several other warning messages popped up during the drive back including charging system failure, axle issue etc. Drove back to dealer and left it there.

Since then service center has been trying to diagnose the problem, they thought they had a breakthrough when they ordered a new steering rack and replaced it yesterday but problem resurfaced on the test drive.

What are my options here? It’s a brand new car and this happened at 9 miles. It’s also a safety issue since it’s power steering loss. The fact that it has not been diagnosed in 2 weeks leads me to think it might be a bigger issue. I am in California btw.

This might help, it's for California.

I did go through the process once with a Mercedes I purchased used, out of state, through a dealer. Mercedes used a third party company specializing in Lemon Law buy back(s). In the end they reimbursed the cost of the vehicle, taxes, and shipping (for delivering the car from the dealer to me after purchase). I should add, the car was still under the manufacture new car warranty.

Last edited:
I did go through the process once with a Mercedes I purchased used, out of state, through a dealer. Mercedes used a third party company specializing in Lemon Law buy back(s). In the end they reimbursed the cost of the vehicle, taxes, and shipping (for delivering the car from the dealer to me after purchase). I should add, the car was still under the manufacture new car warranty.
How bad of a state was the Mercedes in?

How bad of a state was the Mercedes in?
The ECU locked up the car. Wouldn't move out of park. They eventually had to request a specialized tool from Germany but they didn't know how to properly use it. By the time they fixed it, I had already signed off - the car was theirs. It was an E63 AMG.

The ECU locked up the car. Wouldn't move out of park. They eventually had to request a specialized tool from Germany but they didn't know how to properly use it. By the time they fixed it, I had already signed off - the car was theirs. It was an E63 AMG.
Stories like this is why I went cadillac instead of a new M3.
It was very ironic that my cadillac experience happened to be worse :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back