Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Seat Options

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I have a CT5-V Blackwing and was wondering about options for more comfortable seats. I'm 6'3 225 lbs, so not huge but definitely bigger than normal and I find the lower seat bolsters to be too aggressive. Does anyone have a suggestion for retrofitting another Cadillac model seat that isn't as performance oriented?

You didn't say what level seats you currently have. It's generally agreed that the base seats are the most comfortable for a touring option.

IMG_5333.JPG

The base seats are a bit softer and I found them the most comfortable but as you can see they don't look as sporty. The side bolsters are ok, a little less support than the sport buckets but the thigh bolstering that you are complaining of is much less aggressive with the base seats, which makes them a bit easier to get in and out of. There also feels like there is more seat padding on the seat cushion. You could probably swap them and then try to sell your performance seats?

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 11.18.00 AM.png

Yes, I am aware. That adjustment option is the only way I can tolerate these bolsters.

Slightly besides the topic of your post, but I did notice those cool looking CF paddle shifter extensions you have installed. Are they worth a shot? Curious as to who makes them and if the adhesive will become a messy slimy goo in the summer months

I am between guinea pigging it for the forums and doing the full carbon paddle replacement (the C8 paddles/hardware look IDENTICAL) or just going with some of these stick ons, but I would absolutely prefer the factory look of a swapped paddle.

As mentioned, the base seat bolsters are lower and softer. The seat itself overall is definitely more comfortable than the mid or top tier seat.

Yep, I recall when I was buying my 4BW, they had all three seat options available and I tested them each extensively back to back for over an hour. The sport bucket leather seats are the firmest. They are totally doable, look great and are excellent for the track but from a comfort perspective they are on the firm side, however, you get ventilation and massage to make up for it. :)

The mid-tier bucket seats are a little bit softer, I think only because they use an alcantara instead of leather on the seat cushion and where your back rests. They have the same aggressive bolstering. I think if you want the sport bucket sporty look but save a bit of money this is the sweet spot. That said, I still think they are over priced at $3k extra on the 4BW, considering you only get the front seats, back seats are still base so they are mismatched material, they have no cooling option, no leg extension like the other seats and they are not actual Recaro seats. The Recaro seats in my ZL1 were the real deal and they come standard. I feel like the base seats in the 4BW should be the mid-tier alcantara seats.

Anyway, I have the base seats in my 4BW, which IMO don't look that great but they make up for in comfort. When you sit in the different seats back to back it is quite noticeable how much more cushion there is where your butt and lower back rest in the seat.

Last edited:
Thanks for information guys.

Be on the lookout for a listing for these sport seats because I’m definitely going to replace them.

Be on the lookout for a listing for these sport seats because I’m definitely going to replace them.
You can probably find a CT5/CT5V, CT4/CT4V on a lot somewhere, which come with the base seats so you can try them out for yourself.

Yep, I recall when I was buying my 4BW, they had all three seat options available and I tested them each extensively back to back for over an hour. The sport bucket leather seats are the firmest. They are totally doable, look great and are excellent for the track but from a comfort perspective they are on the firm side, however, you get ventilation and massage to make up for it. :)

The mid-tier bucket seats are a little bit softer, I think only because they use an alcantara instead of leather on the seat cushion and where your back rests. They have the same aggressive bolstering. I think if you want the sport bucket sporty look but save a bit of money this is the sweet spot. That said, I still think they are over priced at $3k extra on the 4BW, considering you only get the front seats, back seats are still base so they are mismatched material, they have no cooling option, no leg extension like the other seats and they are not actual Recaro seats. The Recaro seats in my ZL1 were the real deal and they come standard. I feel like the base seats in the 4BW should be the mid-tier alcantara seats.

I have the base seats in my 4BW, which IMO don't look that great but they make up for in comfort. When you sit in the different seats back to back it is quite noticeable how much more cushion there is where you butt and lower back rest in the seat.
Well put sir!

can anyone post pics of the 3 different seat options?

Ah, that fuckin' Flowers. 😉

I bet you could find someone on this forum or on one of the Blackwing FB groups with the base seats who would be willing to swap with you plus kick in a little cash. It would probably be easier than buying a set and selling yours separately.

Ah, that fuckin' Flowers. 😉

I bet you could find someone on this forum or on one of the Blackwing FB groups with the base seats who would be willing to swap with you plus kick in a little cash. It would probably be easier than buying a set and selling yours separately.

That would be the preferred option. But, my concern is that the seat installation includes some sensor that has to be reset by the dealer, or some other electrical connection that prevents me from simply installing them myself.

That would be the preferred option. But, my concern is that the seat installation includes some sensor that has to be reset by the dealer, or some other electrical connection that prevents me from simply installing them myself.
You may want to refer to the service manual online to get an idea of the installation.

I don't think the base seats in the 5BW have the massage or ventilation. On my 4BW, the base seats only have controls for heat, lumbar and the side bolsters, no hip bolster control. I would hope they bolt to the floor in the same locations but you never know with the stuff until you get in there.

Base seats(5bw) DO have massage and ventilation. I accidentally turned on the massage feature the first day I had the car and got quite confused.

That is nice. I wish my base seats in the 4BW had ventilation. You have to spend $5500 to get the leather seats with the climate option to pick up ventilation.

I think the semi-aniline seats come with the SUEDED MICROFIBER WRAPPED INTERIOR TRIM PACKAGE while the base seats not sure what the interior panels are since I've never seen them. I really like that interior trim.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back