Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

SD card for Performance data recorder

COHEN_MARK

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V BLACKWING
Does anyone know what size SD card the PDR uses? I'd like to use the largest available.

This should work too, right? Still need to format to FAT?

Have you been able to successfully access the files on a PC or Mac after the card fills up. I was able to read all the files in the car, but not much luck on a computer (some read and others didn’t). I switched to 32GB but haven’t tried to read them on a computer yet.
I just got the car last week and then a snow storm hit. So i haven't tried it yet.

The largest memory car the manual mentions is 32 GB. Reading this thread looks like even a 256 GB will work? Read you can have the recorder on while the car is powered up. Anyone use the PDR as a dash cam?

With the 32GB, I get about 2 days worth of commuting, I dont think I would want to store a week or two worth of video that could (possibly) incriminate me in having some fun here or there.

With the 32GB, I get about 2 days worth of commuting, I dont think I would want to store a week or two worth of video that could (possibly) incriminate me in having some fun here or there.
Are you recording in 480p? Guess my main concern would be the deterioration in quality of the SD card when consistently being recorded over.

Are you recording in 480p? Guess my main concern would be the deterioration in quality of the SD card when consistently being recorded over.
I may be wrong - but I don't think repeated re-recording will hurt the card. I'd be curious to know if indeed it would lead to eventual deterioration?

With all solid state non volatile memory media, there is a finite number of times the memory allocations can be written to. Larger storage media will last longer as it will overwrite the same allocation less often. With any of the higher quality media, this is usually not an issue as it takes many, many re-writes.

With all solid state non volatile memory media, there is a finite number of times the memory allocations can be written to. Larger storage media will last longer as it will overwrite the same allocation less often. With any of the higher quality media, this is usually not an issue as it takes many, many re-writes.
Thx @dstewart51 - I just learned something!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back