Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Video Recorder

WildCPA

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5 V Blackwing
Anybody have experience with the video recorder in the trunk? I put an SD card in it and when I go into the infotainment setting it says No SD card present. When I put the same card in the PDR it works just fine. I also have a 2nd blank card I was going to install in the video recorder. But it is giving me the same error No SD card present. But when I put it in the PDR it reads it fine.

Any ideas or suggestions?

This thread helped me get mine working:

My issue was getting the format right.

This thread helped me get mine working:

My issue was getting the format right.
I think the format is correct. I formatted the card in the PDR and the PDR reads the Card fine. The problem is when I put it in the video slot, it says sd card not present. So, i don’t think it’s the format.

Mine was giving me the same message. I had to try several cards and keep formatting with my computer, then trying them. Eventually one worked.

Mine was giving me the same message. I had to try several cards and keep formatting with my computer, then trying them. Eventually one worked.
What size card did you eventually get to work?

What size is the card you are trying to use? I think the manual says use a 32GB, but other may have used some different sized ones. My car seems to like 32GB.

from the manual:

The recommended SD card is a 32GB
SDHC card with FAT32 file system,
Class 10 and over

What size is the card you are trying to use? I think the manual says use a 32GB, but other may have used some different sized ones. My car seems to like 32GB.

from the manual:

The recommended SD card is a 32GB
SDHC card with FAT32 file system,
Class 10 and over
Thank You
I will try that

I give 32GB cards to our customers but I format them all in my PC first. That seems to eliminate any issues.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 10.04.51 AM.png

On the 23 5VBW, it recommends a 64GB V30 FAT32 for the Surround Vision Recorder

I’ve tried 128GB on my 22 5BW and it records and plays back fine in the car. However, some video files are unreadable on a Mac or a PC. I switched to 32GB to see if that still happens, will need to check it in the next couple days. The thing is that FAT32 only works up to 32GB so the recorder must be doing something funny with the file system. I don’t have this problem with other dash cams with 128GB cards. But those dash cams also format the card. It’s kind of stupid that the Cadillac recorder won’t format a card.

I run a 256GB Sandisk U3 and it worked great on my C8 and was easy to playback on my Mac. I took that card out of my C8 and put it in my 5VBW but haven't bothered to try and play any videos back yet. Might check it this weekend and see.

I tried the Samsung Pro Endurance 256GB. It worked fine out of the box (ExFAT format) in the PDR, but not in the SVR. I reformatted it to FAT32 multiple times, but could not get it to work in the SVR. So I tried the 128GB version of the same card. After reformatting it to FAT32, it works fine in the SVR.

I tried the Samsung Pro Endurance 256GB. It worked fine out of the box (ExFAT format) in the PDR, but not in the SVR. I reformatted it to FAT32 multiple times, but could not get it to work in the SVR. So I tried the 128GB version of the same card. After reformatting it to FAT32, it works fine in the SVR.
I have a 128GB card. How did you format it fat32? My windows only has ExFat and NTFS. When I try using the dos command D:/cvt32 it does not recognize the command.

I am kind of at a loss here. LOL

I have a 128GB card. How did you format it fat32? My windows only has ExFat and NTFS. When I try using the dos command D:/cvt32 it does not recognize the command.

I am kind of at a loss here. LOL
I downloaded a free utility that was recommended in another thread on this site. Here's the link.

I downloaded a free utility that was recommended in another thread on this site. Here's the link.
That worked. ☺️ Thank You

I do not understand why GM did not update the video recorder to the newer technology that the PDR uses. This was a PIA for people that understand technology. I can only imagine a novice that does not have a clue. You almost have to ask the dealership to figure it out for you. Crazy!

That worked. ☺️ Thank You

I do not understand why GM did not update the video recorder to the newer technology that the PDR uses. This was a PIA for people that understand technology. I can only imagine a novice that does not have a clue. You almost have to ask the dealership to figure it out for you. Crazy!
Couldn't agree more. Glad you got it sorted out -- that's what a forum like this is for!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back