Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Roll Call

I Dont Understand Whats Going On GIF by HULU
I showed Tall Steve how to post a giphy and inadvertently released the Kraken. :chuckle

Every time I see these, I wonder .. does Mrs Tall Steve know he’s got a wild side on the forum?
Are we his outlet for blowing off steam - and he’s on his best behavior at home? 🤣
Tall Steve learns how to use gifs in the same week that my gif feature stops working... coincidence?

Every time I see these, I wonder .. does Mrs Tall Steve know he’s got a wild side on the forum?
Are we his outlet for blowing off steam - and he’s on his best behavior at home? 🤣
She knows I'm nuttier than a squirrel turd but she is in to deep now to pull out (39 yrs)... At home and on guys night out (Tuesday) I let it all hang out!

The better question is does all the "other" people that I'm around on a daily basis know the "real" me? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.... I'm around some of Dallas's most elite people and they see another side to me....A very professional side that cant make any mistakes, and that's why when I'm not at work it's game on!

EDIT: I have attached my corporate ID photo....LOL

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Assuming we are still doing some roll call here :)

I’ll start by saying I haven’t been this excited about a new car in a while, especially a GM outside of the C8. I think the last one that created this much internal buzz was the Audi RS6 Avant, oh, and then the Porsche Taycan Gran Turismo (I like the wagons).. I just don’t make that kind of money to buy one of those monsters. Used to have a 2000 S4, but would have loved the RS4 Avant that never came to the states.

I’m 49 with only a few months to go before the big 50, so, this is sort of a birthday present to myself. That’s become kind of a thing for me the past decade. I bought a used VW Touareg TDI at 40 (which was bought back after diesel gate), and then a 2004 6spd 545 BMW the next year, which I sold and now regret in 2015.

Then, in 2016, I got a BMW 335is with a manual that I still have, and in 2019 bought a used Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 to replace the Touareg.. I was looking for another diesel because of the amazing mileage, but when I found the Supercharged V8 with low miles, I couldn’t’t resist.

In the middle of all of that I did get a 2017 VW GTI Sport that I only had for a year because having 3 cars after getting the RR seemed ridiculous, but now I’m back to having 3 cars once the BW is delivered.

Prior to all of that I had a 1997 VW Passat, 2000 Audi S4 6spd, and a 2012 VW GTI 2dr 6spd. Loved them all.

That’s my car history, so my personal history is that I was born and raised in upstate NY, went to Syracuse University and moved down to NY/NJ area for work after school. I lived in Brooklyn for a bit, then all around mid and upper NJ and ultimately in Hoboken before moving to Phoenix, AZ.

I’ve been in Phoenix for 17 years now and have a 15 year old daughter and am single, yet again.

I am a software engineer, but got into InfoSec years ago and have remained in that space for a while. I’m also a partner in a restaurant concept in town and hope to make that my day job one day soon.

While I’d like to capitalize on the current car market and sell my 335is for close to what I paid, I think I would regret it like I have with my older 545, so I’m going to keep it until I get the Caddy and determine if its worth keeping.

What I find great about this forum, and probably holds true for all car enthusiast forums is that no matter your political, religious or any affiliation, we all seem to work together and joke around about various things since we all have that one thing in common. Now, only if the rest of the world acted in a similar fashion.

Can't wait to be driving the new ride, and probably won't touch the other two cars for the first 6 months, until I deem I put too many miles on the BW...

I’ll start by saying I haven’t been this excited about a new car in a while, especially a GM outside of the C8. I think the last one that created this much internal buzz was the Audi RS6 Avant, oh, and then the Porsche Taycan Gran Turismo (I like the wagons).. I just don’t make that kind of money to buy one of those monsters. Used to have a 2000 S4, but would have loved the RS4 Avant that never came to the states.

I’m 49 with only a few months to go before the big 50, so, this is sort of a birthday present to myself. That’s become kind of a thing for me the past decade. I bought a used VW Touareg TDI at 40 (which was bought back after diesel gate), and then a 2004 6spd 545 BMW the next year, which I sold and now regret in 2015.

Then, in 2016, I got a BMW 335is with a manual that I still have, and in 2019 bought a used Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 to replace the Touareg.. I was looking for another diesel because of the amazing mileage, but when I found the Supercharged V8 with low miles, I couldn’t’t resist.

In the middle of all of that I did get a 2017 VW GTI Sport that I only had for a year because having 3 cars after getting the RR seemed ridiculous, but now I’m back to having 3 cars once the BW is delivered.

Prior to all of that I had a 1997 VW Passat, 2000 Audi S4 6spd, and a 2012 VW GTI 2dr 6spd. Loved them all.

That’s my car history, so my personal history is that I was born and raised in upstate NY, went to Syracuse University and moved down to NY/NJ area for work after school. I lived in Brooklyn for a bit, then all around mid and upper NJ and ultimately in Hoboken before moving to Phoenix, AZ.

I’ve been in Phoenix for 17 years now and have a 15 year old daughter and am single, yet again.

I am a software engineer, but got into InfoSec years ago and have remained in that space for a while. I’m also a partner in a restaurant concept in town and hope to make that my day job one day soon.

While I’d like to capitalize on the current car market and sell my 335is for close to what I paid, I think I would regret it like I have with my older 545, so I’m going to keep it until I get the Caddy and determine if its worth keeping.

What I find great about this forum, and probably holds true for all car enthusiast forums is that no matter your political, religious or any affiliation, we all seem to work together and joke around about various things since we all have that one thing in common. Now, only if the rest of the world acted in a similar fashion.

Can't wait to be driving the new ride, and probably won't touch the other two cars for the first 6 months, until I deem I put too many miles on the BW...
Welcome! Where in Upstate are you originally from?

Thanks for sharing your story!

Welcome! Where in Upstate are you originally from?
Originally from Utica, and my mother grew up in Syracuse. My grandfather (mom's side) was from Sicily and came to the US and lived with his aunt, who was in Syracuse and that's how we ended up there apparently, at least that half of the family. Father's side seemed to have roots in Utica.

Originally from Utica, and my mother grew up in Syracuse. My grandfather (mom's side) was from Sicily and came to the US and lived with his aunt, who was in Syracuse and that's how we ended up there apparently, at least that half of the family. Father's side seemed to have roots in Utica.
Originally from Canandaigua just South of Rochester. Also went to college in Syracuse since graduating have lived a number of different states and countries (Switzerland & Singapore). Welcome to the forum!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back